Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Dec. 3 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 3 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted on Monday last week and then got sick on Tuesday with fever and cough so the rest of the week was a wash. I was feeling better on Friday but had a work course all weekend and that took it out of me again. Not setting any goals for this week. Hope the rest of the women are germ-free!

@edbikebabe & Dr_cupcake - I placed a skida order which looks like it should be here this week!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 3 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome - let me know how you like it! I did not buy anything - a little too much online shopping lately for me. That and Christmas/out of country holiday has me buckling down a bit on the spending.

Sorry you got hit by the plague. My whole house is sick right now (except the dog). The worst is the two year old - teething/cold/ear infection.

Maybe I'll get the XC skis out - even if it's just a quick trip around the school field with the dog.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 3 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry you were ill. Hope you have a better week this week.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my goals were 2 sports a day, a long run, and a speed workout. I hit 2 sports 6 of 7 days, just not up for a second workout yesterday. I'm fine with my week. I had a cold and didn't do the speed workout or long run.

M: 5.7 mi run + 10 mi bike
T: 5.1 mi run + 525 yd swim
W: 7 mi run + 1525 yd swim
T: 4.6 mi run + 1675 yd swim
F: 3.7 mi run + 425 yd swim
S: 7.2 mi run
S: 18.6 mi bike

totals 5575 yd swim, 28.6 mi bike, 33.3mi run

I've been very anxious the past few days as this is a busy time of the school year - made busier by an invite to give a talk this Friday in Oregon. I'm excited to go but have a lot to do! Goals for the week are swim MTW at least, bike once, get in whatever I can.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A blah week last week, dealing with some stuff re my Dad. But I'm liking Pilates a lot - it's making me very conscious of what muscles are working and body alignment.

Mon: Pilates 51 min
Tue: gym 1:23
Wed: off
Thur: Pilates 52 min
Fri: off
Sat: swim clinic with Olympian Sheila Taormina (2,200 SCM); 2:20); gym 1:00
Sun: Pilates 52 min; yoga 1:17

Swim: 2,200 SCM (2:20)
Weights/Yoga: 6:15
Time: 8:35 (not bad considering two days off)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy December Everyone!

Dr. T and IC, I hope you both can have some calm moments this week. Thinking of you!

Last week's goal was to make it through my last build week, with a fun wrench in the plans for travel this weekend. It took a 3am trainer rider to make it, but by the grace of every deity imaginable, it did.

This week's goals- LADIES WEEKEND HALF!
M- 2000yd swim, 7mi run, and strength- DONE. And if you ever get the chance to work out at the Foxboro YMCA, do it. It's a gorgeous facility with nice people and great amenities, built by the Kraft family (yes, THAT Kraft family).
Tu- 80min Zwift and 20min run brick
W- 2100yd swim, 50min run w/intervals, and core
Th- the interesting day, because there's apparently always one. 75min Zwift and 4mi run, but I have to get them both done before 7am. Because then I have an emergency appointment with my endocrinologist because things are going...awry...and THEN I have to go in the complete opposite direction to fly to South Carolina for a much-needed girls weekend.
F- rest day. What's a rest day? :p
Sa- Kiawah Island Half Marathon. I have no goal, other than to NOT ball out. That is actually a demand from my coach. Then, let the debauchery* commence!
Su- walking/yoga/rest day

*by debauchery, I mean drinking a mimosa, then taking a nap, then drinking bourbon and eating pizza, then going to bed :p

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 3 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope you get the endocrine stuff sorted out. Have a good weekend!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 3 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a great race and enjoy the debauchery afterwards!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik -- I hope things calm down at school.

I was on the road last week and my wallet is glad I missed last week's black Fridays deals :D

I'm on the road again this week and next week (ugh) but I'm managing my training for the most part.

I'm tapering now because I'm racing a 70.3 on Sunday. I feel pretty good about the race, all things considered. Race day is bizarrely 6 months to the day since my surgeries, seems crazy right?

edbikebabe, XC skiing is what I'm looking forward to most this winter, I'm homesick for snow already. Enjoy it.
IronCLM, sorry things are bleh -- wishing you a break soon.
Scheherazade, I hope you feel better.
Good luck Dr. Cupcake, have a great day.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 3 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time out... how did I miss that you had a swim clinic with Sheila Taorimina?

Dr_Cupcake, I hope you got the endocrine issues sorted out.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply