Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage?
Quote | Reply
First: All the best and a huge thank you to the team(s) running the Live feeds in Kona. You always do an awesome job and the broadcast is truly appreciated. To all the commentators...I always wonder how you so capably fill a 10+ hour broadcast with what feels like such a compact team.

For the first time in a decade I will be able to watch the race in complete solitude without competing obligations or distractions...what a treat!

Wondering what setups people have...for me it'll be:

Apple TV set up w/ Red Bull Live Coverage (assume this is a go this year again...anyone?). Dropped a few times last year but nothing to complain about.

Laptop setup for Live Tracker Map (this was really cool to follow last year as it was giving more accurate splits than the live feed).

iPad running the live written feed from Ironman.com

Any other suggestions out there with other feeds / options? It's just too bad they couldn't provide a recording / replay of the whole event.

Will try to ride the trainer for a good three hour session to be able to enjoy a few beers in the cold Canadian climate without guilt.

Enjoy everyone!
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [TDOT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no Red Bull coverage this year. Facebook Live is your only option.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skyline Chili wrote:

NBCSports doesn't run a live feed? Literally just Ironman coverage on their website?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year I just watched on TV we can’t do that this year?!
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [mbecks2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbecks2 wrote:
Last year I just watched on TV we can’t do that this year?!

It will be on NBC Sports in the US still. Everywhere else, the only option is on "Facebook Watch": facebook.com/ironmannow

My setup will be laptop streaming facebook watch (I'm in Canada) while doing my trainer workout; then I'll move to the living room where I'll watch on my TV streaming through my xbox. Tablet will have the Trirating 2018 report handy for reference (if you haven't seen this, check it out at https://www.trirating.com/, amazingly comprehensive report)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TDOT wrote:
It's just too bad they couldn't provide a recording / replay of the whole event.

Do you have info that the live coverage won't be available for replay on the Ironman now Facebook page? The 70.3 Worlds coverage, among other events, is available to replay there.

I'll be watching the FB feed on my laptop. I rarely ride inside, especially if I wouldn't get wet outside, but I'm seriously considering doing a 3-hour ride on the spin bike in the basement while the pros are on the bike so I don't miss any of the live coverage. I plan to run before the start.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Oct 10, 18 9:32
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a total bummer...was really convenient last year (and they could conceivably have two sponsored athletes as Champions)!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyway to watch via Firestick? Or YouTube Live?
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Streaming to my TV...

Quote | Reply
Facebook Watch to the Apple TV - and bring in a backup TV to get the kids their programs on the other side of the room

Ruble Triathlon Coaching Average of 30 coached PR's per year
Florida Triathlon Camps Train in North Americas winter training destination
Ruble Racing Events Midwest Triathlon Racing
Ruble Timing Midwest Event Timing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sending the little one to the in-laws for the weekend so we can watch it without hearing, "Daddy I want juice!", "Mommy play with me!" or "Daddy I am bored watching this", etc, etc.

We plan on connecting her laptop to the TV and using Facebook live. I will use my laptop to chat with friends who are watching it and surf the web.

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can put the FB app on your Fire Stick TV and then watch the race coverage on IronMan Now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine: A 2006 Toyota Tacoma with a vehicle pass.

I'll have no clue who won the race until I read it here or in the paper the next day. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- A fake Albert Einstein "quote"
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [cmd111183] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmd111183 wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:

NBCSports doesn't run a live feed? Literally just Ironman coverage on their website?

They run a live feed for 1.5 hrs. between
12:30 -2 pm EST.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Facebook Watch app on my TV and will stream it live all day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually just watch on my MacBook Air, but now you all have me thinking I should plug it into my 60" high def TV. What exactly do I need in the way of cords to do this? Fairly new tv, so it should have the basic jacks, so my computer to a TV cord is what I need? You guys are my Geek Squad...
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I usually just watch on my MacBook Air, but now you all have me thinking I should plug it into my 60" high def TV. What exactly do I need in the way of cords to do this? Fairly new tv, so it should have the basic jacks, so my computer to a TV cord is what I need? You guys are my Geek Squad...

I just plug in an HDMI cable from my TV to my MacBook Air.
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, and I assume you have to move the tv to the corresponding output channel??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will watch it at home on the 27" iMac until about 3p when I have to go to my nephew's birthday party. Then I'll watch as much as I can on my iPad.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Thanks, and I assume you have to move the tv to the corresponding output channel??

No you change the TV input to match the laptop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, just select the HDMIx "channel" in your TV where X is the number of the HDMI in. You'll see that number where you connect the cable in the TV
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What time does this start UK time? Facebook is my only option to watch this in the UK?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whenever it's on TV, I'll set the DVR, skip all the commercials. I can wait. Don't even think I saw last year's coverage at all. I think I've checked in on Ironman Tracker the next day, but the last few years haven't been watching it. Except the winners--it seems like the same show over & over, melodramatic blah blah. Like the Tour de France, I DVR it, watch in fast forward x 3 (or 4), stop when there is a crash or break away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just plug in an HDMI cable from my TV to my MacBook Air. //

So I looked into the big bin with all my cables, and I was so excited to find an 8ft HDMI cable, only to have my hopes dashed when I could not find a port for it on my MacBook Air. Do you have one on yours, and if so, how old is your computer? Mine is about 3 years old..SO what do I do now?? Do they make an adapter to go from apple to HDMI??
Quote Reply
Re: What's your setup for watching live Kona coverage? [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
What time does this start UK time? Facebook is my only option to watch this in the UK?

It’s the ONLY option to watch it worldwide.
Quote Reply

Prev Next