Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Mom pumps while racing [Running mom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Outside assistance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife has helped a few women at either IMLP or IMFL in T2 pump. This is obviously taking it to a new level (and huge props to her for being able to do so).

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really takes you to step back and consider all the extra trouble women go through to train regularly. Pretty much every guy I know moans and makes excuses. Can only imagine the state many would be in if they had periods, or had to carry a baby inside them for 9 months while trying to stay fit!

I saw Lizzie Deignan's (Armistead) pic on Instagram the other day. She's looking in excellent shape after just having her firstborn.

/hat tip to the women
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I breastfed both of my kids and I am all about keeping fit. But this is just taking it a bit too far. Goodness gracious.
Quote Reply
Re: Mom pumps while racing [uptown423] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uptown423 wrote:
I breastfed both of my kids and I am all about keeping fit. But this is just taking it a bit too far. Goodness gracious.

Totally agree, this is beyond ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gross

Lavender room is calling.
Quote Reply
Re: Mom pumps while racing [PixelPaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PixelPaul wrote:
uptown423 wrote:

Why?

From the article it sounds like she was planning to pump in T2, but realized she was on pace for a PR. So, she made it work while running.

My wife, who had 5 children says, when it's time to pump... It's time to pump. You can't really wait.

Doesn't bother me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They say you've got to be pretty OCD to be an endurance athlete. This woman is an endurance athlete, indeed!
Quote Reply
Re: Mom pumps while racing [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Gross

In a sport where people run across the finish line with $hit running down their leg, and where athletes regularly pee all over themselves.... *this* is gross? Lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Mom pumps while racing [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
PixelPaul wrote:
uptown423 wrote:

Why?

From the article it sounds like she was planning to pump in T2, but realized she was on pace for a PR. So, she made it work while running.

My wife, who had 5 children says, when it's time to pump... It's time to pump. You can't really wait.

Doesn't bother me.

Agree. More power to the ladies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running mom wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Gross

In a sport where people run across the finish line with $hit running down their leg, and where athletes regularly pee all over themselves.... *this* is gross? Lol.

Indeed. Props to this mom!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running mom wrote:

100% this. People will discuss saddle sores at length but shudder when the p-word is uttered.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Mom pumps while racing [uptown423] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She needs professional help. You mean to tell me this can’t wait. If so, then why the eff is she racing to begin with? At best she’s a really strange woman that should have finished her race without making a ridiculous scene, or not raced at all. Smdh...

uptown423 wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running mom wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Gross

This!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Mom pumps while racing [mwanner13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It doesn't seem like she was making a scene, just running her race. Will people notice somethings different, yea. But it doesn't seem like she went around telling every persom she passed.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Mom pumps while racing [Etip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, way to go mom!

Fishbum let me guess you don’t have kids?

Etip wrote:
Running mom wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Gross

This!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
She needs professional help. You mean to tell me this can’t wait. If so, then why the eff is she racing to begin with? At best she’s a really strange woman that should have finished her race without making a ridiculous scene, or not raced at all. Smdh...

Grow up, troll.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mwanner13 wrote:
She needs professional help. You mean to tell me this can’t wait. If so, then why the eff is she racing to begin with? At best she’s a really strange woman that should have finished her race without making a ridiculous scene, or not raced at all. Smdh…

And what was she doing out of the kitchen anyway, amirite?

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Mom pumps while racing [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Agreed, way to go mom!

Fishbum let me guess you don’t have kids?

Etip wrote:
Running mom wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
Gross

This!!!

Nope.no way.
Quote Reply
Re: Mom pumps while racing [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
mwanner13 wrote:
She needs professional help. You mean to tell me this can’t wait. If so, then why the eff is she racing to begin with? At best she’s a really strange woman that should have finished her race without making a ridiculous scene, or not raced at all. Smdh…

And what was she doing out of the kitchen anyway, amirite?

Hahahahahahahahha. I'm really curious why she wasn't making sandwiches for all the REAL
athletes.
Last edited by: Etip: Nov 10, 18 10:49
Quote Reply
Re: Mom pumps while racing [Etip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
things a transgender (man wanting to be woman) cannot do...
Quote Reply
Re: Mom pumps while racing [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And what if she didn't pump?

I feel like she used the pumping excuse to make a statement - which was a very inspiring one for women, but I think this was unnecessary. her kids wouldn't starve to death if they didn't get their fresh milk that afternoon. the bigger statement would be if she just whipped it out without covering.
Quote Reply
Re: Mom pumps while racing [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Imagine a balloon slowly filling throughout the race, eventually it hurts like hell so pumping is necessary.

casper3043 wrote:
And what if she didn't pump?

I feel like she used the pumping excuse to make a statement - which was a very inspiring one for women, but I think this was unnecessary. her kids wouldn't starve to death if they didn't get their fresh milk that afternoon. the bigger statement would be if she just whipped it out without covering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running mom wrote:
https://www.foxnews.com/health/airman-mom-of-2-pumps-breast-milk-while-completing-ironman-70-3

Wow. That is pretty amazing

The human race would likely be exinct if way back in the day, mom's were unable to feed babies on the fly. This is cool and maybe as humans it takes us back to our roots of what the gift of life is all about a mom doing what she has and needs to do for her child....and I am biased given my time in the Air Force...GO AIR FORCE!
Quote Reply

Prev Next