Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Video with Sarah True #konaseries
Quote | Reply
Hello ST,

Today I am following Sarah True on a swim bike and run session today. What do you guys want to see and what questions do you have for her?

Question: I plan to do daily videos starting Monday. Would you guys care if I posted a new topic for each athlete or should we make on thread for the whole Kona series. Just dont want to clog it up. Thoughts? Dan?
Quote Reply
Re: Video with Sarah True #konaseries [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lots of shots of the new Specialized ;)

Seriously, just keep doing what you are doing besides that...such amazing work. Kona stoke is high!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would ask her if she has any plan to swim with Lucy(or even if she thinks she could burning a match or two) and if she has a plan to ride with Ryf when she comes by, knowing that Lucy probably will too. After the 70.3 WC it seems to me that Lucy feels she can do that again, and at the very least will go a long time behind her before dropping off to gain time on the runners.

So basically, ask her to give us her pre race strategy for the womens race...
Quote Reply
Re: Video with Sarah True #konaseries [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on Monty, this is Slowtwitch. She doesn't give us her pre-race strategy...WE give it to her.
Quote Reply
Re: Video with Sarah True #konaseries [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I kind of did, or at least what I think she ought to try to do in my first statements. That is why I asked them in detail, just in case she hadn't though about them...(-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Posted this on the Lionel Thread when you said you were interviewing Sarah:

Ask Sarah if she is going to swim out to the red buoy in St. George again and hang out there with the red buoy club. Also ask her if she decided to switch her tires to Turbo Cottons (bummer she flatted in 70.3 WCs) and start running a disc because two guys were giving her a hard time before her St. George race. :)

She is super awesome and nice. My fav pro women for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do her preconceptions about Kona and the pre-race scene on the island compare to what she's experienced since arriving on the island. Thanks for the interview. I really enjoy her perspective.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is LCHF. I would like to hear her nutrition strategy. Anything different from her qualification Ironman or will she repeat her nutrition since it worked so well.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Video with Sarah True #konaseries [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I follow her on Strava which is great and I am curious what her thoughts are on indoor vs outdoor riding. She seems to ride almost exclusively outdoors. I am also curious if she does any run training with her husband.
Quote Reply
Re: Video with Sarah True #konaseries [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, he did listen to you it seems!

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: Video with Sarah True #konaseries [SrSalitre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed!

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm curious to hear about her nutrition strategy as well.

A few questions about the bike:
-What size frame?
-How long has she been on it?
-How does she like it?
-How is it to travel with?

Great work btw. Love the galleries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where did you find the video or pictures at?
Quote Reply
Re: Video with Sarah True #konaseries [LSchmitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can find them in the Sarah True gallery in Talbotcox.com

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SrSalitre wrote:
You can find them in the Sarah True gallery in Talbotcox.com

There doesn't seem to be a gallery for Sarah. Can you post a pic of the bike here?
Quote Reply
Re: Video with Sarah True #konaseries [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They've all been removed from another thread, so I'm guessing they might not be allowed right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Video with Sarah True #konaseries [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It has been taken down apparently, I can imagine Specialized being mad at Cox and True...
Let me check if I have something in my phone.

EDIT: well I don’t think it makes sense posting them, and have them removed in 5 minutes.

Sr. Salitre
Last edited by: SrSalitre: Sep 30, 18 11:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SrSalitre wrote:
It has been taken down apparently, I can imagine Specialized being mad at Cox and True...
Let me check if I have something in my phone.

EDIT: well I don’t think it makes sense posting them, and have them removed in 5 minutes.

Well, I would love to see them for 5min :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
talbotcox wrote:
Hello ST,

Today I am following Sarah True on a swim bike and run session today. What do you guys want to see and what questions do you have for her?

Question: I plan to do daily videos starting Monday. Would you guys care if I posted a new topic for each athlete or should we make on thread for the whole Kona series. Just dont want to clog it up. Thoughts? Dan?

No question for her, but wanted to add to this thread that Sarah is one of the nicest people I have met in multisport. She was Sarah Groff at the time and was racing HyVee in Des Moines a few years back. She was very approachable and spent a lot of time chatting with my wife and two kids a few hours before her race. She was very inspirational to the kids and I think exchanged email addresses with my daughter who was probably 12 or 13 at the time. I really hope she does well in Kona. My kids have both gone on to excel in individual as well as multisport. I think a big part of that for my daughter at least was encouragement from Sarah when she was at a formative age.
Quote Reply
Re: Video with Sarah True #konaseries [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jpay wrote:
My fav pro women for sure.

Certainly sounds like she's more than a woman to you ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When's this go up dog?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the questions Sarah was so much fun!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done. Really pulling for her, she seems like such a great down-to-earth person.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You going to load up the Lucy Charles video tomorrow? I liked it...I'm pulling for her although I wouldn't mind seeing Sarah win too.
Quote Reply
Re: Video with Sarah True #konaseries [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoelO wrote:
You going to load up the Lucy Charles video tomorrow? I liked it...I'm pulling for her although I wouldn't mind seeing Sarah win too.

My sentiments exactly: I liked both Sarah's and Lucy's videos. Would be great to see both of them, and Michelle Vesterbie, on the podium.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply

Prev Next