Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stefan Schumacher
Quote | Reply
Ex pro cyclist Stefan Schumacher banned for doping with CERA from 2008 TDF finishes sixth in his Ironman debut
https://www.sport.es/labolsadelcorredor/stefan-schumacher-dopaje-ironman/
Quote Reply
Re: Stefan Schumacher [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jollyroger88 wrote:
Ex pro cyclist Stefan Schumacher banned for doping with CERA from 2008 TDF finishes sixth in his Ironman debut

And doper Weiss won.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jollyroger88 wrote:

Interesting, think he got a Kona slot as well as it rolled down to 6th position for the men (assuming 4 slots)
Quote Reply
Re: Stefan Schumacher [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
jollyroger88 wrote:

Interesting, think he got a Kona slot as well as it rolled down to 6th position for the men (assuming 4 slots)

Should be a new category for ex-pro cycling dopers: could invite Vinokourov along to the party too.
Quote Reply
Re: Stefan Schumacher [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTC should be embarrassed

asianzone wrote:
jollyroger88 wrote:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Stefan Schumacher [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

True, but ....

... what about WTC's past history would lead anyone to think they would be embarrassed at all by this? They have a clear record of openly allowing known or convicted dopers to race, including:

- He Who Shall Not Be Named
- Michael Weiss
- Alexander Vinokourov
- Stefan Schumacher
- Beth Gerdes (McKenzie)
- Nina Kraft
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Schumacher always seemed like a particularly big tool because he got busted after that period in time when cycling started trying to clean up, but I kinda have a hard time with a lifetime ban when doping was just part of the business back then. I think Basson is one of the few clean ex-pros and they just about ran him out of the sport for NOT doping. I place more blame on the team management and UCI for making doping a necessary part of being a pro athlete.

Should all former football, baseball, track and field... athletes be excluded because there probably aren't many of them that didn't dope at some point. Cycling just put way more effort into testing.

Also this is sort of interesting timing seeing as Congress is considering prison reform.
Quote Reply
Re: Stefan Schumacher [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Should all former football, baseball, track and field... athletes be excluded because there probably aren't many of them that didn't dope at some point.

Yes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Embarrassed about the distribution of men vs women slots at the pro level?

Totally agree.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Stefan Schumacher [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't confirm as to whether Schumacher got a pro roll down slot to Kona or not, but if so him getting a slot vs. the women who went sub-9 at AZ who didn't get one is definitely embarrassing.

mauricemaher wrote:

Totally agree.

Maurice

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I can't confirm as to whether Schumacher got a pro roll down slot to Kona or not

He did as Weiss and Stevenson already had slots thus it rolled to 6th place.
Quote Reply
Re: Stefan Schumacher [moonmonkey02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
moonmonkey02 wrote:

Should be a new category for ex-pro cycling dopers: could invite Vinokourov along to the party too.

A special relay event: doping ex-cyclists vs (as far as we know) non-doping ex-cyclists.

Doping: Schumacher, Colom, Guerra, Lance, Weiss, Vino.

Non-doping: Talansky, Wurf...uh help me out here people...
Last edited by: trail: Dec 6, 18 7:38
Quote Reply
Re: Stefan Schumacher [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Stefan Schumacher [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't read it. This came across my feed a couple of times over the last few days or week.

30% self-confess to doping in a survey. Danish athletes. Summary says similar to that of Dutch and German elite athletes.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211266917300440

Edit to hyperlink.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Last edited by: -JBMarshTX: Dec 6, 18 8:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Yeah but what about all the clean triathletes out there. How is that fair to them. I don't believe doping is a systemic thing among pro triathletes.
I don't think they can afford it, at least those not training with a national federation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I certainly think there is. Lots of doping in triathlon, just like other sports. Ours is not immune to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Stefan Schumacher [-JBMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-JBMarshTX wrote:
Didn't read it. This came across my feed a couple of times over the last few days or week.

30% self-confess to doping in a survey. Danish athletes. Summary says similar to that of Dutch and German elite athletes.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2211266917300440

Edit to hyperlink.

I'm going to have to read that several times, but they appear to used what is, to me, odd methodology. It seems the rate of responders who actually answered "yes" to having doped was ~3%. Then they used a bunch of statistical stuff to determine that another ~27% were being dishonest. At least that's my leaving-for-work reading of it.

Edit: I could be off base. I am not an expert in the latest in poll science.
Last edited by: trail: Dec 6, 18 8:45
Quote Reply
Re: Stefan Schumacher [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree that it certainly isn't immune more that EPO is expensive, getting the right medical assisstance an't be cheap either. Those guys earning a few grand from a race would barely cover their cost of racing never mind the knowledge and/or equipment to microdose, etc.

However, if your training pals had that all sorted because in they're in a well funded pro tour cycling team, then it might be easier.
Last edited by: Sun Wu Kong: Dec 6, 18 8:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

asianzone wrote:
jollyroger88 wrote:

But they don't care that people think they should be embarrassed.

After all, pros keeping signing up for their races and chasing Kona.

AG'ers keep dropping the dollars to sign up for races.

Everyone says they should stop, should be embarrassed, etc. But they keep giving them the platform.

I've been in this sport over a decade now and it became very apparent many years ago WTC or whoever it was before just simply does not care. They are about the dollar first and that is their priority. Fair and clean racing is further down the priority list, much further.

Unfortunate, yes, but it's how it is with WTC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
I can't confirm as to whether Schumacher got a pro roll down slot to Kona or not, but if so him getting a slot vs. the women who went sub-9 at AZ who didn't get one is definitely embarrassing.

mauricemaher wrote:

Totally agree.

Maurice

I’m going embarrassing at best.

Otherwise the new system by WTC is both intentionally and overtly sexist. Period.

Hopefully there is someone there who can review, reflect and adjust.

Maurice
Quote Reply