Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wondering what the "elite" or "expert" models would be spec'd/priced at?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
To be honest, based on the specs I saw the pricing isn’t crazy. Don’t get me wrong, at $10,000 it’s still a very very expensive bike (heck, you can buy a car for less) but you’re getting a complete package. The components and my price estimates:
-Dura Ace Di2 Hydraulic $3,000
-S Works Cranks and Power Meter $2,000
-Roval disc wheel: $1,500
-Roval CLX 64 front wheel: $1,000

That leaves $2,500 for an “S-Works” frame and cockpit. Not too bad, honestly.

...and yes, I know, people here have assembled “equivalent” bikes for 1/3 the price.

Agree! Just wanted to give an ack that I too heard a very realistic rumor that it's coming. Maybe time to send the 2012 shiv into retirement!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [maarten.claes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the hype on this bike is more than the P5-X. I can't wait!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BeardedWonder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BeardedWonder wrote:
Wondering what the "elite" or "expert" models would be spec'd/priced at?

My best guess would be to look at the new Venge and Tarmac for guidance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
To be honest, based on the specs I saw the pricing isn’t crazy. Don’t get me wrong, at $10,000 it’s still a very very expensive bike (heck, you can buy a car for less) but you’re getting a complete package. The components and my price estimates:

...and yes, I know, people here have assembled “equivalent” bikes for 1/3 the price.

you're off in price by a lot
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

I've heard figures around 15k euro... more hoping 10k dollar tbh :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Di2 and PM/cranks are cheaper than that. Wheels, probably too.

This thread is going to be on fire in just a few days...

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [SrSalitre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SrSalitre wrote:
Di2 and PM/cranks are cheaper than that. Wheels, probably too.

This thread is going to be on fire in just a few days...

I’m talking about “retail” prices for those items.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me too: cranks w/pm and praxis rings are listed for 1.100€ in the EU site

Sr. Salitre
Last edited by: SrSalitre: Sep 28, 18 14:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:

I believe MSRP is $13k for the Sworks and 9k for the Expert. If that isn't "crazy pricing" then I am not sure what is.

Quote | Reply
maarten.claes wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

I've heard figures around 15k euro... more hoping 10k dollar tbh :-)

I've been told to reserve US $14K, plus tax of course. The first run should sell out quickly.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

I believe MSRP is $13k for the Sworks and 9k for the Expert. If that isn't "crazy pricing" then I am not sure what is.

I'm sorry but that's just nuts. I was told "around $10,000" for the aforementioned build. That was by a salesman who has been selling Specialized bikes for >10 years. I thought $10,000 was "acceptable" given the build. However, $13,000 is just crazy. For that price it better come with a travel case and some wind tunnel time at Morgan Hill.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
gregtay wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

I'm sorry but that's just nuts. I was told "around $10,000" for the aforementioned build. That was by a salesman who has been selling Specialized bikes for >10 years. I thought $10,000 was "acceptable" given the build. However, $13,000 is just crazy. For that price it better come with a travel case and some wind tunnel time at Morgan Hill.

You should be able to walk in to your shop and place an order now from what I understand (but you won't really know what you are getting other than size and which of the two color choices.) And yes.. $13xxx... I sort of stopped listening after the "thirteen thousand" part.. but per the post above it might have been $13999.. but hey, what's another K, right. That was the MSRP price and what I expect you will see on specialized.com very soon. The new Venge is $12.5k for the sWorks version... Sagan edition is $13,250.) and a Tarmac is 12k. And really a Shiv comes with a ton more stuff then those bikes (all the aero storage, hydration, aero bar setup, etc... so it would seem logical that the Shiv would be more than the Venge. I remember then I thought $6k for an SWorks Transition in 2008 was a lot of cash for a bike 8-O. Whatever the case.. I hope the new Shiv is awesome and I am sure I will end up with one eventually to replace my current Shiv. I prefer the module route and building up my own creation.

Quote | Reply
Just saw an instagram post with a spy shot of the supposed new shiv...has everything talked about in an earlier post - disc, folding/ central post bars, and a behind the seattube hydration...if this is it, im out. Things ugly, bruh.

I was honestly just really looking foward to the old frame design with disc added...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every new superbike has that kind of pricing these days. At least it sounds like this one comes with a powermeter and a disc as stock. Why is this pricing crazy, in the context of the market?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BeardedWonder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [c.mont.811] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank god I bought the old model. Damn that’s heinous.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep in mind that’s likely a small or XS frame. The rear hydration won’t be as ungainly on a larger frame as it will like up with the top tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. Basically destroyed the innovation they had.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol. wait until the actual release before judging the bike

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that's really it...it's a really strange hydration solution (to me). I can't imagine all that tubing, and the ability to refill the hydration on the fly (on the old Shiv) was a big plus. That seems like a long way for the drink to travel. It seems rather "un-Specialized" to me. I was expecting a similar, but more refined, hydration solution on the new shiv.

It also doesn't look very polished, so hopefully this photo is a skunkworks prototype.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The data will be interesting, even if it is cooked. IMO, it looks like they poached ideas from Trek mostly. Dat fork doe...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [ParallelsTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like what I saw. The hydration on the back may have been too big for Sarah's bike. We will know soon!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
lol. wait until the actual release before judging the bike

I agree. I saw all the photos over the weekend and as a previous Transition rider and a current Shiv rider I was a little disappointed in what I initially saw but I am going to believe the comments on ST by those who have actually seen the thing that there is a ton of innovation and it looks better than we all think. I am guessing it is super light (for a tri bike) and the numbers are going to show it is very fast. I love my current Shiv but really wish it wasn't such a high stack bike... looks that they fixed that for sure. The new Shiv is very different from the new P5x or the Andean design trend and I am going to trust that the wizards in Morgan Hill know what they are doing and they came up with a bike that people are going to win on (and love the design and features.) Am I ready to walk in today and hand over a check for (gulp) $14k... no. But my dealer has a black/hologram on order in my size and I will be there the day is shows up to check it out.

Does anyone know details on the "other" color they are offering?... "Sunset" or something like that? Chameleon doesn't seem to be a launch color (the color Sarah True is riding for Kona.)

Quote | Reply
Agreed. After seeing how heavy these non-traditional frames are with no apparent benefit, I'm glad they stayed with a regular frame.

Quote Reply

Prev Next