Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good point. don't get me wrong, I think top-10 is amazing and Gwen is amazing.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like she picked up the pace slightly which is good. I do think it is better for her confidence to do even splits rather than going out in 2:25 pace and blowing up, but I was still expecting a 4-5 min faster time.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, presumably she could have showed up at a mid-tier race and cleaned house. she chose a fast race with a tough field for a reason!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not at all concerned with her results, or winning a smaller race... I'm concerned that her marathon potential is much closer to 2:26 than 2:36 which she might run today if she fades. I'm thinking long term.

iron_mike wrote:
yeah, presumably she could have showed up at a mid-tier race and cleaned house. she chose a fast race with a tough field for a reason!

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tough field? do you really think that sarah crouch is going to be her competition in atlanta (and she can't even run with her)? this is the softest american women's field in chicago in years because of injuries.
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
15sec/mi fade at 35km... ruh-roh

oscaro wrote:
Looks like she picked up the pace slightly which is good. I do think it is better for her confidence to do even splits rather than going out in 2:25 pace and blowing up, but I was still expecting a 4-5 min faster time.

Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are any non-american women allowed to do marathons?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
6:27/mi for 35-40km... who had mid-2:30s in the prediction thread?

Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [Alice82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you might be right

Alice82 wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [THRILLHO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alice82, Yeti racer, and fruit thief are still in the running....

THRILLHO wrote:
nbrowne1 wrote:
Guesses:

doug in co 2:21:36 hadukla 2:23:46 Brandes 2:24:40 nc452010 2:24:53 monty 2:25:33 ericMPro 2:25:47 joggernut 2:26:03 FFigawi 2:26:42 oscaro 2:26:49 logella 2:27:13 Mike Plumb 2:27:23 JackStraw13 2:27:27 Alfredo 2:28:14 nickwhite 2:28:28 Lock_N_Load 2:28:31 juanillo 2:29:00 nbrowne1 2:29:30 Rocky M 2:29:36 tttiltheend 2:29:45 mbwallis 2:29:46 Fleck 2:30:00 Experior 2:30:00 talbotcox 2:31:00 HeartRN 2:31:05 Run Jim 2:31:08 Chadwick 2:31:18 Sanuk 2:32:00 narcomoeba 2:33:20 Alice82 2:35:50 Yeti racer 2:36:58 fruit thief 2:38:00 hobbyjogger DNF endoverend DNF

I'll say 2:25:57. It would be a heck of a time for her, and that number also reminds me of a Married with Children episode.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alice82 wrote:

Close! She’ll get there - sub 2.30 would have been incredible in only her second marathon.

http://www.goalicego.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [Yeti racer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeti racer wrote:
2:36:58

Looks like you were the closest. Finish time was 2:36:23. Congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2.36, very good time for a female triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't Alice82 closest?

logella wrote:
Yeti racer wrote:
2:36:58

Looks like you were the closest. Finish time was 2:36:23. Congrats!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Uh oh. Upon further analysis you may be the winner.

Finish time was 2:36:23 so you were 33 second under.

Yeti predicted a 2:36:58 and was 35 seconds over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2.36.23...yeti racer and fruit thief guessed better than the others...
Anyway, from km.30 her pace was 4m/km. just blown out...
Still wish her the best...yet to come

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, just corrected it. Very close contest. Looks like many of us were overly optimistic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I’d rather run a 2.36 than win a guessing game but it’s the little victories, haha.

Well dones to all for having a punt. Excellent performance, Yeti ;)

http://www.goalicego.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GJ is as far from a gold medal in the marathon in 2020 as I am.

There is no way to spin this as anything other than a complete disaster. It was clear she wasn’t going with the leaders and had her goal as more like a 2:30, and even that was well beyond her today. As far as American womwen’s marathoning goes, she’s a non-factor with a good PR machine. My (female) training partner is faster than she is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mean it makes sense... Gwen pulls out of triathlon, commits to run training, goes all-in on the marathon... and only improves less than five minutes vs her debut at NYC just 9 weeks after rio. NYC being the harder and slower course.

I think we wanted to believe there was a lot more run potential there, but it seems she was pretty well optimized at Rio.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is this amazing? She ran 2:41 in her debut with minimal training. A 2:36 i would consider pretty concerning after a year with Bowerman. Is it even qualifying time for trials?
I am a fan and i guess i expected a lot more. I assumed she would break 2:30.
Last edited by: Pat0: Oct 7, 18 8:20
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [fat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fat wrote:
What's up with most of the men wearing the same shoes? Are these the vapor fly knit whatever? The pink shoes.

Yep
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MadTownTRI wrote:
I mean it makes sense... Gwen pulls out of triathlon, commits to run training, goes all-in on the marathon... and only improves less than five minutes vs her debut at NYC just 9 weeks after rio. NYC being the harder and slower course.

I think we wanted to believe there was a lot more run potential there, but it seems she was pretty well optimized at Rio.

And all the Tri peeps are still going to think that. Is there better than 2:36 potential? I believe so. I think GJ can challenge sub 2:30 but Olympic gold never. As far as the current state of US marathoning I would not put any money on her making the team.
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [OldFart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. I guess i bought in to the hype. And hope. I wish her luck but i wonder if she has plan B?
Quote Reply
Re: Predict Gwen's Chicago Marathon Time [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kudos to Jorgensen for chasing a new dream. Time for a nice vacation, maybe in Kona?
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Oct 7, 18 8:28
Quote Reply

Prev Next