Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift Elite Direto questions/help
Quote | Reply
I recently bought an Elite Direto to use with Zwift. I successfully used it about four times. On the fifth time, around mile 30, a heard a noise in the trainer and ever since then I can use Zwift but the trainer does not vary the resistance. I was using Bluetooth to connect my phone to the trainer and my phone would use the house wireless to connect to my PC. After sending Elite a video of my trainer with the panel off, they believe the motor is working properly.

I have since learned there are some issues with using bluetooth with the Direto and Zwift.

So, I bought a Garmin ant+ usb and a long usb extension cable. When I use the ant, Zwift can see the ant but it never connects to my trainer. Supposedly using ant will help with the resistance issue.

Is there something I'm doing wrong that the ant can't find my Elite Direto?

I've emails Zwift and Elite and the responses are slow so I'm trying to ask around for solutions. Is it possible to use Zwift just using an ant dongle and no phone?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Elite Direto questions/help [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With your laptop you should be able to use the ant+ usb to connect to your power meter and laptop Bluetooth to connect to your direto. I only need the Bluetooth on the phone when I use my AppleTV Zwift app because it has limited Bluetooth connections. Also I’ve noticed when Zwift stops controlling the direto that usually means the Garmin picked up the Direto’s Bluetooth signal first. I usually have to delete and restart connections when this happens.. Zwift does have a lot of forum threads on the direto if you run into more problems in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Elite Direto questions/help [Trigirl357] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I don't understand. I don't have a power meter, or are you saying the power meter inside the Direto?

Everything I've read on the zwift forums is that there's an issue with the Direto, Zwift and the resistance not working while using bluetooth.

Do I have to use bluetooth in order to use the Direto and Zwift? Can I not just use the ant and nothing else?

How would I delete the connections and start over? I've unplugged the ant and plugged it back in, turned off the bluetooth on my phone and Zwift has told me not to turn on the bluetooth on my pc.

It all worked fine with only bluetooth for about four sessions on zwift. Then the trainer made a weird noise and stopped the resistance function mid ride and has never worked with zwift again. It does seem to work on the Elite application.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
I recently bought an Elite Direto to use with Zwift. I successfully used it about four times. On the fifth time, around mile 30, a heard a noise in the trainer and ever since then I can use Zwift but the trainer does not vary the resistance. I was using Bluetooth to connect my phone to the trainer and my phone would use the house wireless to connect to my PC. After sending Elite a video of my trainer with the panel off, they believe the motor is working properly.

I have since learned there are some issues with using bluetooth with the Direto and Zwift.

So, I bought a Garmin ant+ usb and a long usb extension cable. When I use the ant, Zwift can see the ant but it never connects to my trainer. Supposedly using ant will help with the resistance issue.

Is there something I'm doing wrong that the ant can't find my Elite Direto?

I've emails Zwift and Elite and the responses are slow so I'm trying to ask around for solutions. Is it possible to use Zwift just using an ant dongle and no phone?

I sent you a personal message

About a coincidence where you live not elite directo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damn lucky wrote:
Sorry, I don't understand. I don't have a power meter, or are you saying the power meter inside the Direto?

Everything I've read on the zwift forums is that there's an issue with the Direto, Zwift and the resistance not working while using bluetooth.

Do I have to use bluetooth in order to use the Direto and Zwift? Can I not just use the ant and nothing else?

How would I delete the connections and start over? I've unplugged the ant and plugged it back in, turned off the bluetooth on my phone and Zwift has told me not to turn on the bluetooth on my pc.

It all worked fine with only bluetooth for about four sessions on zwift. Then the trainer made a weird noise and stopped the resistance function mid ride and has never worked with zwift again. It does seem to work on the Elite application.

There's multiple signals coming to and from your Direto. One is the power signal measurement which is what Zwift uses to calculate speed on the course. Then there is the FEC trainer control signal from Zwift to your trainer that controls resistance. I have found that unless the FEC control signal is on ANT+, and not Bluetooth, I won't get any resistance control. It also seems that if Zwift chooses BT initially, then even once I change it to ANT+ it still doesn't change resistance. I have found that I need to hit "search" under the trainer pairing section in Zwift immediately, and then select the ANT+ FEC signal. Then it works flawlessly. If you have issues, go back to the pairing screen, unplug the Direto for about 10 seconds, plug it back in, and then hit search to find the ANT+ signal and choose that.

Quote | Reply
I use Zwift with my Direto on ANT+ without any issues .....I have a Suunto mini stick in my iMAC...if you still have issues join the Elite Direto group on Facebook. The people there are really supportive and Elite monitors the group and answers questions in there. They are really, really helpful.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Elite Direto questions/help [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, this is the reply and information I needed.

Everytime I used Zwift, it would automatically connect using Bluetooth. I had no idea you could have options on how you want to connect. I didn't realize the the name of the device with FEC the some numbers meant the device name, the FEC connection (not Bluetooth) and the numbers were the ant+ stick.

I bought the ant+ and extension cord and tried it this morning. So far so good. I'm surprised in all my emails to Zwift they didn't explain this.

It was only in multiple emails with Elite that this was also suggested at the same time you replied.
Quote Reply