Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Oct. 1
Quote | Reply
how are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 1 [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week: Keep pretending that IMNC is going to happen.

Good lord I am hilarious. Well, we all know IMNC got canceled this week, and I was pretty upset for about a day. But then I found a closer, but shorter tri to kind of make up for it on the 13th. Let's hit the reset button on that because the rest of my week was FAR more interesting.

1. I have a new coach! She's local, is a silver medal world champion, and also coaches many others to Team USA/World Champion status/meaningful AWA status. She also has experience in dealing with hormonal issues, and is just a great data-driven, ambitious, caring person. I am over the moon to be able to work with her.

2. I volunteered for IMMD as a finish line catcher and saw many of our ST athletes rock their days. I got to medal Sean H! I also got to hang out with Mike Reilly, who was not at Louisville last year when I did my first IM, and when I told him how bummed I was that NO ONE EVEN SAID IT when I crossed the line, he gave me my very own You Are An Ironman. I swear, those four words are up there with hearing my full name called to get hooded and getting proposed to by my husband.

3. I'm feeling better! A week on a new HRT plan and I'm finally rebounding. It took me entirely too long to realize I was relapsing. I felt off for about half of the week, but then had a surge in energy and am feeling closer to normal again. Phew. Hormones suck.

This week's goals: Get comfortable with my new plan

M- 85min ride, 20min run brick
Tu- 4mi run
W- 45min ride w/race intervals, 20min run brick
Th- 1800yd swim test
F- rest and travel day
Sa- Seagull Century (and a short run brick because I'm a masochist)
Su- easy recovery swim

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you are well Dr TC.
Dr_Cupcake - hurray for a new coach and more energy!

I managed 4 swims, 3 trainerroad rides and 3 runs last week. The pool was gloriously cool on Wednesday and then progressively got hotter. By Saturday it was 29C which was more than a little challenging. This morning it was 31.3C (88.3F) so I told the lifeguard that I was refusing to swim in water that hot and came home and did a rage fuelled 1h45m trainer ride instead.

Plan:
swim x 3 (depending on pool temperature and/or my willingness to drive an hour each way to a pool)
run x 3 (maybe replace one with a hike in the mountains)
bike x 3 (one done; any suggestions for movies longer than 1h45m? I watched Molly's Game during today's ride)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 1 [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! And yikes, that water sounds miserable. We are triathletes, not dumplings! I'm glad you were able to adjust your schedule and got some quality work in.

As far as movies on the trainer go, I like action/comedy stuff, nothing too dramatic or sappy. Lately I've rewatched Airplane! Blues Brothers, Talledega Nights, and Deadpool

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 1 [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
We are triathletes, not dumplings!

Thank you for making me giggle; I needed it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik -- hope you're doing well.
Scheherazade, great work! Glad to see you in action.
Dr. Cupcake, congrats on the new coach and thanks for the laughs -- sometimes I feel like a dumpling :D

Everything is fine. I travel too much for work but I'm getting training in and I feel like I've turned a corner on my recovery. Here are two updates:
1. I had my last surgical follow-up from my accident -- my bones are almost 100% healed and it's close enough that I don't have to return until a year from my accident. I'm still a "fall risk" so I have to avoid high risk activities like climbing and skiing but I'm all clear for triathlon!
2. I swam two 1 mile legs in a rough water swim event. I was slow, it was hard, and I was an out of shape ball of nerves but I got it done. This was big physical and mental hurdle for me.
I am happy! I am relieved! And I am nervous because I now have no excuse not to get back at it with some gusto.

Happy training Womens.

[Fixing that crazy formatting!]

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Last edited by: SoCalTricurious: Oct 3, 18 8:54
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 1 [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw the picture from the OWS - you look strong! Well done on getting it done and hurray for being cleared for all things triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is fantastic news! YAY!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Scheherazade and Dr_Cupcake.

While I'd prefer to anonymously race ten states away, I'm looking at fall races in the area (and will probably end up in SLO's neck of the woods).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
Dr_Cupcake wrote:
We are triathletes, not dumplings!

Thank you for making me giggle; I needed it.

Me too! heehee

Yay to all the womens slaying it!

I survived last week. It was our biggest work week/weekend of the year and I knew I wouldn't get a whole lot of other stuff done, but I managed two trainer rides and two runs, rounding out at 50 running miles for the month again.

My knee has continued to feel mostly fine as I increase mileage, so I restarted my Trainer Road account this week, thinking I would ease into it. Easier said than done, because once I saw that FTP line it was ON. Haha! I did some thinking and set a few goals for the rest of the year assuming all continues to go well: get back into my Trainer Road rides, log a sub-27:00 5K per my new-ish Garmin, and complete 100 workouts (including PT sessions) between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31. Getting serious about returning to swimming continues to elude me -- I had a dream last night that I decided to do a triathlon and just wing the swim part; I'm not sure what that says about my subconscious feelings about triathlon. I also want to continue to build running mileage (and reduce the amount of walking between intervals) and think about a spring half marathon. I've never actually raced a half marathon so that could be a fun new challenge! Our treadmill is getting a bit rusty so my husband and I are considering investing in a top of the line treadmill as a combined birthday/Christmas present for both of us, to get us through the Michigan winter.

I hope everyone is having a great week.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals this week are a day off from running (today), swim at least 5k, bike at least twice.

my last week:
day off from running CHECK!
swim at least 5k - swam 5x for a total of 4300 yds, which is more than the week before
bike at least twice - rode once, 4 mi erranding
run total 41 mi in 6 runs (0, 8, 5, 6.5, 4.5, 10, 7)
also one 5 km walk.

I've had a lot of anxiety lately but have been dealing with it in healthy ways, and I'm very proud of myself for that. I'm up to 9 days in a row of healthy coping mechanisms only. This is no small feat.

primary goal this week... already Friday... has been to rack up more days of healthy coping mechanisms only. And get some swimming in, and at least 1 ride.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
he gave me my very own You Are An Ironman. I swear, those four words are up there with hearing my full name called to get hooded and getting proposed to by my husband.

That's awesome.

I didn't do graduation - but the feeling for me post-defense was up there with other life highs. Mostly I think I enjoyed the new jokes I could make like "lets watch House! HE'S A DOCTOR TOO!"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SoCal, awesome on the near 100% healed and the swims!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Oct. 1 [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
re:Treadmill - woodways are TOTALLY WORTH IT. I do almost all my running on one; I am fortunate that we have those at the gym. They're great.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Great job getting after your fitness goals but a standing ovation for executing and taking pride in healthy coping -- that's not easy, keep at it!

The young son of a PhD Economist I worked with once told me: "My Dad is a doctor who can't help anyone."
It still cracks me up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes! I told people that I'm a doctor but more like Dr. Who, and not Dr. House, haha.

I'm glad you've been taking care of yourself. That is amazing, and important above any other goal. We're proud of you for healthy coping! We're also here for you, to cheerlead your healthiness or anything else you might need.

Quote Reply