Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not going to be super helpful, but I know its longer then a Felt. Use felts max reach and add a few MM. Send trek a message they get back pretty quick.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like you could get up to 584 on a low far stem. I'm on a low far / size L combo and coordinates are 615 / 525ish (mid pad). If you're using the plug-in adapter with custom extensions (like I am) you're limited in reach because the plug-in only has 3 holes where you can place the pad wing vs 4 on the regular mono extension. My pads are mounted as far fwd as they will go (I use TriRig pads) and the wing is centered on the plugin so I could go another 2cm fwd if I needed to.

https://docplayer.net/...ncept-fit-guide.html

Fishbum wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the max reach is on the current gen Large Speed concept?
I'm not a SC owner but considering a build in the off season. Im guessing a low/ far stem but not sure what# u can hit

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So if I used the adapter to put Evo 110 extensions in I would lose roughly how much. I need to be in that 570 range at least for reach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You lose about 25mm from what I measured. Here's a close-up of the plug-in.

Fishbum wrote:
So if I used the adapter to put Evo 110 extensions in I would lose roughly how much. I need to be in that 570 range at least for reach[/quote

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the feedback. I'm trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before purchasing this bike and the front end of that is completely new to me. I was reading back through this thread it sounds like there is something you can possibly flip to gain that amount of reach back however you lose the ability to use one of the bolts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, you can flip the pad wing but I assume that max reach is taking this in account

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Point of reference: my new large frame SC has a Medium/Far stem, 25 mm riser (plus 5mm spacer under the wing) with the Long Ergo Bar moved as far forward as possible. That pretty much dictates where my pads will be if I want them just forward of my elbow joint. I'm currently at Y658, X492. The pads have lots of room to move forward but I would have to ditch the one piece ergo extensions.

I'm pretty happy with my reach but over time will work my stack height down a bit.

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi!
New to this great forum and new on a SC.

Was on a Speedmax CF 9.0 from 2013 before. Bought the OCLV 500 frameset and built the bike up with ultegra di2 synchro shift and Bontrager Aeolus 5 pro TLR wheels. So far I've ridden approx. 160 miles on it and it is super comfortable, stiff and easy to get a good position on. My concern though is it feels really heavy. I've weighed it to about 9kgs (19lb 13.47 oz - I'm Swedish so not really sure how you write your measures...) with Garmin Vector 3S pedals on. What are you're SC's weighing and do you have any issues with the weight? I know that aerodynamics is more important than weight on a triathlon bike, but I'm worried that the extra weight will lead me to slower times than on my speedmax. The weather here has not been that great to do a real comparison ride yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [rililm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bike but I wouldn't worry too much about an extra kilo as long as you are on a typical triathlon bike course. Take a look at this page where you can change the input data to see where the cost in efficiency lies. I'm thinking that on a flat course the kilo is costing you at most 2 watts. If you are doing a lot of hill climbs the equation changes

https://www.gribble.org/...g/power_v_speed.html

It's all about bike geometry, body position and the ease by which you can comfortably maintain it. Then make sure you don't muck it up by hanging a bottle on the down tube or something silly like that.

- Lionel Sanders
Last edited by: Fuller: Oct 22, 18 4:27
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank's for the link! And bottle on downtube is a big no no, I agree ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [rililm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have similar build as you and it’s no weight weenie. However it never feels heavy either. Especially once you’re cruising it’s a rocket.

You have to be on some seriously steep, sustained climbs for weight to start to trump aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [JustinInATX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone ever ride with the 5 port di2 box in this large spacer.?? i put it in there to see and it works. Im sure im not the first to do it. downside is having to take bars apart to charge and not micro adjusting gears on the fly. Looks clean though..

JustinInATX wrote:
If you take the stem cover off there is a marked area on the underside you can carefully dremel or remove for that di2 wiring to come through clean.
Sjurk wrote:
I've got a five-port, tied to the extention with some kind of rubber band:
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also recently built up a SC with the 500 OCLV frame and Think it is super Heavy.....my Components are ultegra di2 and bontrager Aeolus 5 pro TLR Wheels. Have you been able to lighten your bike in any way or come to a conclusion on why it is so damn Heavy? You write that it does not matter but the feeling I have on the few rides I've been on is that I need to push quite a lot more watts for the same speed. Which is a bad sign for a IM triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [rililm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Just got my new Speed Concept, rode it once then had to get some gnarly dermatology work done on my back and now I'm down for the count for the next 2 weeks (including MiamiMan) which will have to wait 'till next year. But I can still putz around the garage and work on projects so I decided to put together a BTA mount. The picture above is my second attempt which allows me to use a full size bottle and keep the Garmin flat and where I can see it. I might have $2.50 invested in each one. I'll be swapping out the holder for a Gorilla Grip or maybe a Side Kick to make it a bit more deluxe. I really amuse myself by shelling out thousands for a new bike and then balking at coughing up another $89.99 for the Bontrager piece.

1/8 x 3/4 x 48 aluminum flat bar - will make 3-4 assemblies depending on how much room the front end has for hydration. This piece is 12 3/4" long
The spacers hold the bar above the pad wing, they are off the shelf aluminum ferrules for cable clamping (modified of course). Any number of things would work here.
I shaped part of a PVC pipe and attached it under the Garmin mount. It takes up some of the slack of the attaching ring and makes it a bit more secure and easier to slide on and off.

I risked pulling my stitches and went around the block with it this afternoon. Works pretty well and if I want to make a change it's super easy to just build another version.

- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice custom setup. But did you know the bracket needed to mount any water bottle to a speed concept front end is only $23.99 when you don't get the bontrager carbon cage? This is the route I went and got Xlab gorilla cages for the front and off the saddle.

Last edited by: SiRcivic27: Oct 25, 18 16:24
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [SiRcivic27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well yeah I know. But then you still need a place for the Garmin and I don't care for the top of the bottle solution or XLab's out front hanger. I like messing around in the shop - I'm not supposed to exercise for 3 weeks and I've got a lot of time on my hands. And I saved $87.00

Also I was able to move the rear of the bottle to where it sits right over the steer tube which gives me more room in front for the computer and adequate hand space on the mono bar.

- Lionel Sanders
Last edited by: Fuller: Oct 25, 18 19:39
Quote Reply
Gen 2 9.9 - Shipping Case Usage - Any experience with the Alan Bike Box? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm planning to buy a shipping case for a few trips next year to better protect my new-to-me Gen 2 9.9. I was thinking about the Bike Box Alan. Does anybody have any experience with that one or one similar? Are you able to fit the frame (I have size M) in the case with only removing the 3 bolts for the front cockpit and the seatpost (and pedals)?

Thanks for any suggestions!
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 2 9.9 - Shipping Case Usage - Any experience with the Alan Bike Box? [srracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know the SC will fit in the Scicon box w/bar removal, 1 pedal and rear der. removal. Imagine it's the same for the Alan. I know the Scicon is more expensive, did you know Scicon had 40% off last weekend?
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 2 9.9 - Shipping Case Usage - Any experience with the Alan Bike Box? [SiRcivic27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Do you think the Scicon is worth the extra $$? $649 at PBK right now - that's with the 40% off I guess?
It looks like the Scicon has a little extra space for the drivetrain which might be handy.
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 2 9.9 - Shipping Case Usage - Any experience with the Alan Bike Box? [srracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cant say as I've never seen the Alan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there any cranks that won't work on the the Gen 2 SC?
Sram specific gxp or standard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BB90, so SRAM/Quarq needs to be GXP. Otherwise Shimano HT2.

Is that what you wanted to know?

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, TY. Bottom bracket and crank compatibility always get fuzzy for me🤔
At least I'm not dealing with bbright anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone run their sc with a front trispoke?

My new sc is on order and I was wondering what the front fork on this bike did to a trispoke. Good or bad
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve not run tests with one specifically, BUT the legs are wide spaced and shouldn’t cause problems. Lots of fast people running trispokes on an SC.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply

Prev Next