Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Option In Your Hydration Arsenal: SpeedSip
Quote | Reply
SpeedSip is new type of water bottle. You can drink out of it in absolute aero position. You can carry it in any cage. Simple. Straightforward. Eric Lagerstrom was winning with it in Santa Cruz. He was drinking from the one on the aero bar and swapped the full one from behind the saddle. See the next photo below. There are plenty of options. In a 70.3 you can carry all you need and drink in uninterrupted aero position. On the long distance; if you want to carry your extras like carbs or electrolytes in a separate bottle you will be better off with SpeedSip. Check it out on Facebook: SpeedSip.

Eric Lagerstrom under way to his victory with SpeedSip.

Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: New Option In Your Hydration Arsenal: SpeedSip [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi windschatten,

Thank you very much for your response.

1. SpeedSip was designed originally to carry it in any cages as a regular water bottle.
2. You can drink from it holding it upside down and stay in aero position.
3. SpeedSip is not available yet. If it will earn its reputation on its own merit I will organizing a crowd funding campaign at Kickstarter to make SpeedSip available for everyone. (It is not by chance that it is not existing yet. Actually, to make the reversed spout is very tricky!)
4. If you go to SpeedSip at Facebook there you can see a "gif" that shows a rider drinking from SpeedSip from behind the saddle. This video is not edited in any way (except the gif loop).

Thanks again,
Peter Szedlacsek

Eric Lagerstrom on a trainer practicing with SpeedSip.

Eric's rig before the start at Santa Cruz.

Last edited by: pszedlacsek: Sep 17, 18 5:03
Quote Reply
Re: New Option In Your Hydration Arsenal: SpeedSip [pszedlacsek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you basically registered to Spam the Forum with your new product.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: New Option In Your Hydration Arsenal: SpeedSip [pszedlacsek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The second set of pictures make more sense. If you are going to advertise, use those. The first pic and description just make it look like an old speedfil missing a straw.

So is it available or not?? You says it is but then say you need a Go fund me....???
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Sep 17, 18 4:32
Quote Reply
Re: New Option In Your Hydration Arsenal: SpeedSip [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks DFW_Tri,

I updated my response.
SpeedSip is rather an "idea" at the moment. It is existing in 6 copies, made by 3D printing.
If riders will like it I will move on with the Kickstarter campaign to make it happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i dont get it. I mean i get what you're trying to do, but I dont see the improvement over any other hydration option currently available. Its clearly not disposable, so its no good for bottle swapping on long courses, nor can it be easily refilled while racing, so it is no good for anything over oly distance where 1 or 2 bottles is enough hydration for the race. but it seems like a lot more work then the BTA + straw systems most people already have who aren't bottle swapping.
Quote Reply
Re: New Option In Your Hydration Arsenal: SpeedSip [tfleeger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to you specifically, but I can see this being good for people who concentrate their nutrition, and so don’t throw their bottles away during a race.

I’d throw a few $$ at this if went to Kickstarter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Improvement? No. But it is different. It may be minor—-but then again, the differences between all these products is—-but I do find the angle at which I sometimes have to tilt a bottle to get liquid out annoying, especially if riding aero. Again, I realize this is minor stuff in the grand scheme, but I could see some utility for this product provided it is priced correctly (maybe $10-15 for the cap itself)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpeedSip will be disposable and replaceable. Read my lips: it will be in the price range of a regular water bottle.
The point is that it is not a direct competitor to any fixed hydration system at the front.

What SpeedSip does: it makes drinking from a replaceable bottle closer to the ideal situation: “drinking in aero position at uninterrupted speed”.

Now the question is: will this improvement bring in any advantage?
It depends on preferences, distance, weather and so on:
refill or replace; carry what you need and avoid stations; or tote the minimum and grab on the fly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pszedlacsek wrote:
SpeedSip will be disposable and replaceable. Read my lips: it will be in the price range of a regular water bottle.
The point is that it is not a direct competitor to any fixed hydration system at the front.

What SpeedSip does: it makes drinking from a replaceable bottle closer to the ideal situation: “drinking in aero position at uninterrupted speed”.

Now the question is: will this improvement bring in any advantage?
It depends on preferences, distance, weather and so on:
refill or replace; carry what you need and avoid stations; or tote the minimum and grab on the fly.

explain to me how that works. I'm racing, I have2 bottles with speedsip nipples, they're both empty and I'm am coming up to an aid station. Explain the process for leaving that aid station with at least 1 full bottle with a speedsip nipple.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Throw away your empty SpeedSip.
2. Grab a SpeedSip that is full.
3. Push it into the empty cage with one move. (No hassle with refill!)
4. Done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, you plan to make a cheap disposable version of this?? That may be interesting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely.
SpeedSip will be disposable with indispensable aero advantage.

You don't have to brake into your piggy bank to get another one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
The second set of pictures make more sense. If you are going to advertise, use those. The first pic and description just make it look like an old speedfil missing a straw.

So is it available or not?? You says it is but then say you need a Go fund me....???

Yeah, to me it just looks like a non-refillable Speedfil. Design similarities aside, the name seems a bit derivative as well.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ooohh.. okay, so ALL the bottles at the race will have the speedfill ( or at least they will be an available option at the aid stations). Well if you can make that happen then the system make a lot more sense, but I think that will be a big ask. good luck though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like a solution in search of a problem. Then again, triathletes will buy anything so you'll likely become a gazzilionaire.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you missed the part where he said both bottles are empty. Unless (as earlier mentioned) the race gives out SpeedSip bottles.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pszedlacsek wrote:
Absolutely.
SpeedSip will be disposable with indispensable aero advantage.

You don't have to brake into your piggy bank to get another one.

So are there any green credentials for this product ?

The oceans are already heaving with plastic.
Quote Reply
Re: New Option In Your Hydration Arsenal: SpeedSip [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree. Still trying to work out why anyone would have the need for one and or actually buy it???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tfleeger,
Thanks!
A couple (thousands) more “ooohh..okay” like yours and we will rock and roll! Yes, SpeedSip should be distributed to race organizers too.
Actually, you and all the fellow triathletes can make this happen. As I wrote before I want to do this in a crowd funded project ( Kickstarter) and a project like that depends on the support of the community that will benefit from its result.
So, spread the news and stay tuned.
Thanks again.

Grabbing SpeedSip from the cage on the down tube. Holding it in the upside down way and drinking out of it in aero position.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But i can do that with a standard bottle too...
Quote Reply
Re: New Option In Your Hydration Arsenal: SpeedSip [captain-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks captain-tri,

You got the point.
You can carry an extra water bottle for many reasons.
And if you would like to keep this bottle for the whole ride and drink from it directly then you will be better off with SpeedSip.
Please spread the news about SpeedSip and stay tuned for the Kickstarter campaign.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it is a clever idea and I can see this for personal use but not in a race. Basically whenever I use "my" bottles.

You would distribute the cap to race organizers, the get people to swap the caps of all bottles they got, and we end up with more plastic garbage at the end? I hope I misunderstood you since that would be far from ideal.

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i can see the benefit in easy drinking while in aero position but i just don't get how it works as a long course, replacement bottle. you'd need to get race organisers to shell out for them and that will be tough to extract more money from them. even then, people with refillable hydration systems won't want to be given one of these bottles as it doesn't look like it would work for refilling most systems. organisers aren't going to want to have normal bottles plus speedsip at aid stations. so you need to make it cheap enough to be completely disposable for long course ie start with a speedsip but then exchange it for a standard bottle - $10 would be fine but you'll struggle to make much of a profit.
Quote Reply

Prev Next