Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov. 5 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 5 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there Dr TC, did you land up going as RBG?

My goals for last week were: 4 x swim, 3 x bike, 3 x run, 2 x strength. I got it all done including one glorious hour-ish long run which might be my last outdoor one for a while (windchill currently -17C/1F). Goals for this week are the same (so far one swim done), but it's a recovery week so expecting fewer hours on the clock.

I'm very excited because my sister gets here on Friday for a week. I haven't seen her since February and I'm looking forward to spending some time with her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy November, everyone! Hope everyone had a fun Halloween.

Quote:
This week's goal: do more of the same

And I did. And it was relatively uneventful. Except for two things:

1. I bought a new bike. Not just any bike, THE. BIKE. OF. MY. DREAMS. I will post pics when she arrives :)
2. I got accepted to Team Zoot! I'm pretty stoked about that!

This week's goal: Finish out the first base block of IMTX training.

M- rest day (done!)
Tu- 78min trainer ride and 20min run brick
W- 2100yd swim and strength
Th- 30min trainer ramp up to 6mi run, also a fun night out in the District at our favorite annual charity fundraiser
F- 2400yd swim and strength
Sa- 55-60mi ride (may switch this with Sunday depending on who I can sucker into going with me)
Su- 10mi run and strength

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 5 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:

1. I bought a new bike. Not just any bike, THE. BIKE. OF. MY. DREAMS. I will post pics when she arrives :)

Woohoo!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 5 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:

Nov 5, 18 12:49
Views: 49
Hey there Dr TC, did you land up going as RBG?

I didn't have time to finish the costume, so I wore my "college" sweatshirt and went as John Blutarsky. Animal House is becoming a generational thing, I think - my students sort of looked at me like 'why are you teaching in a sweatshirt'?

I had a student last year ask me if she were on academic probation. She was a very clueless freshman. I wanted so badly to say "yeah, you're on double secret probation" but she would have thought that were a real thing and it would have just caused trouble.

Anyway my goals last week were 5 swims (done), 2 rides (did one), 1 long run (done), 1 speed workout with intervals under a mile (I did one rep of .75 mi).

I jumped into a local 5k on Sunday and ran 23:08, which I was happy with.

Totals 4000 yd swim (6x), 9.3 mi bike (1x), 43.2 mi run (7x)

goals this week swim 5x (2 done), ride 2-3x (1 done), day off from running (done!)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 5 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I got it all done including one glorious hour-ish long run which might be my last outdoor one for a while (windchill currently -17C/1F).

Holy moly, where do you live?!
Enjoy the sibling time!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 5 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats on the new bike and team zoot acceptance!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

I am cackling over double secret probation. Since when did we become The Olds?!? And why are these kids still on our lawn?

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
I'm very excited because my sister gets here on Friday for a week. I haven't seen her since February and I'm looking forward to spending some time with her.
Yay goals and spending time with family! Boo ridiculous wind chills. Holy cow!
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
2. I got accepted to Team Zoot! I'm pretty stoked about that!
Both of these are amazing, congrats! Can't wait for new bike pics.
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
I didn't have time to finish the costume, so I wore my "college" sweatshirt and went as John Blutarsky. Animal House is becoming a generational thing, I think - my students sort of looked at me like 'why are you teaching in a sweatshirt'?
This made me laugh. I actually had to show my husband -- who is older than me! -- The Blues Brothers a few weeks ago because he'd never seen it! On the other side of the coin, I was Elastigirl, my husband was Syndrome, and our friends' kiddo was Dash for Halloween, and I had no idea who any of those characters were before last week.

Last week was pretty good. I feel like I'm settling into more of a routine with 2-3 bikes, 2-3 runs, 1-2 weights workouts, 2-3 PT sessions, and 1 yoga per week, with the occasional swim thrown in. I have been fighting a weird sinus thing for the last few weeks -- not sure if it's a minor infection, allergies, cold, something else, but I needed a rest day last week and felt amazingly better after a full night's sleep. I really do need a good routine going though, before the holidays and all the relating eating come around.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A great week for me as I spent the weekend in AUSTIN, TX! And got to see my trainer, whom I hadn't seen in person for 11 long months. That made me so happy.

Mon. Bike - Zwift
Tue. Gym/strength workout
Wed. Swim 1,600 SCY
Thur. Treadmill and gym/strength
Fri. Swim 1,600 SCY
Sat. Fly to Austin!! Walk/jog 3.3 miles on the river trail outdoors where I saw more active people in the 4 days I was in Austin than I've seen in 4 months in Nashville. Lots more other walking to do some sightseeing and shopping.
Sun. Walk/jog 3.2 miles; lay by the hotel pool; meet up with Evan and do a bike sightseeing tour of Austin. I ended up riding one of those CItiBikes (that have one gear, fat tires and weigh about 45 pounds with no turning radius) about 14-15 miles over the afternoon. We also climbed 5 flights of stairs at the new Austin Central Library.

Great week.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply