Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

$1000 Hooker, 1.5 hrs? No takers.
Quote | Reply
Ya Im talking about the auction on Ebay. I am surprised no takers yet. Should be interesting to see if there is late movement or does it go unsold?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:112&item=7207802359&id=&sasel=

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Jan 3, 06 17:51
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 Hooker, 3hrs? No takers. [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted about this one last week.
I'd bite, but I don't have 10 franklins layin around.
Sigh. Though if someone wanted to waste some money one me...........buy me a hooker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same guy had a complete Lotus as well....opening bid on that was 1500.00...jeese....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought this was referring to something else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The seller should have put it in the tri section rather than the road bike section. What roadie in his right mind would bid on it knowing the UCI rules on geometry will be coming into effect? I'll stick with my Hooker frame which cost me $400 (no Hooker fork, brakes, or bars included) and is a true 700c frame. Sadly it's not my primary TT bike this year as my position is simply too aggressive on it and I lose about 10% power.
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 Hooker, 3hrs? No takers. [tigermilk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hahaha, I too, thought this referred to something completely different! Funky bike though. How do those actually work? Are they effecient? I would think they would have to be spectacular in speed to be worth it, what with the lack of variety of frames, wheelsets, components, etc...
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 Hooker, 3hrs? No takers. [moose8500] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How's it work? Uh, you pedal it? Hookers are among the fastest bikes ever made. Check this very site for a great historical article on the bike - http://www.slowtwitch.com/.../hookers/hooker.html
Quote Reply
Re: $1000 Hooker, 1.5 hrs? No takers. [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting piece of history. Was made by the same guy that made Hooker header exhaust systems for the V8 hotrod crowd. Imagine owning a bike that the NASCAR six pack dudes would love.

Still very fast. Probably just as aero as the best of today's double diamond bikes. But more of a collector's item than a daily rider IMO.
Quote Reply