Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov. 26 (cyber monday) edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 26 (cyber monday) edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a hard week thinking about my Dad a lot.

Mon. 11/19 – Swim 2,200 SCY
Tue. 11/20 – Weights + Pilates
Wed. 11/21 – Swim 1,750 SCY
Thur. 11/22 – Walk 1.6 miles outdoors. It was nice to get outside in the sunshine. Thanksgiving dinner at my friends' house.
Fri. 11/23 – Pilates (pool was closed)
Sat. 11/24 – Weights
Sun. 11/25 – Yoga
Total time – 7:45 happy with that

Our weather went from 60F to 35F overnight. Dislike!!

I'm getting my 2019 race list put together. Need to get some goals in order!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 26 (cyber monday) edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I flew to Salt Lake City yesterday afternoon to spend the week with my brother. Not sure what we have planned so no real goals except swim once, which I did yesterday.

Had an amazing time hanging out with my brother in SLC.
M: 5.4 mi run + 400 yd swim
T: 3.2 mi run
W: 6.4 mi run + indoor rock climbing
T: 5.5 mi run
F: 7.1 mi run + hiked a couple miles
S: 8.2 mi run + indoor rock climbing
S: 6.7 mi run

goals for this week are 2 sports a day, a long run, and a speed workout with intervals that are a mile or shorter.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm - hopefully this week is easier on you; sorry for your loss.
Dr TC - I'm glad you had a good time with your brother.

My goals were: 4 x swim, 4 x bike, 3 x run and 2 x strength. All done except my last swim got cut short because my cap tore but I wasn't feeling it anyway and stayed away from the pool over the weekend. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise: this morning I was pumped to get back into the pool and was relatively speedy (for me). I also handed in my last assignment for this semester of classes - there was cake to celebrate :-)

Plan for this week: 3 x swim, 4 x bike, 3 x run, 2 x strength. I'm in a course all weekend so it might not all happen and I'm okay with that.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 26 (cyber monday) edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I also handed in my last assignment for this semester of classes - there was cake to celebrate :-)

hooray! Congrats :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Last Week of November ladies! And for many who don't live in California or Florida, happy firmly indoors for the offseason week lol.

Ironclm, sending you much love. Speaking as a member of the "it really effing sucks losing a parent" club, holidays are rough with the marked absence of a loved one. I hope you can find some time to reflect, grieve and take care of yourself. Lean on us if you need to.

Last week's goal was to survive. 4 days of 15 people in our house with two formal meals completely prepped from scratch. Oh, and a crazy week of holy shitsnacks training volume. I'm happy to report that I remained upright for the entirety of the week, didn't kill anyone (MIL came close though...) and managed to make it through all of my workouts.

This week's goal: Last build week before a HM next weekend!
M- rest! Thank fuck!
Tu- 2000yd swim, 7mi run, and strength (done, and I'm almost thawed out from that run. Scheherezade, I thought of you this morning with my frozen hair atop my very cold head after forgetting my fleece beanie).
W- 80min Zwift and 20min run brick
Th- 2100yd swim, 50min run w/intervals, and core
F- 75min Zwift and 4mi run
Sa (why is there always an "interesting" part of my week...)- 55mi ride. On the trainer. At 3am. Because I'm flying to New England and have to leave the house by 7am. Oh and find some time for core work/strength
Su- 12mi run and either core/strength, whichever one I didn't do Saturday.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 26 (cyber monday) edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Last week's goal was to survive. 4 days of 15 people in our house with two formal meals completely prepped from scratch. Oh, and a crazy week of holy shitsnacks training volume. I'm happy to report that I remained upright for the entirety of the week, didn't kill anyone (MIL came close though...) and managed to make it through all of my workouts.

nice work. you did have a big week!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 26 (cyber monday) edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello, womens! I've taken a few weeks off posting here but am still checking in to see what you are up to. Nothing exciting here; some running, some biking, some lifting weights, some PT, a little yoga, occasionally a swim.

Thinking of you, Ironclm. Keep us updated on your race goals and calendar.

Dr. Tigerchik, glad you had fun with your brother! I imagine there's great hiking out that way.

Congrats on finishing your class, Scheherazade!

Anna, that winter run series sounds fun! Hopefully it will keep you motivated to get out there in the cold.

Dr. Cupcake, I probably enjoyed one of my last comfortable outdoor runs on Sunday. Between the ice, snow, and dark, I make peace with the treadmill for most of the winter.
Also, I had to chuckle at your MIL comment. my in-laws were out of state for Thanksgiving and I have to say the holiday was much more ... peaceful ... with them gone.

Happy training to all!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3am trainer ride - that is dedication! I hope it goes well. And I totally understand the M-i-L comment. We live several thousand miles away so don't see them that often but there is the occasional skype conversation where suddenly there is something urgent to do in another room.

I thought of you when I found this website: https://skida.com/collections/ladies-hats I pretty much want all of them.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 26 (cyber monday) edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you! I want all of those...I may have accidentally forwarded that website to Santa...

My MIL is...special, in only a MIL kind of way. Most of her near-demise was caused by my husband, who brought them to our house half an hour early, so I was red-faced and exhausted and unshowered from my run brick on Wednesday when I was assaulted with the questions at the front door. "Hi, how are you feeling? How are your meds? Have you talked to your doctor about vaginal estrogen yet? (ALWAYS WITH THE HOOHA PILLS) Why is your food processor dusty? How come you need the kitchen later?" I could only handle about 45 minutes of that before I got in the car and wandered Target for an hour.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WHHHYYYYY - did you post that link??? I love tuques, but really don't need any more. They are all so cute and bright.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 26 (cyber monday) edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sale runs until tonight...
Quote Reply