Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Sept. 10 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 10 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week:
finish & submit that paper didn't submit paper, but worked on it, and was productive overall so am happy
no food issues had issue M and T but am back on track
run outside twice (one done!) just one
bike twice (one done!) done, three rides (two errand, one long)
swim 4x only twice but one felt reeeeally good

Had one of the best feeling swims and runs I've had in awhile last week. Not the fastest, but just enjoyed the heck out of them. Totals 2475 yd swim (2x), 48.9 mi bike (3x), 51.4 mi run (6x)

goals for this week: 5 swims (1 done), 2 rides, day off from running

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik.

I had a good week :D

Like last week, I rode my bike a bunch. I also ran 30+ miles in a week for the second time since 2003. But the best news is that I got back in the ocean for a very short, GENTLE swim. It made me so happy. I also worked on some drills in the pool which is less fun but essential. Unsurprisingly, I've lost a lot on my swim -- I think if a focus on form and don't overdo it / push my shoulder it'll come back.

I signed up for a 70.3 race in three months and will look at some shorter, local races leading up to it.

This week, it'll the same amount of riding, less running, and more swimming. Just chipping my way back.

Have a great week y'all!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This week's goal: Make it to Saturday!

And I did! Yay! I had another great week, albeit a bit stressful trying to shove it all in before traveling for a friend's wedding. Which was phenomenal. The long run in the 85 degree, 100% humid heat on Saturday? Hungover? Shoot me in the face :P

This week's goal is going to sound eerily familiar- make it to Saturday. That's when I'm off to Shepherdstown WV to help run my cycling club's annual Century on Sunday. I'm the rest stop coordinator and it's serious crunch time. Plus anti-hurricane dance time with Florence screaming towards the eastern seaboard. Good luck to all the coastal ladies and PLEASE be safe.

M- 2800yd swim and 3.4mi run
Tu- 2800yd swim, FTP test, and tempo run
W- 2800yd swim, mid-range run, and hair appointment. Also hosting book club.
Th- Zwift and a short progression brick run
F- long run and short Zwift recovery spin before leaving for WV
Sa- 50k ride with some cycling club friends
Su- Command Center detail from 5:30am-6pm

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 10 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woohoo for being back in the ocean SoCal!
And hurray Dr TC for your awesome feeling swim and run!
Dr_Cupcake, stay safe.

I'm back from a week in Mexico; rolled into bed at 3.45am this morning and now trying to get life sorted again. This week's goals:
- decide on a training plan for the next few months
- get some meals prepped. I'm trying to use my instant pot more - any go-to IP recipes?
- figure out whether my knee issue is something I need to see a physio about. It doesn't hurt per se, but I can feel it on certain things (rear lunges, going down stairs in high heels, one leg squats).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 10 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We had to make the decision to cancel our century this weekend. It was the right call but I've been sick to my stomach all day. An entire year of planning totally pissed away. Thanks for nothing, Aunt Flo :p

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply