Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Giant Trinity Advanced 2019
Quote | Reply
I am amazed this bike isn't getting much attention...full ultegra di2 and a powermeter in a very aero package with hydration options included too. I also noticed in the geometry charts that the bar seems to have 50mm of height adjustment vs the 30 that was a previous complaint. In Canada where I live it is $6000 list which is $1000 less than a p3 with di2. I am researching a new bike for next season and keep coming back to this one. The one question I have is how easy do the bars come off for packing it to travel?
Quote Reply
Re: Giant Trinity Advanced 2019 [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the UK and have ordered one. Won't arrive till mid November in my size but it looks to be a real bargain, I agree.

Here we can't order a di2 version only R8000 but I've already purchased a new di2 groupset and will convert when it arrives. Really can't wait as I've never ridden a Tri bike before.

Not found anything definitive with the differences between the old and the new model. Do you know? I was thinking probably paint job only as it's cheaper than last years bike, well it is in the UK anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This bike is way under-rated and under-represented. I have a 2017 Advanced Pro 1 (orange/black). Disclaimer: I have a partnership with Giant, however, I paid for the bike myself and chose it before any partnership was even in discussion.

It is the only bike from a big brand that offers the complete triathlon superbike package for a reasonable price. The 2019 models have gone up in price, but include a dual-sided power meter that was developed in-house, adding only about $200-300. Word is, this PM may eventually be sold separately for any bike, vastly undercutting the majority of power options on the market.

2017 vs 2018 vs 2019: a few things, most visible is the paint job. As noted, the 2019 version now includes a power meter for the 1 and (as of yet unreleased) 0. The 2018+ models introduced two stem options: flat and rise. Promo photos show the rise option. They also went from S-bend extensions to ski-bend, after listening to customer feedback.

Traveling: This depends on your level of competency with wrenching a bike. I find it quite straightforward and I am nowhere near even basic mechanic level; others find it confusing. It is a bit laborious and finicky, however, I do maintain that it's straightforward. I have an Evoc bag, which requires me to remove the bars. In a Scicon bag, I have to remove the extensions as they are too long (I have Zipp 110 Evos, as much reach as possible). To dismantle the front end, you have to remove the water bottle (easy, held into place with a piece of plastic) and then remove the two pieces that make up the underside of the stem and which cover the cables. There are 6 screws for those pieces + two more on the top of the stem that have to be removed. Just need to focus, one thing at a time, and remember to put each piece into a baggy so you don't forget anything! Bars then fold over nicely. Make sure to get the shop to include some slack in the cables.

Group Eleven – Websites for Athletes / mikael.racing / @mstaer
Quote Reply
Re: Giant Trinity Advanced 2019 [Staer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info .... so basically 8 bolts instead of 4 stem faceplate bolts on more current bike..... sounds pretty straightforward.

I actually like the colours for the 2019 versions better than last year's. And the model 2 actually dropped $200 in price in Canada so full ultegra mechanical for $3700.... still trying to decide if I should go that route and also pick up the TCX Advanced cyclecross bike too instead of the extra for the di2 and power meter .... first world problems!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohh that is a tough decision! The TCX is so nice, I want one too. More bikes is better, right?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Staer wrote:
The 2018+ models introduced two stem options: flat and rise. Promo photos show the rise option. They also went from S-bend extensions to ski-bend, after listening to customer feedback.

How does it usually work, will the call before building the bike asking which stem I want fitted or do the fit one or the other by default? How are they different? (excuse my ignorance)
Quote Reply
Re: Giant Trinity Advanced 2019 [Triheaven] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure exactly, but I believe both are part of the package you get with the bike (riser set, bolts, etc). I would ask the shop before buying.

One is flat, the other has a bump/rise in it, bringing the bars higher. I don't know by how much though, would have to compare fit charts from 2017.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2012 Giant Trinity Advanced SL2. The new 2019 frame is too much similar to the 2012 to convince me to upgrade.The front fork and headtube has changed. They have the integrated front hydration and downtube bottle mounts. They also have the bento box mounts. I'm sure there were some other small changes to the bottom bracket/rear brake, but for the most part, the main frame seems very similar. I love my bike and would love to purchase another Giant, but I'm sort of in the market and they haven't convinced me that they have the next generation triathlon bike, like some other brands have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They certainly aren't underrepresented in Australia!
Quote Reply
Re: Giant Trinity Advanced 2019 [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
They certainly aren't underrepresented in Australia!
Value driven nation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the flat stem also compatible with the AeroVault drink system? When the bike was released, I think the flat ("TT") stem available at the time wasn't compatible with a drink system (a bit like Scott's Plasma).

