Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike with Full Integration
Quote | Reply
I'm in the market for a new tri bike, but I'm having trouble finding all the bikes that match my criteria. At the moment, I would like a bike with integrated storage and hydration with integrated nutrition and disc brakes being "wants", but not must haves and I've got a budget of around $4000 USD. At the moment, my list looks like this:

- Canyon Speedmax
- Scott Plasma (too expensive)
- Specialized Shiv (too ugly)

Am I missing any other options or have I narrowed my search down the the Speedmax?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Bike with Full Integration [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new Shiv won't be at your price point for awhile.

Full integration with everything you desire...the Trinity Advanced Pro 1 is cheap: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/...inity-advanced-pro-1

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Integrated hydration narrows down the choices quite a bit.

A few others I can think of in your price range are the Giant Trinity Advanced, and the Ventum Z
Last edited by: j.shanney: Oct 10, 18 14:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if it meets your price criteria, but the new Diamondback Andean has some pretty impressive integration ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt IA can be fitted with an internal bladder.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike with Full Integration [chadm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chadm wrote:
Felt IA can be fitted with an internal bladder.

Do you know how this is done? An initial google search didn't return much outside of a few photos, but I suspect their is some cutting involved.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Custom 3D printed top and the bladder from a specialized Shiv.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
there's a thread on here about it.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Integration is overrated in my opinion. I have a bike with zero integration and manage to carry 1800 cal on me plus flat kit without any aero penalty.

2 bottles (600cal/bottle EFS pro) BTA back to back
1 bottle BTS
Flat kit stuffed under seat
Quote Reply
Re: Bike with Full Integration [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Integration is overrated in my opinion. I have a bike with zero integration and manage to carry 1800 cal on me plus flat kit without any aero penalty.

It's almost purely about vanity for me. I just think the integrated options look orders of magnitude better than non-integrated options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat as you. Not impressed with all the aftermarket gear you have to add to make a tri bike functional. It ends up looking tacky.

Canyon seems to check all those boxes, but apparently they are having troubles in the US. A lot of brands have the draft box, and relatively sleek bento box, but no integrated hydration. Trek, QR, Felt, to name a few.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well except for the ventum and new shiv ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Quote Reply
Re: Bike with Full Integration [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Well except for the ventum and new shiv ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

2 bikes that show the future of where tri bikes are headed

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This one is $2400 as shown. $3500 with Ultegra Di2.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a few threads on this forum. It involves a 3d printed top cap and the bladder from a Specialized Shiv.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure about the availability where you're from and it doesn't have disc brakes (Canyon does not have those either), but the Cube Aerium C68 is a pretty well sorted and good looking bike imo. Same features basically as the Canyon for a similar price.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike with Full Integration [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Second the Aerium. Sexy and light. For me it would be between that and the Andean, which is unbeatable in price
Quote Reply
Re: Bike with Full Integration [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Not sure about the availability where you're from and it doesn't have disc brakes (Canyon does not have those either), but the Cube Aerium C68 is a pretty well sorted and good looking bike imo. Same features basically as the Canyon for a similar price.

I looked around and it doesn't look like Cube has a US distributor. It's a pretty sweet looking ride though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a look at the QRs. They don't have an integrated hydration setup but its pretty easy to put something between the bars that will do the job pretty well. Check out MyBikeShop, they usually have some on sale that you can pick up. they'll also do custom builds for a good price. If you aren't in a hurry, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a PR3 Disc here pretty soon.

Someone mentioned the Giant Trinity. Please for the love of god don't go this route unless you plan to have it setup with race wheels and only ride it during races. The brakes on that thing are impossible and the front hydration is a joke. They fixed the whole falling off issue but they are massive. You could probably get a litre of water in there. Way too might water weight moving around on the front of the bike in my opinion. Switching from that to a PR6 Disc was the best decision I have ever made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd buy a bike based on proper fit rather than on integration. As Sean H said, you can easily carry everything you need with minimal aero penalty. All the integration in the world won't mean crap if your position looks like you are riding a road bike. Based on the bikes you listed, the Canyon and the Plasma/Shiv are designed for people of completely different fit characteristics.

For your budget, I'd also add in a BMC TM02 or even a used TM01. Similar stack/reach options to the Canyon Speedmax. Also, you can't go wrong with a Speed Concept.
Quote Reply
Re: Bike with Full Integration [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That should read โ€œRubbishโ€ lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jhammond wrote:
I'm in the market for a new tri bike, but I'm having trouble finding all the bikes that match my criteria. At the moment, I would like a bike with integrated storage and hydration with integrated nutrition and disc brakes being "wants", but not must haves and I've got a budget of around $4000 USD. At the moment, my list looks like this:

- Canyon Speedmax
- Scott Plasma (too expensive)
- Specialized Shiv (too ugly)

Am I missing any other options or have I narrowed my search down the the Speedmax?

Thanks!

Yes, you definitely miss QR. A PRfive leaves you choices by using standard-components. And by using DI2 or SRAM and PD Aeria Ultimate (or EVO) Cockpit you can route everything internally. You can choose between Disc and Rim brake, und as of this week QR even offers an entry-level Disc version (PRfour).
Quote Reply
Re: Bike with Full Integration [Blabelzabel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You beat me to it! Great value bike.

To Bryan: the ventum is not the future of bike design, sorry your just wrong.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Bike with Full Integration [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Youโ€™re*

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply