Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My rollers bike has an FSA GXP sort of thing - has my Stages PM on it. Should that just tap in if I pull out the existing 105 crankset?

Stupid question, I know, but I’ve given up pretending I know anything about bikes. The only smart thing I did was getting a fit before and find bikes that worked. Then got a hell of a deal on an SC.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GXP and Shimano HT2 aren’t compatible unfortunately. You need a new bearing set installed. As you’re not that experienced, get the shop to do it. BB90 is... particular.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davidwilcock wrote:
Does anyone run their sc with a front trispoke?

My new sc is on order and I was wondering what the front fork on this bike did to a trispoke. Good or bad

It’s very fast with a tri spoke :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve heard that!

Frustrating, but worth nit damaging exxy stuff.

Now, which tri spoke, or all?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went back 21 pages but couldn't find anything. I am looking to pickup a 2016 7.5 tomorrow but just found a little older 9 series frame for about the same price. I see the difference is frame stiffness, 600 carbon vs 500 series, so which should I get? Is this something I shouldn't be concerned with?

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Other differences between the 7 and 9 frames. 7 frame has...
- aluminum drop outs
- metal front dérailleur bracket, riveted to frame
- bosses are alu inserts, sticking out a bit.
- probably comes w the metal seat post?

So a bit of extra weight on the 7.5, but probably minimal. Cockpit is all the same.

I am sure I am missing some things, but that is what I noticed when I recently acquired a 2016 7.0 as project bike and compared with my 2014 9-series.

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
all the SC in the last year are all the 500 carbon. They don't make a "7" or "9" series anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [b.will] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered my 7.5 in the fall of 2013 and if my memory is correct the 9 series frame was several ounces lighter and produced in the US. Pretty big difference on a light weight road bike, no so much on a tri bike. If the price is close and the condition is the same then the choice is obvious.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
easy..... the 9 series. They are getting harder and harder to find.

Trek .... if you are reading this.... bring back the 9 series!!!! The madone still has a 9 series..... makes zero sense.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. 700 series carbon and American manufacturing are great to have as options.

Are the pros riding the 500 series bikes or do they still get 9 series bikes custom made? I wonder whether there is something new in the pipeline after all the culling. When I asked a trek dealer at an expo about 700 series and made-in-usa, it sounded like maybe something is coming. Unless I misinterpreted his answer, which I don't remember verbatim
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe top pros like TO, Tim Reed, and Linsey Corbin are on 9 series bikes still. Check out this video of TO at 4:10. You can see “600” on the seattube where the level of carbon is usually shown.

However, when Helle Fredrickson announced her partnership with trek earlier this year, the pictures show a 500 level carbon.

I have heard something similar from my trek dealer. They were recently in Madison for training and trek hinted that something was coming though no specifics. My guess is that we won’t see something until at least the TDF or possibly not even until kona week 2019.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also noticed on the Trek site that Tim Reeds bike, in the video, is 600 as well. I posted the YouTube link here.

https://www.youtube.com/...=8&v=wlvLBDAlXmI

Is there any particular year to stay away from or would any Gen 2, 9 series frame be as good as any other?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No there is no year to stay away from. They are all the same from what I can tell.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With Steve on this one, series 9 all the way. I just bought 2 treks one is a 2 year old series 9, I only plan to race on it to keep it in best condition possible. Still trying to find one more series 9.

I would stick with the 9 series till trek does a significant change to the current frame that is significantly faster. I can see them going disk breaks in 2019 but until we see those breaks covered and some solid data that they have made a faster frame I will stick with these “old” 9 series bikes.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Last edited by: Toothengineer: Nov 19, 18 5:42
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Sorry to ask another question. My fit coordinates put me on a small frame with a Hi Far stem with 25+5 or a medium frame with a Med Far w/35+5. I am 70" tall and never thought I could/would fit a small frame bike. Being experienced with this bike do you think it's possible? The medium I was going to get is gone but I have a really sweet deal on a small that I want to snatch up. Or should I pass and wait for a medium? TIA

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would wait on the medium.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The speed concept is most aero dynamic if you can minimize the spacers and have you body as close to the frame as possible. Wait for the med.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok guys large or XL?
Stack 645
Reach-580

Other info
5"11
155 cranks
Ism PN 3.0 saddle
7cm behind bb
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based off the chart I am using, 2014 Speed Concept Fit Guide, you could do a Large with a medium-far stem with 15+5 monospacers or an XL with a Low-Far stem with 35+5 monospacers. It looks like you would be maxing out reach, 584 is maxed, on a large. I am far from an expert though. Hopefully somebody in the know will reply and confirm my post.

Here is the fit guide link I am using.

https://docplayer.net/...ncept-fit-guide.html

Last edited by: timr: Nov 20, 18 9:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have the differences in dimensions for the stems for the speed concept? I am looking to do a few modifications but I cannot find any good data showing the dimensional height difference between low-far and med-far?

Also, anyone know what the official height of the stock 2018 speed concept mono spacer for a medium frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Tri_Barf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan has a article called find ur speed concept I think, or your super bike.It has a good chart.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a picture or video of your fit? 7 cm setback and your stack seem really high.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me see if I can link a video or picture Im usually having problems with that.
My stack I think is so high because I'm on such a short crank and I have to try and keep my hip angle open.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Tri_Barf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Barf wrote:
Does anyone have the differences in dimensions for the stems for the speed concept? I am looking to do a few modifications but I cannot find any good data showing the dimensional height difference between low-far and med-far?

Also, anyone know what the official height of the stock 2018 speed concept mono spacer for a medium frame?

The medium far adds 35 mm more stack.

All mono spacers should come with a stock bike.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next