Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 404 wheel set with DT Swiss 240s hubs- old rim shape/ tubular
Quote | Reply
Zipp 404 custom built wheels- $800 shipped or best offer

Zipp 404 Tubular rim- pre dimpled rim shape
DT Swiss 240s hubs (pretty much the Porsche 911 of bicycle hubs)
20 spoke front wheel / 24 spoke rear wheel
Black, double butted spokes (unsure of gauge and I think they are DT Swiss)
red anodized nipples

tires: Continental sprinter tires. Glued with Continental tubular glue for carbon rims

Cassette: Sram PG 1170 11-28 (11 speed cassette)

I bought these wheels on slowtwitch years ago. The seller custom built them for cyclocross, but never used them. I bought them as I liked the higher spoke count than the normal Zipp production wheels and the DT Swiss hubs were the winning ticket for me. They have seen maybe 300 miles in all of the years I owned them. The front wheel saw a little more use as I used it for 2 ironman events. I used a Zipp 808 as my rear wheel, so the rear 404 was not used.

Wheels literally look brand new, except for a few nicks on the paint of the outside flange of the front hub.

Since my new bike is disc brake, I am parting out my S-Works Tarmac and selling wheels I have that are not disc brake compatible. Check my other listings. Lots of good gear here!

Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 404 wheel set with DT Swiss 240s hubs- old rim shape/ tubular [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 404 wheel set with DT Swiss 240s hubs- old rim shape/ tubular [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the spokes bladed?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 404 wheel set with DT Swiss 240s hubs- old rim shape/ tubular [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Round. It will cost you 1 second over 112 miles. :(

Unproven in the wind tunnel to support my data.

Although, the red spoke nipples will get you phone numbers from hot chicks at the bike dismount at transition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump-

Act soon, or they are going on eBay folks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sold on eBay
Quote Reply