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Giant Trinity Advanced 2019 [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
Is the flat stem also compatible with the AeroVault drink system? When the bike was released, I think the flat ("TT") stem available at the time wasn't compatible with a drink system (a bit like Scott's Plasma).

That "flat" stem is not the flattest stem, there are 3 stems: flat (tt version), intermediate (triathlon "flat" version) and rise. The aerovault is compatible with both triathlon stems if I am right.

Sorry if my english is pretty bad, I am not english native
Last edited by: ferluinavela: Sep 24, 18 4:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone here riding a medium Trinity Advanced Pro that can give me the maximum seat height (approx as all saddles are different thicknesses) that can be achieved on that size frame please? The literature from Giant, from what I have read on various forums, is not that accurate according to various posters. Any help would be appreciated. Centre of BB to top of seat please.
Quote Reply
Re: Giant Trinity Advanced 2019 [ferluinavela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's true, however the TT version is a different frame/package.

It does not come with the bento box or the front hydration, and I don't think it includes the under saddle mount kit. Also, the fork is narrower to meet UCI standards. It's overall a different bike, though some parts are of course interchangeable.

For the tri version, both stems are compatible with the Giant hydration system.

Quote Reply
Re: Giant Trinity Advanced 2019 [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is true! I've heard you get your citizenship revoked if you don't ride a Giant.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a post about Giant Trinity Advanced, is better have only one post about our bicycle: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ers_Thread_P6247506/

Quote Reply
Re: Giant Trinity Advanced 2019 [ferluinavela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except that that thread is the Trinity owners thread .... I was simply stating that the 2019 model seems like the best deal in a high end tri bike and not wanting to sift through hundreds of replies made over a few years with regards to adjusting brakes in the 2014 model :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Allan wrote:
Except that that thread is the Trinity owners thread .... I was simply stating that the 2019 model seems like the best deal in a high end tri bike and not wanting to sift through hundreds of replies made over a few years with regards to adjusting brakes in the 2014 model :)

Sorry

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does this have a built in power meter? I can't find a link to this online. Looks interesting as an option
Quote Reply
Re: Giant Trinity Advanced 2019 [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A crank based giant powermeter

Quote Reply
Re: Giant Trinity Advanced 2019 [davidwilcock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is a link

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ca/trinity-advanced-pro-1-2019
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that

I was looking from the UK, they don't seem to have it up on their site although weirdly, it's up in some of the other European giant pages.

It looks a good option. The paint scheme does look a bit like my early 90s Raleigh activator though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2016 model and love it. I've had the current P3 as well. Would happily buy trinity again - amazing ride quality and value for money; easy to work on (even for integrated brakes etc); fast and fun.

Coaching - Future Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: Giant Trinity Advanced 2019 [steve_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had any luck removing the bentobox and front hydration system? I love the TT version of the bike however the cost for the TT frame is too high. Heaps of cheaper Tri versions available in the market so I'm kind of hoping I could do a somewhat comparable conversion (acknowledging they are different bikes).
Quote Reply
Re: Giant Trinity Advanced 2019 [ToddRodd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ToddRodd wrote:
Has anyone had any luck removing the bentobox and front hydration system? I love the TT version of the bike however the cost for the TT frame is too high. Heaps of cheaper Tri versions available in the market so I'm kind of hoping I could do a somewhat comparable conversion (acknowledging they are different bikes).

Found my answer :) Looks like the flat stem option on the later model and a cover over the bentobox (great spot for a junction box) gets the bike to where I want it to be (whilst maintain the front forks). See below:

https://www.adaptivehp.com/...with-saint-cloud-lab
Last edited by: ToddRodd: May 15, 19 17:39
Quote Reply

Prev Next