Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle frustration, Selle T3?
Quote | Reply
Just seem to not be able to get comfortable on my Tri Bike. Yes I've been fit but the lack of comfort is all coming from the saddle. I am currently trying out an ISM saddle which I feel is still to wide. I am about to give up on these wide nose saddles no matter how many people say how great they are for triathletes. On all these wide nose saddles i am getting rubbed right where my leg and perineum meet i guess you would call it. I searched the forums and many people say the Selle SMP T3 is awesome but before i go buy one i am trying to see how wide it is in the nose. The ISM is measuring around 2.5 inches where as my road bike saddle is around 1(Yes, different setup i am aware) Just trying to get that same good feel on my tri bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle frustration, Selle T3? [Sharkbait22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's hard.
If your a little narrow have you tried a Fizik Tritone?

I went through 7 saddle and I'm finally not going numb.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle frustration, Selle T3? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was riding the Mistica, it actually seems the Mistica is a tad narrower than the ISM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe a Cobb?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can adjust the width of ISM saddles using zip ties. Adjust accordingly until comfy. I bring my rails in a few mm.

Sharkbait22 wrote:
Just seem to not be able to get comfortable on my Tri Bike. Yes I've been fit but the lack of comfort is all coming from the saddle. I am currently trying out an ISM saddle which I feel is still to wide. I am about to give up on these wide nose saddles no matter how many people say how great they are for triathletes. On all these wide nose saddles i am getting rubbed right where my leg and perineum meet i guess you would call it. I searched the forums and many people say the Selle SMP T3 is awesome but before i go buy one i am trying to see how wide it is in the nose. The ISM is measuring around 2.5 inches where as my road bike saddle is around 1(Yes, different setup i am aware) Just trying to get that same good feel on my tri bike.
Last edited by: EnderWiggan: Nov 27, 18 17:10
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle frustration, Selle T3? [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ISM also makes PN 1.1 (performance narrow)

I love the ISM saddles. They fit me well Though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Selle SMP T3 and I measure 50mm wide (the widest part at the bottom...it is narrower at the top) at 2cm from the nose.

I also have the Selle SMP Stratos. Very similar measurements. The T3 is flatter front to back and has slightly more padding, but both are similarly narrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve tried the t series saddles but found the rails to be a little short.
Sport fit lab has a great saddle demo program. You can rent three at a time for a couple weeks each then try three different ones if you want. Highly recommend them.

http://www.sportfit-lab.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar problem. Tried 6 saddles or so, was a real learning experience. Try a cobb randee; I tried it at cobb's suggestion, and can now ride pain-free, in aero, for as long as I want to go. surprised me. of course, demo before buying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have also had long running saddle issues and tried the T3. I ride the Evolution on my road bike and like it. Had it on my TT bike for awhile but it's not a great setup for me as the long nose impacts standover when combined with my Dark Speed Works top tube bento, and I couldn't attach my rear bottle cage mount to it. Anyway I thought the T3 could be a logical replacement, however I found the padding bulked up the saddle too much.

SMP also makes a track racing version of the short T-type saddle (chrono?) which I thought could be even less padded, but sportfitlabs didn't have one available to try. I do recommend contacting sportfitlab - lots of saddles available to test.

Ultimately I stuck with specialized, moving from the power saddle to the arc, and I'm looking to try the women's version later this year - it reportedly has a density change throughout the padding that I'm hoping reduces pubic bone pressure. As far as width goes it is certainly not too wide in the front where my body contacts it.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle frustration, Selle T3? [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot with the sportfitlab recommendation. This is the perfect way to be able to test many saddles and find a perfect one!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a white t3 for sale if you are interested. Hardly used looks brand new.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle frustration, Selle T3? [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s.gentz wrote:
Sport fit lab has a great saddle demo program. You can rent three at a time for a couple weeks each then try three different ones if you want. Highly recommend them.

Thank you so much for that recommendation!
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle frustration, Selle T3? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
s.gentz wrote:

Thank you so much for that recommendation!

No problem. Doug is great to deal with and has pretty much everything out there.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle frustration, Selle T3? [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great tip - took the saddle off, moved the rails 4 mm in with a zip at the front - great improvement.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, had the same problem as you. Went with the Dash Stage in (Narrow model) after reading a few forum posts and this article :
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...My_Saddle._6364.html

Never had the problem again, never looked back :-)
Last edited by: karmakomae: Nov 28, 18 9:45
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle frustration, Selle T3? [Ghostrider77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ghostrider77 wrote:
I have a white t3 for sale if you are interested. Hardly used looks brand new.
In Reply To:

Still have it for sale?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle frustration, Selle T3? [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes!
Quote Reply