Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this new paint on the standard frames or are they switching up the paint jobs on the project one builds? The premium for some of the paint jobs in the UK makes my eyes water (ÂŁ1100/$1500) and the standard colours are so-so although the blue sparkly one looks interesting
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m pretty sure they are in the process of updating the Project One paint schemes. I just wish they were a bit more uniform on colors offered across their lines. I would love to get a matching Top Fuel and Speed Concept.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davidwilcock wrote:
Is this new paint on the standard frames or are they switching up the paint jobs on the project one builds? The premium for some of the paint jobs in the UK makes my eyes water (ÂŁ1100/$1500) and the standard colours are so-so although the blue sparkly one looks interesting

Its kinda of a general question on paint on the Trek's. I did just contact customer service: they gave me the line of position matters more and he was going to get back to me on specifics.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, but I've heard of a significant CDA penalty for excessive sideburn length.

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jlentzke wrote:
No, but I've heard of a significant CDA penalty for excessive sideburn length.

DOH

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Look at Formula 1. Red Bull has been using Matte paint for years on their cars and Seb Vettel won 4 championships in those cars. Matte vs Gloss does not matter because if it did, you'd see all gloss or matte on those cars.
Last edited by: SiRcivic27: Sep 29, 18 13:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
There is none. There is no effect of paint texture so long as the peak to trough difference of the surface roughness is less than the height of the boundary layer.

That said, the matte paint finish is almost impossible to keep clean and smudge free.

Not that I did not believe you but I had reached out to trek the same day, I did get a email back from them saying they have tested in the wind tunnel: sanded down/raw finish, gloss, matte finishes on carbon and aluminium and discovered there was no aerodynamic benefits to any of those finishes.

How hard is it to keep the matte smug free? Whats best ways to clean it? I am doing matte on a bike I mainly plan to race on so dont plan ton of miles or crap getting on it, but I would like to keep it pretty.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very difficult. Look, I baby my bikes to an absurd extent: race bikes always ride inside, always travel in a Scicon hard case with a custom foam cutout, I only let one mechanic work on them (when it’s stuff I don’t feel comfortable with), etc. That said I have a matte black SC and the paint has some “oil” marks. Basically it looks like someone dropped oil on or smudged the paint. What happens with matte paint is that you can inadvertently smooth it out by handling it and there’s no way to reverse that.

If you like a clean bike go with a glossy finish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Very difficult. Look, I baby my bikes to an absurd extent: race bikes always ride inside, always travel in a Scicon hard case with a custom foam cutout, I only let one mechanic work on them (when it’s stuff I don’t feel comfortable with), etc. That said I have a matte black SC and the paint has some “oil” marks. Basically it looks like someone dropped oil on or smudged the paint. What happens with matte paint is that you can inadvertently smooth it out by handling it and there’s no way to reverse that.

If you like a clean bike go with a glossy finish.

So if you had to do it over........You would not go matte is what I am hearing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Correct. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a stunning bike and tons of people complement it (even random people “that looks like a stealth bomber on wheels”) but the OCD side of me is driven nuts by smudges and the risk of smudges.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check with tririg.com. Great company. I know they do make headset parts specifically for Trek SC. Their only means of communication is through email but they are quick to respond.

CP78 wrote:
I've had trouble locating the aerobar pad holders for the 2011 Speed Concept 7.0. Will any after market ones fit this?

It was broken through tribike transport on it's way to IM Canada, they said they would cover replacement cost, but cannot find it. Would appreciate a link or part number, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now you tell me..... lol
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Now you tell me..... lol

Decisions! HA

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2 matte black Trek's....crap load of miles on each and no smudges like spoken of. Windex is what i use to clean it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matte looks so good tho!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Evening folks. Ah, the holy grail - being able to ask this thread a question!

I am now a Speed Concept owner and need some advice. I’m looking to add some height at the front - just wondering how straight forward changing the spacer is on mechanical gearing? Am I going to need to do some rewiring if I’m changing the spacer?

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [pedaldancer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it’s mechanical then yes. If it’s Di2 then it’s much easier.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ye, your wire goes through the spacer. To change spacer you need to remove 1 break and two speed shifting cables with the housing, then put it back. Get good tools for the internal cable routing, its a bit pain in the ass.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys, think I’ll drop it in to my LBS to avoid any drama!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [pedaldancer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have an Ergo Long or S Bend Mono Extension they are looking to get rid of? I have an Ergo Short and need more length! Willing to buy or trade. Thanks for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Rossguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM Sent
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Rossguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone is interested.. I am selling my 2013 Trek SC 9.5 (the now rare 9-Series frame). I am in Houston.

CL link w/pics: https://houston.craigslist.org/...t-95/6716924019.html

2013 Trek Speed Concept 9.5
- Size Medium (165-177cm)

$2400 - Frame & components (without wheels)
- Bicycle Blue Book Value = $6090

$1500 - Brand New Cantu R5C (50mm) Carbon Clinchers - zero miles.
- New Vittoria Tires. Shimano 11-32 cassette. 11 Speed.

Frame & Components Included:
- Rare 9 Series frame (7 Series frames only available now)
- Power2Max Type S Powermeter (Used less than a year)
- Shimano Ultergra components
- 11-Speed
- Rotor 3D 165mm cranks
- ISM Road seat
- Draft box and Speed Box
- Shimano Dura-Ace pedals
- I have original headset spacers - additional spacers

Awesome bike. Solid ride. It has taken me through a few Ironman journeys. Make me an offer.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone tell me what the max reach is on the current gen Large Speed concept?
I'm not a SC owner but considering a build in the off season. Im guessing a low/ far stem but not sure what# u can hit
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Trigirl357] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This should be moved, in wrong section.

Quote Reply

Prev Next