Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? 10/15 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? 10/15 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week:
long run (done this AM) done
ride at least 2x done
swim 5x no, did 3
run speed workout sort of, did some tempo miles on Thurs

M: 10.5 mi run + 525 yd swim
T: 6.7 mi run + 9 mi bike
W: 6.2 mi run + 675 yd swim
T: 8.5 mi run + 21 min stairmaster
F: 6.5 mi run + 1075 yd swim
S: 7.1 mi run
S: 16 mi bike

goals for this week
swim 4x
ride at least twice
long run
run speed workout of intervals shorter than a mile

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr TC.

I survived Fire Prevention Week! And I managed to get in all my planned workouts (3 x s/b/r).

Plans for this week:
4 x swim (1 done), 3 x bike (1 done) & run, 2 x strength (prompted by the other thread). We've gone from a whole bunch of snow last weekend to predicted highs in double digits all week so I'm excited to be able to run outside a little longer.

I'm doing a better job at controlling the diet and the drinking, so the plan is to keep that up while knowing that I'm going to an Oktoberfest event on Saturday night.

In other randomness, we were given a set of hand-me-down rollers, I bought myself a new bike helmet on clearance and I ordered my Christmas cards. I also had a "treat yo'self" moment and bought myself a new Garmin which cannot get here soon enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Dr. T. Glad you survived, Scheherazade.

Midtown Miles wrote:
My knee continues to feel mostly fine after I restarted my Trainer Road account last week. I do occasionally get some sensation deep in the joint, but it's not really pain. I am keeping a close eye on it. I managed 8 "workouts" (runs, rides, and a barre class, but I'm also counting PT and yoga) toward my 100 before the end of the year goal. It was a much less stressful week last week, and I am starting to feel more like myself. I even got to enjoy an entire day dedicated to college football on Saturday.

No big goals for this week, just some runs and rides, my PT a few times, a long trainer ride and a longer lifting session on Saturday while watching KONA!, at least one yoga session, and really trying to make it to the pool once.
Last week was a MONSTER week for me. I managed it by making zero social plans =D and staying in and training while watching Kona all day Saturday. I managed 3 trainer rides, 3 runs, 4 PT sessions, 2 weights sessions, and 1 yoga session. I didn't make it to the pool and skipped my speed run but I'm still thrilled with the week. Best of all, I was able to add another minute to my running intervals and my knee and everything else felt mostly fine.

I made it to the pool yesterday so I already can check that off for this week. I'm having trouble finding a pool schedule that works for me and I really do want to get back to swimming. The one by my office is open before work but I have to get up at like 4:30, which, let's be honest, is ridiculous. That one and the one closest to home don't have lap swim in the evenings until like 7-8 p.m. The pool I went to last night is yards, a bit out of my way, and kind of dingy BUT is open for lap swimming in the evenings (there was only one other guy there when I arrived) and has ample parking, so getting there after work was pretty easy. And I had plenty of time to make dinner and relax last night afterward. Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm.

Goals for this week are to ride the success from last week with 3 trainer rides, 3 runs, 2 weights sessions, PT and yoga. The Detroit Free Press Marathon/half/5K is this weekend but we're going to skip it this year and do our own 5K and pancake breakfast on Sunday morning. I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE this race -- I have done the full 4 times, the half once, and the 5K once. It's the one time of year you can run across the bridge to Canada and through the tunnel (under the Detroit River!!!) back to the U.S.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? 10/15 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done on a huge week!

I feel your pain on the pool scheduling; the evening sessions here don't start until 8pm and tend to be after a public swim session so the water is GROSS. I have sucked it up and become a morning swimmer because (a) the bobbers don't like mornings, (b) the lane swimmers in the morning are way more courteous, and (c) there's something magical about when I get to be the first person in the pool that day.

For someone who could barely make it to the other side of the pool 4 years ago, I now have really strong opinions about swimming pools.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone is having a good week so far!
Nice mileage last week, Dr. TC!
Way to make it through fire prevention week Scheherazade! We also succeeded in preventing fires here.
Hooray for making it through monster week, MM! I hear you on the pool situation. Sometimes you have the luxury of being picky about your swimming holes, and other times the best pool is the one where you can swim when you can. I'm also a pool opener and we've developed quite a morning crew- it ends up helping tremendously when we have to share lanes because we know each other and how we swim together.

Quote:
This week's goal- Kick some ass at my tri this weekend.

Welp.

Saturday's weather in NJ was basically like IMLOO on Sunday. Combine that with the most poorly organized and unsafe race organization I've ever encountered, and it made for a mediocre disaster which, when all was said and done, left me on the podium and 9th female OA. I'll take it, I guess.
Highlights of the craziness:
1. Delayed start because the buoys floated away overnight. They were still untethered when the race started, floated again and I ended up swimming HIM distance for an oly.
2. NO SWIM SUPPORT. One lone kayaker chasing buoys. No boats, no lifeguards, nada. Someone could have drowned and no one would have known. That was less than comforting.
3. The coldest, shittiest rain just north of sleet conditions. It was 43 degrees on the bike with 10mph winds.
4. The "packed gravel" run as advertised was actually a root-laden trail with beach sand. I am not a trail runner. I'm currently advertising that with a HUGE bruise on my calf after I biffed it hard at mile 2.

Anyways, tri season is done. Except it's not because I'm starting my training for IMTX.

This week's goals: Pass my tests :)
M- 30min recovery swim (done, 1700yd)
Tu- 60min recovery ride (done, 16.8mi)
W- FTP test
Th- 1000yd swim test
F- 30min LT test
Sa- rest! Travel to Chicago!
Su- Run along the Lake with friends! Bears game! Chicago!

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik and good work on both your volume and your continued healthy habits.
Congratulations on your race, Dr. Cupcake -- more importantly, I'm glad you made it out safely!
Midtown, I'm so glad things are getting back on track for you!
Scheherazade, thanks for all you do keeping the world safe.

I'm doing fine. I've had a bunch of work travel and some fun travel (and one trip that was both!) but I'm getting in my training. I did a retrospective on my recent training and am happy to report my bike and run volume have basically returned to their pre-accident levels and my swim is getting pretty close. "volume" is the operative word but I'm making progress on speed and strength. (I have sorta reluctantly agreed to do a multi-loop 70.3 dry run this weekend to help prep me for my December 70.3 and the retrospective was to show myself that I have the fitness to get it done -- I'll report back!)

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late getting to this as my past two weeks have sucked more than anything. My Dad died Sunday, October 7th so I headed to Kansas Monday, October 8 and spent the week there. I drove and took my bike so I was able to get three short rides done, more to just get out of the house. I was supposed to be doing an aquabike race in two weeks, but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to bail on that. Finally back to the pool and gym in the last couple of days.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? 10/15 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it can be to find solace and meaning in everyday life after a parent passes away. I hope riding out there in Kansas helped you process things in a healthy way. Be kind to yourself and take care of you.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Please take care of yourself.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? 10/15 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Midtown Miles wrote:
I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Please take care of yourself.

Thank you.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm, I'm just now reading this. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you're doing okay.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thinking of you and yours, ironclm.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply