Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What to play with during my ERO session.
Quote | Reply
My session has been scheduled and confirmed! My goal is to optimize as much as possible so I can ride the fastest 4k of my life next summer. I'll be on my Shiv TT bike instead of my Cervelo T4 since the shiv has a PM, but what all should I be looking to test? I'm figuring on some basics such as my position, helmets, maybe skinsuits and if there is more time after that...what should I look into next? If you feeling like I'm over looking something, feel free to chime in too. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: What to play with during my ERO session. [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The top 3:
1. Position
2. Position
3. Position

Seriously. I would work on position particularly if you aren’t currently comfortable or you feel your power output is comprised. ERO has a reputation of being very good for bike fit, so they should be able to adjust position with an eye towards aerodynamics.

If you get that dialed then helmet followed by skinsuit. Shoes and pedals would be a possibility, but honestly you could just do Giros and aero speedplays. They may or may not be better, but I haven’t ever heard that someone said they were worse.
Quote Reply
Re: What to play with during my ERO session. [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mind you the photos below are from over two years ago now but the setup hasn't changed since then. I'm excited to see what Jim can do with my position. I'm a goofy one to fit and have always provided a challenge. I'm not worried about comfort for a sub 5 minute effort so as long as the power can still be produced.

I'm already on the Speedplay Zero Aero, so that one is easy. I'm currently using well worn Shimano R321's, but recently picked up an extremely cheap set of Specialized Sub-6's off ebay. If money grew on trees, I would love to do a full custom Bont Zero+ (their stock sizing doesn't fit my foot) or the simmons Racing MOJO but can't justify putting that on the CC.

US Pro TT pre-flat Pre-JMSR team ride

Quote Reply
Re: What to play with during my ERO session. [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't see the 'with' until I clicked reply, but I'll stick with Pantera as my comment anyway.

Quote Reply