Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Caution about Performance Bike
Quote | Reply
FYI, Performance Bike has filed for bankruptcy, and is closing stores unannounced. Although the website states "At all other Performance Bicycle retail locations, and online at PerformanceBike.com, your purchase is protected for 365 days," and lists locations where returns cannot be made, I found out today--after driving half an hour--that there are unlisted stores that are not accepting returns.

You can still ship back online returns to the warehouse. However, you pay the return shipping--which can be cost prohibitive if you purchased a heavy or large item that requires freight or other additional charges.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Caution about Performance Bike [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can still do returns, but if you had purchased anything AFTER Nov 16th they will not be accepted being the liquidation company is now running the store sales.

As far as warranty goes you still have the manufacture warranty.

All 102 stores are now running the same "closing store" promotion FYI
Quote Reply
Re: Caution about Performance Bike [jaja518] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, the store was not accepting ANY returns, irrespective of when purchased.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should have asked for the store manager and if they denied it asked for the district manager. I am the store manager at one of the Performance stores, I have the document displayed in the store just like that store should have.

"the following changes in policy are effective IN THIS STORE...starting November 16..." all return policies prior to the liquidation are still in place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
Nope, the store was not accepting ANY returns, irrespective of when purchased.

the stores that are closing... dont officially belong to performance anymore.. bank rules
Quote Reply
Re: Caution about Performance Bike [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

• RETURNS – you may not do returns on product sold under the NEW ad set. HOWEVER, product bought BEFORE your store went into the new set should still be returned under the same guidelines

• Like new

• Original packaging, all parts

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered a bike for my son on November 12th at a great discount! It never shipped. I kept emailing them about it, and they would give me generic apology replies telling me they were looking into it.

Ultimately, after 3 weeks went by, I got pissed and sent a nasty email. They basically admitted that Diamondback wouldn't drop-ship the order because of the bankruptcy at Performance.

I canceled the order and asked Diamondback if they would match the price Performance had sold me the bike for, but no go on the request. Bummer.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unannounced?

I get at least 1 email a day saying they are closing stores.
Quote Reply
Re: Caution about Performance Bike [jaja518] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I spoke with the only person in the store. Then I remained in the store, and called customer service, as the item was ordered online. That person kept telling me the only way to return was to ship back--at my expense--to the warehouse. After much discussion, she agreed to provide a pre-paid return shipping label. We'll see if I get my refund....

Even now the PB website indicates that only certain stores will not accept returns. I plan on filing a complaint with the consumer division of my state AG office tomorrow.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to be a jerk, but what exactly do you think will come of your complaint to the State AG about a return issue for a business that is going out of business?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess I'm never getting my scattante trainer bike warrantied now!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Stan's Grail 12mm Thru Axle wheelset and they shipped me the 9mm QR version. Initiated an exchange today, I'm wondering if I should just hold on to them at the risk of losing both the wheels and the money.
Quote Reply
Re: Caution about Performance Bike [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you purchased the wheels using a credit card you are most likely protected by the credit card company and can file for a refund if Performance starts to play games. The credit card companies can be a real pain in terms of filing the correct paper work but they are required to refund the purchase if Performance can't deliver even as a result of bankruptcy.

Basically the credit card companies are a legal intermediate in the purchase process and it is their responsibility to make sure both the seller gets paid and the buyer receives their item. If one of these two things doesn't happen for whatever reason the credit card company has to sort it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Caution about Performance Bike [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. The procedure you need to initiate is called a chargeback. The reason code would be either goods/services not received, or refund not issued (depending on what your case is). Be sure to keep all documentation, especially in the event of a refund (shipping tracking numbers, etc.)

Note: This should be the avenue of last resort, and should be employed only if you've given them plenty of time to issue a refund (4-6 weeks is not uncommon), or if they cease communicating with you for 10+ business days. The credit card company will always side with the cardholder and refund you the money while they sort it out with the merchant. Just because you have the money in your bank account, doesn't mean you have won. If they find in favor of the merchant, they will debit the money from you and refund it to the merchant. An example could be, refund being requested outside of the merchant's refund policy time frame. This isn't a system that has much room for abuse, so talk it over with your bank/CC company.

Source: Ran the risk department for a credit card company in a former life.
Quote Reply
Re: Caution about Performance Bike [stax88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh. I returned a set of unused, unopened Conti GPIIs tires on 10/28/2018 after purchasing them just a few days earlier. Thought I needed new tires prior to IM Cozumel but decided against it thinking the money would be better used for tacos. Was told that since the refund was in excess of $100 that I would receive a check in the mail in 4-6 weeks. Still no check at the 5 week point and my taco fund in Cozumel was nada.
Quote Reply