Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Regarding Daniela's position and her saddle
Quote | Reply
Obviously she is an incredible cyclist and to my amateur eye, has a great position. One thing that has always been interesting to me (in my never ending search for saddle comfort) is her saddle and position on the saddle. She seems to ride a more traditional road type saddle and sits all the way at the back of it. I've been finding pretty decent success with the Specialized Power Arc on my road bike and I find sometimes I like sitting all the way at the back because it brings my soft tissue up off the saddle, but with the rise at the back of the saddle I can't stay there all that long. I have used the original Specialized Power on my tri bike with some success but it isn't perfect. And looking at her position and saddle has me thinking it might be worth a try. It seems like it's a flatter saddle, making it more rideable at the back, a nice cutout and has some gel padding and as she has proven, can produce a great position.

Does anyone have experience with this saddle, the Selle Italia Turbomatic Gel Flow? Or a similar saddle (Selle Italia has other models that are similar) and can get into a good position, with good rotation?

Quote Reply
Re: Regarding Daniela's position and her saddle [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Regarding Daniela's position and her saddle [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
One thing to keep in mind is that Daniela also has a mid-foot cleat position. Like custom-shoe mid-foot, not mid-foot as in as far back as the cleat will go.

I remember seeing that with those ballet slipper type shoes she wore, but I thought since then it went back to more of a cleat as far back situation since she's mostly been riding Shimano.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t know her specific saddle model but I race a bit like her position. I don’t ride tri specific saddles since i just don’t like the most of them. I have found luck with the dash strike, but ended up now again on a short nose road saddle. The current one is the prologo dimension t4.0, but i have also ridden the power and the pro stealth on my tri bike. With a decent position i can say ;-) The pic is from last year with the spec power. Since then i tilted the bars a more up and changed my cleats to daniela’s position. Needed to drill some extra holes in my lake shoes, but it worked out fine. So far i like it, off course also dropped the bar and the saddle down to accomodate the cleat distance difference. But fot the saddles, just give it a try.

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Regarding Daniela's position and her saddle [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
I don’t know her specific saddle model but I race a bit like her position. I don’t ride tri specific saddles since i just don’t like the most of them. I have found luck with the dash strike, but ended up now again on a short nose road saddle. The current one is the prologo dimension t4.0, but i have also ridden the power and the pro stealth on my tri bike. With a decent position i can say ;-) The pic is from last year with the spec power. Since then i tilted the bars a more up and changed my cleats to daniela’s position. Needed to drill some extra holes in my lake shoes, but it worked out fine. So far i like it, off course also dropped the bar and the saddle down to accomodate the cleat distance difference. But fot the saddles, just give it a try.

I'm not seeing a picture. Can you repost?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Regarding Daniela's position and her saddle [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I wasn't following Daniela but maybe she did change again.

it is the Shimano shoe but obviously some modification there.

Nick takes great pictures...

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Daniella has what I call a "classic" TT position, and it obviously works for her. If she made the jump to the pro men's field, I'd advocate for her to change somethings up according to my fit philosophy, but until then she's doing fine.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Regarding Daniela's position and her saddle [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Daniella has what I call a "classic" TT position, and it obviously works for her. If she made the jump to the pro men's field, I'd advocate for her to change somethings up according to my fit philosophy, but until then she's doing fine.

When you say that, do you mean she's has posterior rotation? Why would your thoughts change if she were in the men's field? Does that mean you wouldn't advocate a posterior rotation for an AGer? I've really started to think that type of rotation works better for me personally, but still need to experiment more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:

I tried, but the pic size on my ipad is too big and i am on holiday. I have to see how i can reduce the size of the pic to be accepted on the forum. Will try later today.

Edit: i think this works

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: TRIPRO: Dec 6, 18 15:41
Quote Reply
Re: Regarding Daniela's position and her saddle [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are some big ass cranks... Considering she's got a 55 chainring there.

ericMPro wrote:

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Regarding Daniela's position and her saddle [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
teichs42 wrote:
TRIPRO wrote:

I tried, but the pic size on my ipad is too big and i am on holiday. I have to see how i can reduce the size of the pic to be accepted on the forum. Will try later today.

Edit: i think this works

Wow! That looks great. Is that a power or power arc? Any tips for set up? Nose down? You seem to be right on the back of the saddle, which is exactly what I was thinking I would like.
Quote Reply
Re: Regarding Daniela's position and her saddle [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trailerhouse wrote:
Those are some big ass cranks... Considering she's got a 55 chainring there.

ericMPro wrote:

I think they are 172.5. The green color on the inside of the arm next to the pedal threads translates to 172.5, I believe.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply