Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Irreplaceable Consumer Brands [Broken Leg Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put another way, would you boycott these brands?
Quote Reply
Re: Irreplaceable Consumer Brands [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shimano
Zwift
Strava
Garmin
Quote Reply
Re: Irreplaceable Consumer Brands [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe Terry Bicycles, as I've been using their saddles exclusively for nearly 20 years and their cycling shorts for all of my long rides for at least 6-7 years. I haven't had a reason to explore other options so don't know how hard it would be for me to find another brand if I had to do so. Perhaps Carbo Pro as well, because it works well for me so I haven't explored other options recently and don't know how hard it would be for me to find a replacement. I'd likely miss Pandora if it suddenly weren't available for my long runs and long car trips, so I'd put that on the list as well. From 2004 - 2016 I would have said TIVO, but not anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use these products daily without them I would have to ball up on the couch

Pepsi
Keurig
Apple
Verizon
Google
De Soto

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably Brooks since my flat feet need either a Beast or Addiction. Possibly Garmin considering my tepid experience with competitors watches. Other than that I couldn’t see anything being irreplaceable. An apple could easily be a Samsung, Microsoft could be replaced by Google, and Google by a patchwork of apps and search engines.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Irreplaceable Consumer Brands [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zwift
Shimano
Garmin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm I think I missed this post when it went up. The list is really really small for me. There are alternatives for almost everything. Usually good alternatives.

No apple? Get a PC or an Android. I know for apple addicts that sounds like cave man talk but really it's not.

No Microsoft? If Apple's still around you have their office suite. If both apple and Microsoft are gone? Get Ubuntu and it's office suite for free. You will forget those others ever existed.

Hoka? There are lots of squishy shoes out there now.

The only thing that comes to mind for me right now is OpenFOAM for CFD work. There are other great CFD packages out there, but OpenFOAM is free and others with comparable capabilities cost 10's of thousands of $$.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Apr 4, 19 21:20
Quote Reply
Re: Irreplaceable Consumer Brands [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everything is replaceable. Humans are very adaptable.

Having said that, I will miss the following and think fondly of them in my old age if they disappeared.

1) IPhone/iPad
2) Amazon (made possible because of 1)
3) Coke Zero
4) NFL
5) FIFA WC
6) PS4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going with Frito Lay. The wanna be brands just are not that good. Who here does not like some sort of chips or tortillas, or cheesy puff things...have a weakness for chips of some sort. Especially Cheddar & Sour Cream Ruffles...or Hint of Jalapeno Tostitos.
Quote Reply

Prev Next