Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread
Quote | Reply
There are fighting words among some of the German contenders, and Lionel Sanders just gave his upper lip freedom from that well known mustache. Despite several famous male pros missing in action - the field looks very deep and strong anyway, and I think we can expect some real fireworks. Maybe the race is even more exciting than with Frodeno in it.

In the women's race all eyes are on Daniela and Lucy but could someone else spoil the party?

What about the weather? There is talk of rain, and will that cause accidents in town, especially with folks coming down hot and fast on Palani?

http://www.facebook.com/IRONMANnow

Race time is in 18 hours, so get on it.
Last edited by: Herbert: Oct 13, 18 3:35
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woo hoo! So excited for this race. I have followed this event for almost 35 years. Even proposed to my wife in dig me beach. But I am looking forward to this years tace more than any other. Let’s go!

Scott in Whistler
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let’s start with how to watch.

What’s the deal with Facebook Watch? Apparently the only platform for livestream?

Haven’t used it before, so not sure what to expect.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty straightforward.. Follow/Search IronmanNow on FB. It'll be there. I just read that the men's pro race doesn't start until 2:35pm Eastern Time Zone!? Didn't realize it was that late in our day.. Killing me! Especially since the live coverage is coming on just after noon! As if 8+ hours is long enough air time to fill... I'm surprised they'd extend it that much more prior to the start.

Edit: that had to be a typo on what I read. I think it's gotta be 12:35pm Eastern start for men.
Last edited by: JBell: Oct 12, 18 23:08
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Anna s [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: Anna s: Oct 13, 18 6:30
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Anna s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The first block of coverage is described as ‘live bodymarking’.

At least it’s not ‘live portaloo queueing’ I suppose.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
There are fighting words among some of the German contenders, and Lionel Sanders just gave his upper lip freedom from that well known mustache. Despite several famous male pros missing in action - the field looks very deep and strong anyway, and I think we can expect some real fireworks. Maybe the race is even more exciting than with Frodeno in it.

In the women's race all eyes are on Daniela and Lucy but could someone else spoil the party?

What about the weather? There is talk of rain, and will that cause accidents in town, especially with folks coming down hot and fast on Palani?

Race time is in 18 hours, so get on it.

In the vein of cheering for guys charging hard on the bike of the pedigree of Wolfgang, Hellriegel, Faris, Stadler and even Mecca stealing a win leveraging his bike posse, I have to go for anyone who drives the bike hard to create a gap on that leg... So any heroics from Starkey, Amberger, Kienle, Wurf and Sanders will be greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [photoguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard about and saw images of bikes motor checked. How many bikes did they do this to? And did they also scan Seb Kienle’s legs? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have to sign up with credit card info to watch? I hope I clicked on the wrong link...
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [alfonzo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As in the opening post
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Let’s start with how to watch.

What’s the deal with Facebook Watch? Apparently the only platform for livestream?

Haven’t used it before, so not sure what to expect.

Scott

Facebook live or NBC Sports app.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm up here on the west coast and getting ready, think in honor of the Kona swim, I will do a 4200 straight in the pool, just to get things started..
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I'm up here on the west coast and getting ready, think in honor of the Kona swim, I will do a 4200 straight in the pool, just to get things started..

I'll just drink some kona coffee...

...until its time to drink some kona brewing :)

Going to be a good day!
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In honor of the last 10k of the run, I think I will punch myself repeatedly in the d!ck.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol, well, looks like the live feed failed already after like 10 seconds of body marking footage. Just the IM screen and a flat tone......wonderful.........
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it might get rainy today!

Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Must admit Cam Wurf could do very well overall. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is working, and I really like Paul Kaye
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems the weather will suit the runners, low winds will benefit the trains and keep the gap from being to large. High humidity and a dew point around 70 will make for a tough run but that’s nothing unordinary. Wouldn’t be surprised to see the first sub 8 today.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else's picture look fantastic?? Hope coverage is this HD quality..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am hoping Lars Petter Stormo has his race of a lifetime and will be best age grouper. 2nd last year, but this year..........

Great quality of the stream so far. Looks like Facebook has a good solution for this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paul is awesome and IMO quite undervalued. Love his work, and he really knows the sport and athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clay Emge is racing this year. He’s the man to beat IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: The official 2018 IRONMAN Kona World Championships thread [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow just checked the odds again and now Sanders is the favorite with 3.25 and Lange at 5 now. Quite good odds for Lange actually.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how about Starky's interview in body marking?

You could FEEL his emotions. "I plan to destroy this race", near crying
Quote Reply

Prev Next