Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Oct. 29 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?
What are your plans for Halloween?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 29 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC. Hope you had a good week.

My goals for last week were: 4 x swim, 3 x bike, 3 x run, 2 x strength. I got them all done. YAY! Same goals for this week. So far, 1 swim done.

Halloween is also practice night but I got permission from the Chief to set up a fire safety station at my home. Kids get to spin a wheel, answer the question that comes up and then go home with some fire prevention treats! I've also convinced someone to be Sparky with me for the evening. I'm not a fan of Halloween (I didn't grow up with it) so this is my compromise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik.

Scheherazade, good work getting it all done - have fun at hosting the Halloween fire safety station. I will candles into my jack-o-laterns very carefully.

Quote:
I'm chipping away at my workouts. I am doing another local race this weekend to keep working on the mental side of returning to racing now that it seems like 2/3rds of the physical side is getting sorted.

I swam three time, biked five time and ran three times including the race. I did the 70.3 distance -- my arm/shoulder survived the swim, I stayed aero and rubber side down on my bike, and I hung on in ninety degree heat for the run. I'm absolutely thrilled to be back at that distance and I feel good about putting in a solid performance. More importantly, I feel like now I can close out my "Crash Chapter" and start looking forward to what's next.

This week I'm on the road for work but I'm hoping to get in four bikes, three runs, and three swims. .

Happy training everyone!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 29 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the finish!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 29 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I've also convinced someone to be Sparky with me for the evening.

Awww! That's cool.

We're having a party at work; I'm either going as RBG if I have time to finish the costume, or John Blutarsky (John Belushi's character in Animal House). There's also an office door decorating contest. So far I'll get at least 3rd, because the only offices I've seen decorated are (1) a grad student office (2) the main office (3) mine. I think it looks great and I hope the other mathematicians get their rears in gear.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week: 5 swims, at least two rides, run speed workout intervals shorter than a mile, long run
swam 2x, rode 3x, no short run intervals, did the long run!

M: 7 mi run + 1825 yd swim
T: 5.8 mi run + 5 mi bike
W: 7.5 mi run + 6.5 mi bike
T: 7 mi run + 775 yd swim
F: 6.5 mi run + 33 min stairmaster
S: 9 mi bike
S: 10.3 mi run + 15 min stairmaster

totals 2600 yd swim, 20.5 mi bike, 44.8 mi run

goals for this week: same as last

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 29 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SoCalTricurious wrote:
I swam three time, biked five time and ran three times including the race. I did the 70.3 distance -- my arm/shoulder survived the swim, I stayed aero and rubber side down on my bike, and I hung on in ninety degree heat for the run. I'm absolutely thrilled to be back at that distance and I feel good about putting in a solid performance. More importantly, I feel like now I can close out my "Crash Chapter" and start looking forward to what's next.

This week I'm on the road for work but I'm hoping to get in four bikes, three runs, and three swims. .

Happy training everyone!

I thought that said "baked five times" - which would be awesome and pretty much sums up my food focused/non-athletic focus at the moement....

Congrats on the race!!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 29 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! I didn't bake until the run :D
Thanks y'all!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ladies, hope everyone is having a good Monday so far. It sounds like everyone had some small victories last week. Hooray for looking past crashing! And Halloween fun! And getting stronger!

Quote:
This week's goal: Get back into the swing of things

And yes I did. My week was pretty good. Lots of doing work, lots of housework, and some fun stuff mixed in too. I am officially old, and cannot stay out past Midnight anymore. I turn into a pumpkin.

This week's goal: do more of the same

M- rest day (nailed it!)
Tu- 70min Zwift and 20min run brick
W- 2100yd swim and strength. No Halloween plans. In fact, we probably won't even get any trick or treaters. If anyone wants to send me pictures of your cute kids in costume, I will eat Halloween candy for them.
Th- 30min bike rampup and 6mi run
F- 2400yd swim and strength
Sa- 9mi run and strength
Su- 50mi ride

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SoCal - well done on the race
DrTC - hope you win a good prize!
Edbikebabe - I baked! Come on over and save me from myself. (They are oaty banana-hazelnut muffins.)

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 29 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They look great and much healthier than the three layer leftover birthday cake at my house...

To keep it mildly workout related - I'm loving the NY Zwift course. It's so hilly, but it kicks my butt every time I ride, so no complaints.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
They look great and much healthier than the three layer leftover birthday cake at my house...

To keep it mildly workout related - I'm loving the NY Zwift course. It's so hilly, but it kicks my butt every time I ride, so no complaints.

I am also digging the NYC course! The hills are sneaky good.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 29 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
edbikebabe wrote:

I am also digging the NYC course! The hills are sneaky good.

OMG - I rode 9.1 miles last night on that and someone threw in a 16% grade! I thought my knee was going to explode. I'm looking for a nice flat course, or a velodrome (which I've suggested to Jordan).

Some good swims last week. Bike and walk/jog - not so much.

Mon. 1,800 SCY
Tue. Gym
Wed. 2,0750 SCY
Thur. off - so tired
Fri. 2,350 SCY
Sat. Gym
Sun. Yoga

I need to add a second workout a couple of days but I really like my "me" time in the early mornings.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 29 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
I'm looking for a nice flat course, or a velodrome (which I've suggested to Jordan).

You can change your settings to load Zwift in Richmond, and the short loop is about as flat as it gets (for now).

I also hear you on the early AM me time. This whole very late Daylight Savings time nonsense is throwing off my internal clock. I just want to lounge forever in the mornings now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey all! Glad to hear so many of you had a good week. I had a pretty good week too, no killer volume but a few good workouts. I tested my FTP with that stupid ramp test and increased it by 30 points which I am going to regret later. I also had my longest wog since building back from my knee injury. I had family in town Tuesday so that was a rest day except walking all over downtown. We had a great time and it was the first time in 20 years I've seen my cousin and the first time I've met her kids!

My sinuses are/were killing me today and yesterday so I'm going to call it at 50 running miles for the month with rest days yesterday and today (I forced myself to go to bed at 10 last night and woke up feeling much better today) and pick it back up tomorrow.

I live in a condo building so we are going to go to our friends' house one neighborhood over and pass out candy. It's one of the most residential neighborhoods in Detroit, so we have more than 1,000 pieces of candy to pass out and will probably run out. Our friends' 3.5 year old is dressing as Dash from The Incredibles and wanted "Auntie Kristin" (me) to be Elastigirl so I guess I'm Elastigirl. We have a bunch of other friends who live within a few blocks and I am looking forward to seeing everyone's cute kids.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 29 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your night sounds awesome! I wish we'd get ToTers. The kids would clean house on our street. Also, Elastigirl is my dream Halloween race costume, much kudos for that!

Quote Reply