Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whats your new p1 look like? Whats this sticker look like to? My old P1 frame had same chipping.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What paint scheme was this?

Ksavostin wrote:
I haven't ridden Aelous, but I'm quite happy with my HED's.
Made some pictures today:

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
What paint scheme was this?

Ksavostin wrote:
I haven't ridden Aelous, but I'm quite happy with my HED's.
Made some pictures today:

Vapor coat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

It’s the plastic frame protect that comes with bikes. I will probably get a set from lizard Skins

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Rossguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rossguy wrote:
Just joining the SC Family! Have a 2015 7.0 on the way from another awesome Slowtwitch member. First thing I am looking to do is replace the race lite cockpit for the Gen 2 cockpit with the mono extension. Anyone looking to sell theirs? I am unable to post in the classifieds section yet.

Hi, did you manage to do the swap? I am looking to buy a 2015 SC with the standard style front end. Local bike shop said I cannot upgrade the front end to the integrated system but looking online it seems I can buy the parts and do the upgrade.
Thanks
Last edited by: scott b: Sep 22, 18 5:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great color combo.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Sjurk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you take the stem cover off there is a marked area on the underside you can carefully dremel or remove for that di2 wiring to come through clean.
Sjurk wrote:
I've got a five-port, tied to the extention with some kind of rubber band:

Quote | Reply
Sorry to be late but I have a speed concept with a 4iii left 165mm ultegra pm and it works no problem!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Onion bhaji] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just dont see it happening, they have gone to the series 7 model only because they simply did not sell the series 9 enough. I was talking to a rep at IMWI about just this. His advice to me was if I wanted a series 9 was to hit up "ebay." Which I have done picking up a series 7 and a series 9, I am still looking to find a p1 series 9 frame in the colors I want just to hold onto it.

Onion bhaji wrote:
Thanks mate.

Another question, is there an updated model speed concept on the way in the next few months?

The 7.5 is now the only model so it kinda makes sense a new one will be dropping soon. Effectively replacing the old 9 series.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [crazyeng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Which version / generation is it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s a speed concept p1 2018, M size
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [crazyeng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [JustinInATX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cap is designed to break a piece away at the front, then the wires feed out from there.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tim O'Donnell announced On the Tim & Rinny show that Augusta 70.3 was his last race on his Current Trek SC and that there would be a sneak peak on Thursday of his Kona Bike - Can't wait to see it!
Last edited by: BRGUST65: Sep 23, 18 18:08
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [BRGUST65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BRGUST65 wrote:
Tim O'Donnell announced On the Tim & Rinny show that Augusta 70.3 was his last race on his Current Trek SC and that there would be a sneak peak on Thursday of his Kona Bike - Can't wait to see it!

I don’t know why he said that. He has already revealed it though I’m guessing he wasn’t supposed to. It was on his Instagram account but I can’t find it now.... it might have been an insta story. The new bike is just a different paint color. It’s white with red lettering. Nothing really new to see.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No new trek to see. We will only see new paint combos in 2019.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From a reliable source: no new SC for 2019, just new paint. Honestly it’s a great bike, they could probably add a lot of life to it by developing optimized aero bottles for the down tube and seat tube.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
From a reliable source: no new SC for 2019, just new paint. Honestly it’s a great bike, they could probably add a lot of life to it by developing optimized aero bottles for the down tube and seat tube.

If they just added ISOspeed and discs I would update. 5 damn tri's in the rain this year (grumbles). . . .
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious.... have you ridden isospeed? Does it really make a difference? Do you honestly feel the difference?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, on the Madone and Domane (I own both- I may have a bike problem. . .). I really like it especially on the sorts of roads I race and train on. I find it very effective.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Just curious.... have you ridden isospeed? Does it really make a difference? Do you honestly feel the difference?

Yes. I’ve ridden a Madone and it works beautifully. That said, I’m not sure it would be as effective with a steeper seat tube angle. Regardless, one long ride on a Madone is all you need to convince you that a bit of suspension would be very welcome on TT bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had trouble locating the aerobar pad holders for the 2011 Speed Concept 7.0. Will any after market ones fit this?

It was broken through tribike transport on it's way to IM Canada, they said they would cover replacement cost, but cannot find it. Would appreciate a link or part number, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Generation 1 7series. Is it possible for me to upgrade it to the integrated front end of the 9 series? Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if there is a cda/aero penalty for having a matte paint job vs a gloss paint job?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is none. There is no effect of paint texture so long as the peak to trough difference of the surface roughness is less than the height of the boundary layer.

That said, the matte paint finish is almost impossible to keep clean and smudge free.
Quote Reply

Prev Next