Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Oct. 8 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

Happy Thanksgiving Monday to the Canadians.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Oct 8, 18 10:58
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 8 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
primary goal this week... already Friday... has been to rack up more days of healthy coping mechanisms only. And get some swimming in, and at least 1 ride.
Healthy coping mechanisms for 11 of the past 12 days. Fri night I stress-ate.
I did get some swimming in, and I did a short bike errand.
Also took a day off from running and did not use any unhealthy coping mechanisms to kill anxiety/stress. That is the first time in a very long time I have managed to deal w/o running and I am SUPER proud.

M: 5.3 mi run + 775 yd swim
T: 7.8 mi run
W: 8.5 mi run
T: 5 mi run + 2175 yd swim
F: 7 mi run + 475 yd swim
S: 8.1 mi run, 1+ mi walk
S: 2 mi bike

lots of good things last week; one was that Sat. walk was with a friend at Lake Hefner - had never been before - nice!

goals for this week:
long run (done this AM)
ride at least 2x
swim 5x
run speed workout

Hope everyone is well.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Thanksgiving to my northern neighbors and thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik.

I took my "all clear" from the doctors and signed up for a local sprint. I was nervous to get back to it but wanted to rip the metaphorical band-aid off. The race went fine and other than some jarring on the bumpy roads my shoulder felt fine. Not a PR but not the ER and I'm so relieved to have a race under my belt. WHEW!

I'm signed up for a 70.3 in December, so I'm going to start structured work toward -- I have three trips over the next two weeks so it'll be more swimming and running than biking but I'm hoping for a few good rides to continue feeling better (mentally) on the bike outside.

Happy training Womens!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadiennes!

Hope all is well with everyone, especially if you got today as a day off from work/play/etc.

Dr. Tigerchik, you are awesome for making it through the past 12 days with healthy coping. I hope things become more peaceful for you soon.

SoCal, Congrats on your tri! Awesome that you signed up for a HIM as well. Happy training!

Quote:
This week's goals: Get comfortable with my new plan

M- 85min ride, 20min run brick
Tu- 4mi run
W- 45min ride w/race intervals, 20min run brick
Th- 1800yd swim test I HIT A PERSONAL BEST FOR MY TIME TRIAL WOO
F- rest and travel day
Sa- Seagull Century (and a short run brick because I'm a masochist) I HIT A PERSONAL BEST FOR MY CENTURY WOO

Su- easy recovery swim- Didn't happen (pool was closed for a meet), but went for a lovely walk with the hubs instead.

I'd say it was a good week. I am loving the feedback and adjustments from my coach already. Otherwise, it was a calm week, which was much appreciated. Lots of travel and insanity on the near horizon.

This week's goal- Kick some ass at my tri this weekend.

M- 45min zwift and 30min run brick
Tu- 2000yd swim
W- 30min ride and 3mi run brick
Th- 45min dress rehearsal
F- rest
Sa- Oly tri! Which is the consolation prize tri for being displaced from IMNC.
Su- rest

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 8 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I took my "all clear" from the doctors and signed up for a local sprint. I was nervous to get back to it but wanted to rip the metaphorical band-aid off. The race went fine and other than some jarring on the bumpy roads my shoulder felt fine. Not a PR but not the ER and I'm so relieved to have a race under my belt. WHEW!

Great job! I laughed at "pr not er", will remember that.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 8 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. C, congrats on your PRs!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Fire Prevention Week to The Womens. Please check your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors and practice your home escape plans!

Last week went well: 2 bikes, 3 swims, 3 runs. No hiking in the mountains because everything was super icy but we had a relaxing time away and somebody else cooked my Thanksgiving turkey!

This week: Busy week at work because it's FPW. Plan = 3 x swim/bike/run. I also noticed an uptick in my weight over the last couple of months, mostly linked to an increase in "Oh let's have some wine with dinner" and poorly planned lunches leading to lots of sandwiches and chips, so time to get that back under control. I need to meal prep lunches like I do breakfast but struggle with eating the same thing every day for lunch (not a problem for breakfast though).

Well done SoCal on the return to racing, Dr TC for persevering with your healthy coping mechanisms (hope the stressful period passes soon) and Dr Cupcake on what sounds like a pretty decent week!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy belated Thanksgiving to my neighbors to the south... haha (from Detroit).

Yay Dr. T for those healthy coping mechanisms!
Yay for the race, SoCal!
Yay for personal bests, Dr. C!
Thank you for the smoke detector reminders, Scheherazade. I meal prep breakfasts and lunches but I am boring and don't mind eating the same thing (usually a giant salad) every day for lunch.

Midtown Miles wrote:
My knee has continued to feel mostly fine as I increase mileage, so I restarted my Trainer Road account this week, thinking I would ease into it. Easier said than done, because once I saw that FTP line it was ON. Haha! I did some thinking and set a few goals for the rest of the year assuming all continues to go well: get back into my Trainer Road rides, log a sub-27:00 5K per my new-ish Garmin, and complete 100 workouts (including PT sessions) between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31. Getting serious about returning to swimming continues to elude me -- I had a dream last night that I decided to do a triathlon and just wing the swim part; I'm not sure what that says about my subconscious feelings about triathlon. I also want to continue to build running mileage (and reduce the amount of walking between intervals) and think about a spring half marathon. I've never actually raced a half marathon so that could be a fun new challenge! Our treadmill is getting a bit rusty so my husband and I are considering investing in a top of the line treadmill as a combined birthday/Christmas present for both of us, to get us through the Michigan winter.

My knee continues to feel mostly fine after I restarted my Trainer Road account last week. I do occasionally get some sensation deep in the joint, but it's not really pain. I am keeping a close eye on it. I managed 8 "workouts" (runs, rides, and a barre class, but I'm also counting PT and yoga) toward my 100 before the end of the year goal. It was a much less stressful week last week, and I am starting to feel more like myself. I even got to enjoy an entire day dedicated to college football on Saturday.

No big goals for this week, just some runs and rides, my PT a few times, a long trainer ride and a longer lifting session on Saturday while watching KONA!, at least one yoga session, and really trying to make it to the pool once.

Thank you also Dr. T for the treadmill recommendation. I don't think I could talk my husband into a Woodway but I would LOVE one!

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply