Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Is Rich Strauss still affiiated with Endurance Nation?
Quote | Reply
I was surfing their website today (endurancenation.us) and at least on the surface, it seems like he's no longer part of the team.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Is Rich Strauss still affiiated with Endurance Nation? [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been with EN for 9 years. No, Rich left a year ago to pursue a completely new line of business in real estate.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Rich Strauss still affiiated with Endurance Nation? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Paul.

That's too bad. I always thought he was a pretty smart guy and ultimately good for the sport.

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Is Rich Strauss still affiiated with Endurance Nation? [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rich is certainly missed by the old timers. He and Patrick made a great coaching team. I think he just got burnt out on triathlon 24-7 and wanted to pursue something new professionally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Gordo still around?
Quote Reply
Re: Is Rich Strauss still affiiated with Endurance Nation? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Rich is certainly missed by the old timers. He and Patrick made a great coaching team. I think he just got burnt out on triathlon 24-7 and wanted to pursue something new professionally.

I’m one of those old timers. That said, it’s still a fantastic team under Patrick’s leadership, with a terrific bunch of members!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
I've been with EN for 9 years. No, Rich left a year ago to pursue a completely new line of business in real estate.
Oh no! I loved all of his Podcasts, so technical and so brutally honest. I thought maybe he just took a time out from the podcasts for a while.

I am now -- sad!
Quote Reply
Re: Is Rich Strauss still affiiated with Endurance Nation? [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he coaches. No idea what he does in addition if anything but his writing on coachgordo is very good and none of it is tri related
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Googled my name for no clear reason and found this thread...

That is correct. I'm no longer affiliated with EN, or in any way involved in triathlon. My last race was Kona '16 and my bike is still in the box.

I'm now a full-time real estate investor, buying and selling vacant land in SoCal. I also dabble in Crossfit, strength training, ride my bike from time to time, and adventure via dirt bikes every chance I get.

Rich Strauss
Endurance Nation Ironman 2013 and 2014 World Champion TriClub, Div I
Create a FREE 7-day trial membership
Quote Reply
Re: Is Rich Strauss still affiiated with Endurance Nation? [Rich Strauss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rich Strauss wrote:

Stalker!

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Is Rich Strauss still affiiated with Endurance Nation? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Rich Strauss wrote:

Stalker!

Hey Bob!

Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: Is Rich Strauss still affiiated with Endurance Nation? [Rich Strauss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rich Strauss wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
Rich Strauss wrote:

Stalker!

Hey Bob!

What's up, Rich?

I was thinking about you the other day because my Facebook memory from eight years ago was a picture of you and I standing around at the IMFL run course in 2010. Thing was I was racing. In fairness, I was stretching out my legs and taking a moment's rest. At some point you basically said, "Aren't you in the middle of a race? Shut up and start running."

As someone noted above, gotta appreciate the honesty.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Nov 28, 18 15:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:

Hey Paul! I still have fun seeing your race-capades on FB, and seeing what you and Karen are up to.

Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Re: Is Rich Strauss still affiiated with Endurance Nation? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davetallo wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

I’m one of those old timers. That said, it’s still a fantastic team under Patrick’s leadership, with a terrific bunch of members!

Hey Dave! My beard game has been quite strong from time to time over the last couple years. Let me know if you need any beard oil or grooming tips.

Rich Strauss
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Rich! Nice to see you around.... Glad to hear things are going well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So.......Crucible Fitness is no longer an option?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rich Strauss wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Hey Paul! I still have fun seeing your race-capades on FB, and seeing what you and Karen are up to.

Ditto on your dirt bike adventures! Karen and I are going to IM Ireland and IM Kona (legacy) in 2019. After that, I'm going to pull a "Mariah" and head to Mt Kilimanjaro.
Quote Reply
Re: Is Rich Strauss still affiiated with Endurance Nation? [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
So.......Crucible Fitness is no longer an option?

Ha! Those were good days....between CF and gordoworld....
Quote Reply
Re: Is Rich Strauss still affiiated with Endurance Nation? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That brings me back. Local clubs and WildFlower's heyday.

Jimmy S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great to hear from you, Rich - and nice to see you back in the tri space! My beard game is strong. More grey every year, but still strong.

(and I’m still using some CF workouts from circa 2005!)
Quote Reply