Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [paulmartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don´t worry about splashing via the straw - either the kink or the pointing upwards prevents that. The only thing you should do without bite valve is let the liquid in the straw flow back into the bottle before you stick it to the magnet.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [Blabelzabel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you put the splash rubber thing underneath the cover won't you have to loosen a screw everytime you want to clean this? I have one of these at home now and I'm unsure yet if its practical unless you only take it out for raceday.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [surrey85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surrey85 wrote:
If you put the splash rubber thing underneath the cover won't you have to loosen a screw everytime you want to clean this? I have one of these at home now...

Depends on whether you screw that cap or computer-mount in the cover or in the bottle... the latter would be, well, the second-best solution :-( However, don´t ask me - you are the one who has one at home ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [Blabelzabel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep you screw it right into the bottle, and its quite a long screw too. The cleaning of the bottle is probably going to get annoying very much very soon.

I've decided to keep the stem and the bottle anyway but it was a close call as all in all this product does have quite a few downsides to it.

My stem came without the screw in barrel adjuster cable stop and I don't know where to source one (in Germany), so thats a bit of a let down.
Also since I don't use a riser kit on my PD J5 bracket I've had to move my extensions quite a bit apart because otherwise the bottle wouldn't fit between the extensions. Before that I had my extensions a bit closer together so that my hands would touch. I'm not qualified to judge if that change in fit does impact aerodynamics in any significant way.

On a minor note I'm not exactly fond of the bottle being black (but I knew that beforehand and I'm not blaming PD for this design choice).
Last edited by: surrey85: Jun 23, 18 4:42
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [surrey85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does anyone know whether the Aeria hydration system is compatible with Syntace C3 aerobars?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [basti89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It depends on whether your basebar has enough clamping area to allow you to increase with of extensions center to center to about 10cm (in the c3's case this applies to the stem facing part of the extensions). If you can and are happy with how the armpads fit afterwards I see no reason why it wouldnt be compatible.
Last edited by: surrey85: Jun 23, 18 10:35
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the subsonic race 35a, is that little groove/channel on the bracket where wires would exit the bar? Can the angle of the cups (inward/outward) be adjusted like on the Aeria bracket?
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the channel is where the cables exit

All the armrests have rotation, thanks to the slotted holes (ergo shown below)

Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
There will be a flatter angle stem.

Could you disclose details (angle/stack, length, availability)?

Also would you know if PD has any plans to offer this (or a comparable) stem in a "non hydration but lighter" version? That, together with Svet/Wing Basebars that have cable-routing holes in the clamping-area, would be ultracool :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [Blabelzabel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The flatter stem project is on hold as it wasn't turning out to be any lighter.
There is stuff happening with stems, can't disclose anything but I'm always looking for ways to improve the products.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First, I am not a weight weenie when it comes to TT/tri bikes.

Has anyone confirmed that hefty 455 g weight of the 100mm stem version? For instance Canyon integrated stem 90mm on a Speedmax CF weights 240g. Where does the extra 200g come from?
I really like the idea of having finally a third party integrated front hydration system, BUT it adds some heavy weight too. This PD combo means ca. 880g , when compared to XLAB Torpedo Versa 500 /330g/ + standard stem 240g, one can save 300+ g.
I know, it is a trade-off.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [xoslic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of any base bar other than the full aeria ultimate bar that allows for fully internal routing through the aeria ultimate stem? I've tried searching a buch but couldn't find one.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [xoslic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes the 100mm stem is 455g. The weight compared to the canyon stem comes from changing the orientation of the faceplate to reduce frontal area. And from the dropped angle. Plus making it strong enough to hold the hydration.

Yes there is a weight tradeoff. You have to weigh that against a BTA usually being somewhere near aero neutral, vs the HSF Aeria being somewhat faster (depending on the frame)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My new covert op stem which just passed EN standard plus 20% in 110 mm length version comes in at 430 grams....
This excess weight is due to my open design with room for junction boxes, cables to always be accessed for travel, adjustment we were unable to safely make it lighter. We are still trying to explore some other material options like magnesium but for something as critical as a stem. safety comes before weight.

We will start taking pre orders in November for the stem.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s a great looking stem. I’d be all over it except for the angle. Not many TT frames fit me without a -17 though my fit and morphology probably put me in the minority of users.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
GreatScott wrote:
Can the AU be configured for a standard bottle BTA?

Yes, the bridge for the spacer pedestal can have a BTA attachment added.
You have fore/aft adjustment by choosing which of the squares locks into the hole on the bridge:

This is the same BTA mount that fits on the J5 bridge.
I realise that the instructions for the AU are sparse and that this sort of info should be covered, I shall be taking charge of improving the information for the bar.

The downside of any integrated bar is less flexibility compared to a modular setup. However, the AU narrows the differential to the point that there isn't a practical downside. The modular bars can get the pads slightly wider but we're talking 27 vs 29 cm so it's special case territory anyway. Obviously the cost is a non-trivial factor, but that mostly goes towards speed.

Hi,

I received my AU today :). One question about the bridge though. On other PD bars, it is recommended to install the bridge if the raisers are higher than 40mm for stability. Is this the same for the AU or do you only need to install the bridge if you want to install the BTA as well?

Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [nickwerner84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwerner84 wrote:
On other PD bars, it is recommended to install the bridge if the raisers are higher than 40mm for stability. Is this the same for the AU or do you only need to install the bridge if you want to install the BTA as well?

Yes, bridge recommended for above 40mm of spacers as you are getting into multiples (of spacers) so the bridge makes sure you don't get any wiggle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the quick reply! Much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mentioned a while back that there's a revision coming to the AU stem to help with the cable exit for straight pull brakes. Is this still in the works?
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
posted a pic in the other thread https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6759828#p6759828
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool. Is that stem in production now? You've mentioned it previously but I don't remember the answer: is there an internal stop so one could run bare cable to the brake?
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think production starts soon. I've seen a production version but I don't know if it was a sample or from a full run.
I live in the development space so the logistics side of things is a bit downstream - so I'm not great on availability/delivery questions.
There is a thread in stop so it is a barrel adjuster as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

me again :)

I have no installed the bridge. Assumingly it has to be in hte highest position (i.e. between the last spayer and the "pad adjustment spacer").

I have an etap and there is no great way of installing the blip box. I am thinking of using the bridge to install the blip box. This would also work with regard to the cable routing.

Now I am thinking of buying the HSF Hydration system but am somewhat sceptical whether or not the bridge would intervene with the bottle straw of the HSF: Any info on this?

Much appreciated,
Niklas
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [nickwerner84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The top of the bottle is 45mm above the centre of the bar. Hopefully that helps you work out if there will be enough clearance with blip box.

Yes, bridge should be in the highest possible location.

The satellite magnet for the HSF aeria can be installed in that square hole in the centre of the bridge - so the hose sits above the bridge rather than trying to thread it underneath each time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't the blip box use a Garmin 1/4 turn-style mount? If so, why not get a stem cap mount for the blip box, and run the wires through the Aeria stem? This would mean that the wires are almost invisible to the wind, the box is accessible, out of the way and as per Cyclenutz' diagram, it would likely sit out of the wind behind the hydration... (assuming it would fit there)

Last edited by: Stevie_A: Oct 18, 18 2:57
Quote Reply

Prev Next