Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov. 19 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?
US womens, what are you doing for Thanksgiving?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Re: How was your week? Nov. 19 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bleh week. I hate the time change and then it got super cold here (like high 20s/low 30s) and I really really hate cold weather. Plus it's been hard coming up on Thanksgiving thinking about my Dad. So, I just could not make myself get out the door to the pool in that weather or do much else for a couple days. Thankfully it warmed up to the 50s by the end of the week.

I did try a Pilates class. Man, is that hard! There is a new studio in between work and home so I'm going to try it for 3 months. I need the core strength and they have a good schedule.

Mon. off
Tue. off
Wed. Gym at home
Thur. Pilates
Fri. off (went to the pool but forgot my swim bag)
Sat. 1.0 mile treadmill + gym
Sun. Yoga + massage

On Thanksgiving there is a 100x25 workout at 6AM at the pool so I will try to go to that. But there is a hockey game the night before so we'll see how late we stay out. No work on Friday and no pool and no gym so I'm going to go to Pilates.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Last edited by: ironclm: Nov 20, 18 4:01
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 19 Edition [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Hello TC, I thought I might start posting regularly again if that's ok? :-)

I've seen some of your training log entries when I enter mine; happy to hear from you more than that!

Climbing is fun, and it's so awesome that it cured back pain for you. Yay for sports :-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my goals last week were 6 swims (did 5), day off from running (done), 2-3 bikes (did 1). Swims were short but consistency is important to me and even short swims feel good.

M: 8.7 mi run
T: 3.6 mi run + 525 yd swim
W: 8.3 mi run + 225 yd swim
T: 6.6 mi run + 450 yd swim
F: 5 mi run + 725 yd swim
S: 14 mi bike
S: 4.1 mi run + 775 yd swim

totals 2700 yd swim, 14 mi bike, 36.3 mi run

got to babysit a 4 month old on Sunday, which was a blast. I read kids books to her for an hour :-)

I flew to Salt Lake City yesterday afternoon to spend the week with my brother. Not sure what we have planned so no real goals except swim once, which I did yesterday.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome back Anna!
Happy Thanksgiving to all the USA women.

My goals last week were: 3 x swim, 4 x bike, 3 x run and 2 x strength. I got it all done including my hill repeats outside and a long run on an indoor track. I also had a good visit with my sister where we got through the last season of House of Cards (although she was sick most of the week, poor girl), bought a new dress on sale and then 40% off, and went out for drinks and dinner with some friends and stayed up waaaaay too late.

This week: 4 x swim (2 done), 4 x bike (1 done), 3 x run (1 done) and 2 x strength (1 done). Also: get my last assignment of the semester written!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Thanksgiving week everyone! I hope you all have the holiday that you desire. I am thankful for many things this year, including this excellent community.

Quote:
This week's goals: Rest and Test

Well, it almost all went according to plan. Saw some gains on the bike, stayed about the same for the swim, and bombed my run test due to some serious cramping. Bleh. I think knowing "I can do better" doesn't end with a question mark but an exclamation point is a step in the right direction. At the very least it's giving me motivation to make it through this yucky weather. Well that and MY NEW BIKE ARRIVED! She's being finished at the shop and I should have her next week. Squee!

This week's goal: Survive.

Monday- 75min Zwift, 7mi run. Clean the house top to bottom.
Tuesday- 2000yd swim, strength. Clean more of the house. Start making things for Thursday
Wednesday- Hoo boy, I'm in trouble. 2100yd swim, 80min Zwift, 20min run, strength, and ALL THE FAMILY IS HERE.
Thursday- 4mi run (Turkey trot). Make Thanksgiving happen for 15 people.
Friday- REST DAY. OH GOD YES.
Saturday- 60mi ride with 30min run brick
Sunday- 12 mi run and strength

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik.

I'm doing fine -- had a big week last week of travel (more work than fun but I did Sherpa at IMAZ) and training. I have another big travel this week (more fun than work because I'm headed home for Thanksgiving) and a peak week of training before starting my taper. I'm planning to do a turkey trot while home and then have a really enjoyable free days with my family. It's single digits (F) cold and the closest pool is an hour away but I'll try to make it all work

Hooray and welcome back Anna!
Happy training to all and Happy Thanksgiving to all the USA women.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anna s wrote:

Scheherazade - I've seen your log entries recently too and I'm so impressed you've got back into regular triathlon training again and with a decent amount of volume. Are you training for anything specific?

I didn't realise anyone was looking at that! Not really, just having a really long base phase. Thinking I'll do an oly and a 70.3 next summer and then have a cycling trip through the Pyrenees planned in September so wanted to be stronger and lighter for that.
Last edited by: Scheherazade: Nov 24, 18 17:04
Quote Reply