Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Road Bike Options for 5ft 0in
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I've been looking for a carbon road bike for awhile now and having trouble finding one that will fit me. I've already had a few professional fits (one lost my measurements), but still not confident in options. I'm currently riding a women's Trek Madone 4.5 series 50cm, which is way to big. I am 5ft 0in exactly, weight 92lbs, with around a 27 inch inseam. Is there any women who know of bikes or manufactures that make small carbon bikes that would fit me?

From researching, it seems that all cannondale, trek, specialized, giant/liv bikes are too large. I've been looking into the Pinarello F10 42.5cm (very pricey), Felt women FRW2 43cm, Aragon18 which I'm not familiar with, and Canyon Women Ultimate 3XS (has 650 wheels). With these, I will still need a zero offset seat post and other adjustments.

Please provide any advice at all! Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Road Bike Options for 5ft 0in [Cohenandi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am same height, same inseam, and cannot ride any of those bikes except probably Canyon xxxs ... stack over 490 is too tall for me, so no 700 wheels. I ordered a custom. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I see in the other thread you are in Santa Monica and so near me. Go see/contact Ian Murray (pm ianpeace here on ST), and say I sent you. You will find the right bike and get the right numbers. PM if you need more info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey

I am almost the same size as you so I know the struggle...
I bought one of the new old stock Cervelo RS frames from when they still made bikes with 650c wheels - they still have some in stock:

https://www.incycle.com/...-rs-frameset-xs.html

Not sure if it will be a perfect fit for you but may be the best option without going custom
Quote Reply
Re: Road Bike Options for 5ft 0in [bigjo_NZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How has this bike worked out for you? It doesn't come with a seat post. What seat post are you using? Also, how is the standover height? Thanks.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Road Bike Options for 5ft 0in [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly my beautiful RS is still waiting to be built up, I obviously haven't nagged enough. We havent even bought the parts for it yet so not sure about the seatpost yet sorry. I believe that the stand over height is 732mm which is a bit higher than my current road bike so not quite sure how that is going to go since I don't really have clearance as it is
Quote Reply
Re: Road Bike Options for 5ft 0in [bigjo_NZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's the 173 headtube that creates that high standover height. It's two centimeters higher than my highest bike, so a concern for me as well.

Was able to confirm that the seat tube diameter is a standard 27.2, so posts can be had.

Last edited by: Tri3: Nov 7, 18 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: Road Bike Options for 5ft 0in [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
27.2mm is the standard seatpost size.
Quote Reply
Re: Road Bike Options for 5ft 0in [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fixed the typo. thanks.

And if anyone else is thinking about this bike, here's more info:
Cervélo RS Frameset 2011 Specifications:
· Headset Size/Type: 1 1/8" Integrated IS41 - Cane Creek Type
· Seatpost Size: 27.2mm
· Seat Clamp Size: 30.0mm - included
· Front Derailleur Mount: Braze-On
· BB Shell Width: 68mm
· Fork Steerer Length: 300mm
· Fork Axle to Crown: 370mm
· Fork Rake: 45mm
· Frame Weight: 1.14Kg
· Fork Weight: 390g

Last edited by: Tri3: Nov 7, 18 9:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have a read of this thread:

https://forums.cervelo.com/...ms/p/5056/35436.aspx (gerard in that thread is Gerard Vrooman)

You might have to shop second hand to find an S2 with the old geometry. A Soloist or SLC-SL would work too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If anyone is still looking, I am willing to part with this one. I'm 5'0 with 26" inseam. Barely ridden and well cared for, as I used tri-bike 95% of time. Frame is like new. Has SRAM Red 165mm cranks, rather than stock Oval. PM for details/pics. Ive been wholly focused on MTB, so this bike is going to waste.

https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/searchlistingdetail.aspx?id=3042760
Last edited by: txgirl: Feb 21, 19 5:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
two options, Scott makes small carbon road bikes ( i have one -inseam 28") I got it because it is the only one I could find to fit me and ventum TT bikes though they are just coming out with a new road bike
Quote Reply
Re: Road Bike Options for 5ft 0in [txgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 99.9% sure that those cranks are not 155mm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You do realize that is a stock photo from Bicycle Blue book and not my actual bike, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Has SRAM Red 155mm cranks"

Did you write that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No. ;) Good catch, mixed up with the ROTORS on tri bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disc brake rotors would be 140mm or 160mm.
Quote Reply