Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
No mention of one but I didn't look that hard either! I'm not sure if they were supposed to share any of this with me, I asked the guy I was dealing with if this was top secret and he kind of gave me the deer in the headlights look and said he better check with his boss lol.
This bike has been anticipated for so long that I hope no one is trolling this thread.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you implying that I am trolling this thread?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha... ok. I am serious, just reporting what I saw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
Ha... ok. I am serious, just reporting what I saw.

My LBS guy told me that he has already put in a order for a new s works shiv, basically everything that you have talked about. Sight unseen, to be debuted at or around Kona. I don't know how I feel about ordering something I have never seen before but he really wants the disc brakes and thru axles.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [alexer03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Lucy is definitely riding her standard S-Works Shiv with a disk in PE tomorrow. Just met her, chain all waxed up and bike ready to go. She will be using the Fuelselage hydration system, didn't ask about additional bottles between the bars. Dunno whether it is okay to post selfies here, so I won't be doing it...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dembo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen anything new with Lucy's set up. She's run her Shiv with the Fuselage and Profile Design Aeria Hydration BTA with a tri-rig stem for a few races this year.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, I hate to be that guy who claims something on the internet, but here it is: I have seen the 2019 Shiv and it looks - to my absolutely untrained eye - exactly like the 2018 model except new color schemes. I saw no disc breaks or major changes to the frame.

The Elite version comes in a pretty cool matte on glossy black color scheme (think Canyon Ultimate) and I am unsure about the S-Works color schemes because they might be customised.

Now, if there is a totally new version you may all make fun of me to your hearts delight, but for now I am not expecting any major changes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was it a shiv tri that you saw? or just the shiv because i think sagan has been racing a 2019 shiv all year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh my. I crashed on my 2016 Shiv three weeks ago (missing the 70.3 worlds as a result), and the Shiv was thrashed. I wanted to pull the trigger on a new one but this thread is making me think twice. Not that I need it right now, it will be some time before I can even train again, and I can spend my preseason on my road bike anyway...

I think I will wait until Kona

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suppose it was a Shiv Tri because it was handed over to a triathlete. Again, I don't have a keen eye for the little things but it looked just like my 2017 model (albeit at the Elite level with a cooler color scheme).

I suppose all the Specialized riders will use them in Kona - if there aren't significant changes, there is probably ample time to get used to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Things I have heard= Disc brakes, integrated hydration but this time its hidden behind the seat tube, and twin blade fork, AND Pannier braze ons!!! not available for regular people and it be selling around $14k/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know “the hoff” is on it. I’m sure others are as well. Why would u waste a bike debut at the 70.3 WC? That’s just not smart.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was at the Shiv HQ yesterday and said that he was "tuning up his equipment" prior to Kona. He's been on the same bike with the same with the same wheels in the same position with the same helmet for years now so... maybe he was setting up a new bike in the tunnel? Unusual time of the year to visit the tunnel IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2011 Crowie got on the Shiv one ride before he left Boulder if I recall correctly. And it turned out ok for him.

If they replicate the position and it's not a terribly different bike there's weeks to go and he'll be fine I'm sure.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m working in Santa Cruz tomorrow - want me to cruise over to Morgan Hill at lunch and post some pics?

Jimmy Haycroft’s twitter (nice welds on the ‘gram) makes me think I should go on a trail run instead....

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you've got nothing else going on... it can't hurt. The new Shiv is almost mythical at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
If they replicate the position and it's not a terribly different bike there's weeks to go and he'll be fine I'm sure.

That is what one of the Specialized athletes at the 70.3 WC told me: Nothing significantly changed so might as well debut at Kona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have taken down all but two models of shiv on their website-only the s-works frameset and shiv elite remain. So i guess those will be kept as rim brake options, with the new releases being disc brake at least?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dembo wrote:
dfru wrote:

That is what one of the Specialized athletes at the 70.3 WC told me: Nothing significantly changed so might as well debut at Kona.

Yep - sounds about right. Not quite the P5 to P5x change in terms of distinctly different bikes (at least in looks, no idea about the bike to bike change)

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BeardedWonder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BeardedWonder wrote:
They have taken down all but two models of shiv on their website-only the s-works frameset and shiv elite remain. So i guess those will be kept as rim brake options, with the new releases being disc brake at least?

I'm sure that's just to get ride of the S-Works modules in stock... the new Shiv will certainly have a 5 digit priced S-Works version.

Quote | Reply
I have a dumb question - is the Shiv not available in Canada?

I was on the Canadian website to get the geometry for the latest Shiv and couldn't find any mention of it.

https://www.specialized.com/ca/en/shop/bikes/road-bikes/triathlon-bikes/c/roadtriathlon

Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [blayze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heard from a friend that his specialized store mentioned the new shiv is coming with the specs listed here. Pretty expensive though for the s-works full package... A few more days/weeks if it's going to be announced at Kona! If it looks as good as the specs are, i might be tempted to raid my savings :-(
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [maarten.claes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
link?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [maarten.claes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be honest, based on the specs I saw the pricing isn’t crazy. Don’t get me wrong, at $10,000 it’s still a very very expensive bike (heck, you can buy a car for less) but you’re getting a complete package. The components and my price estimates:
-Dura Ace Di2 Hydraulic $3,000
-S Works Cranks and Power Meter $2,000
-Roval disc wheel: $1,500
-Roval CLX 64 front wheel: $1,000

That leaves $2,500 for an “S-Works” frame and cockpit. Not too bad, honestly.

...and yes, I know, people here have assembled “equivalent” bikes for 1/3 the price.
Quote Reply

Prev Next