Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Palm Springs Run Track
Quote | Reply
Are there any tracks at local high schools or colleges that are available for public use?

En route to Palm Desert and the last time I was down I wasn't able to get on to the track at the local high school.

Suggestions for Plam Desert or even Palm Springs would be appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Palm Springs Run Track [dale3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some other folks here might be more knowledgeable, but I do have a good deal of experience down there.

The College of the Desert is the local community college, and they do not have a track. So that's a no go. And the local high schools lock theirs up and do not allow the public on their campuses. You might be able to jump the fence at one of the high schools and get away with some mile repeats before the campus security or cops show up, but I wouldn't advise that route.

What I've done is to run a square of neighborhood streets that I've measured off on Strava or Mapmyrun or whatever. It's not exact, but there are a number of neighborhoods streets where you can get a mile or two in without having to stop for traffic. I used to run 3 x 2 miles starting at the corner of Fred Waring and Deep Canyon and then left at Magnesia Falls and then left at Portola and then left at Fred Waring. That'd be about 2 miles and would do the trick.

I'm sure you could make a rough course in a number of neighborhoods. Just watch out for the fuking golf carts.
Quote Reply
Re: Palm Springs Run Track [Desert Tortoise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I appreciate the reply.

That's pretty much bang on where the inlaws have a place so will check out that route for a couple tempo intervals later this week.

We ran by the PD track today and it was locked and bolted pretty good as it was last time, so evenwith the kids off school this week, I think it may be best to still avoid the fence jumping!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Palm Springs High School has an open track. ... of course, not when they have an event going on. It's a pretty nice track and lots of people use it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You knowing who runs on the track in Palm Springs?

Lionel Sanders.

This is now a Lionel Sanders thread. You're welcome.

dale3 wrote:
Are there any tracks at local high schools or colleges that are available for public use?

En route to Palm Desert and the last time I was down I wasn't able to get on to the track at the local high school.

Suggestions for Plam Desert or even Palm Springs would be appreciated!

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Palm Springs Run Track [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And he sets his trainer up in lane 1 lolololol
Quote Reply
Re: Palm Springs Run Track [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:

good idea, setting up on the track.

<goes home to get trainer and go to the track, set up in Lane1>

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Palm Springs Run Track [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:

Seriously, I just finished this video, came here and saw this comment. LOL!!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/becgWnb4XaE
Last edited by: s13tx: Nov 20, 18 13:45
Quote Reply
Re: Palm Springs Run Track [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Walked by the track on the way to the pool and saw this crazy guy on a trainer, pedaling like crazy. ...LOL - guess it was Lionel.
Quote Reply