Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Sept. 3 Edition
Quote | Reply
Holiday in the US. How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 3 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
goals for this week: get 1 paper submitted and get a bunch of work done on another; no food issues; swim 5x; bike twice; day off from running

I worked on both papers but didn't submit either. No food issues :D
swam 6x, didn't ride (but did a short ride today so this week is off to a good start)
day off from running CHECK.

totals 47.5 mi run, 8750 yd swim

goals for this week:
finish & submit that paper
no food issues
run outside twice (one done!)
bike twice (one done!)
swim 4x

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay for no issues last week for you! How is the weather where you are? Running outside here right now is like being on the surface of Venus. We've had lots of air quality/hyperthermia warnings lately, it's been awful.

Quote:
Goal for this week: keep the party going!

And did I! Nailed all of my workouts again, which two weeks in a row? Who am I anymore? I feel great. A bit tired, but nothing my body can't handle, but overall I had a fantastic week. Oh, and I passed my certification exam and have more letters after my last name now, YAY!

This week's goal: Make it to Saturday!

M- 2hr zwift and 1hr run- check!
Tu- 2800yd swim, 30min run, volunteer at the NMNH all day, then cycling board meeting at our favorite DC bar [this day is going to kick my ass just from the logistics of it all]
W- 2500yd swim, 30min run
Th- 2800yd swim, 1hr zwift, tempo run
F- Either get up at the asscrack of dawn and ride with my friend, or do 2hr of zwift and a short run brick. Then it's off to NC!
Sa- Running on whatever the rail trail is called down there with a friend of mine who lives in Cary. Then wedding festivities for one of my friends from grad school. YAY!
Su- rest and drive home.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 3 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
How is the weather where you are?

Hot and humid :-( but the air is fine.

Congrats on passing your exams!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello everyone! I need another long weekend. I enjoyed my day off yesterday but they're never long enough.

I did end up doing that duathlon Sunday and had a blast. There were only 13 of us duathloners, 7 men and 6 women, and I managed 2nd overall woman. I tried not to do anything stupid on the first run, tried to bike with confidence, and tried to hold pace and pick off as many people as possible on the second run. It was insanely hot and humid by the end but I do OK in the heat, one benefit to being hypothyroid I guess. I ended up winning a gigantic tile as an award. I have been joking that a few more wins and I can remodel our bathroom. Best of all... I had no knee pain.

I am looking forward to an easy few days because the weather is expected to be in the 90s and humid today and tomorrow. We have garden produce coming out our ears and I spent all weekend freezing butternut squash and making tomato sauce, and I expect to be doing a lot more of that in the weeks to come.

I hope all you ladies had an awesome week.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy cow you ladies are awesome. Great work MM on the du. Some serious mileage by all. I bow down in your presence! :-)

Last week:
Run: 3x
DONE: 2 in hot & humid Ontario and 1 more back home
Ride: 4x
DONE: 50k easy, 16k hard, 75k "spirited" with the boyz, and a chill 130k with the club - our annual "Fondon't" ride at the end of the summer:

This week (3rd-9th):
Run 2x (yes I'm going to reintegrate running into my weeks again) - 3x for bonus points
Ride 7x including an out of town trip for backroad/gravel riding and CX practice (75k done yesterday, about to head out for ez 30k cx gravel ride)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik. Way go Midtown Miles and a well done to all the Women getting after their goals.

I rode my bike a lot last week and almost all of it was up and at elevation -- descending is still pretty tough my shoulder but my rides were epic . I also ran 3 times and got in the pool 3 times for workouts more closely resembling swimming. I'm planning to get back in open water this coming weekend (HUZZAH!) and start thinking about racing again.

Happy training everyone :D

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 3 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fondon't.... hilarious!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 3 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your tile! That is such a neat award.

What are you doing with your butternut squash? We're also up to our eyeballs in garden delights, including squash for the first time. I roasted off all of the beet harvest the other week and have been dipping into it for smoothies and the new RFCFES superhero muffins.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr_Cupcake wrote:

What are you doing with your butternut squash?

One of my favourites is a butternut squash and spinach curry (I use the Indian trifecta of onion, garlic and ginger and then add allspice and garam masala and some mustard oil).

This week I am day drinking in Mexico. I needed this as have been super unmotivated since my 70.3 at the end of July. Time for a hard reset!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ear ache and ear infection all week so no swimming for 12 days and antibiotics x 10 days.

Mon. Doctor
Tue. 30 min easy trainer spin; 35 min strength workout
Wed. 35 min easy trainer spin
Thur. 25 min treadmill walk
Fri. Felt much worse - in bed that night by 7:30 PM
Sat. Skipped the charity bike ride I'd signed up for and laid around most of the day. Later went and walk/jogged 30 min
Sun. Met the girls for an easy bike ride - 1 hour on the greenway followed by breakfast. Yoga in the afternoon.
Mon. Holiday - 1 hour bike ride. Feeling much better!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late to the party here. Bummer on the no swim ironclm, it's so tough to be out of the water for any length of time.
This week- swim 2x, bike 1-2, run 1-2.
Spent the holiday at Disneyland with my mom for her birthday, which involved a whole lot of walking, and some weightlifting as well (loading & unloading & assembling mom's electric scooter). Tuesday-missed my last chance to trail run with my Tuesday running group, went out to dinner for mom's actual b-day with my family, including brother and his wife and kids. Wednesday- going swimming tonight. Thursday- attempt to hit the track or run somewhere, Friday- maybe open water swim to make up for no swim on Monday due to holiday, Saturday/Sunday-ride/run.
Got to get back in run shape, my first triathlon of the year is at the end of October.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Butternut: I have been cubing and freezing it. I filled three giant Ziploc bags and now we have no room for anything else in the freezer (we have a small-ish fridge/freezer). I've also been cubing and steaming it for lunch every day this week. I usually do a giant salad for lunch so this has been nice to change it up a bit. We have at least five in the pantry right now though, and more coming in, so I need to start giving them away. I will have to find a squash curry recipe, though, that sounds delicious too!

We also have approximately a million tomatoes and cucumbers, but all our zucchini died =( and the critters ate all the leaves off our collard greens. Green peppers and banana peppers are doing OK, I have a couple of random eggplant and maybe some cabbage yet, most of the spaghetti squash has come and gone, and I need to pick the straggling chard and basil. We usually do a variety of stuff because at least one thing doesn't do well every year.

Feel better, Ironclm! If butternut squash cured ear infections I would ship you a couple. =)

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Sept. 3 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will trade you some zucchini for more butternut squash!

Butternut is one of my favorite foods ever. We didn't have enough space to grow as much of it as I would have liked (and we have a 4,000 sqft garden space...). I love making homemade curry butternut squash soup. I would eat soup every day of my life if I could.

We have a bazillion tomatoes and peppers (hot and sweet), we harvested the beets and they are fabulous, along with carrots, radishes, sweet potatoes (they are all about the size of nerf footballs right now), three kinds of squash, pumpkins for the doorstep for Halloween, a metric ton of green beans, cucumbers, and corn. We've also got a smattering of herbs planted around the house, everything from basil to rosemary. My fave is the lavender, I make a simple syrup from it and make homemade seltzer.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bow to your gardening capabilities! We didn't do root veggies this year other than a few beets and we're pretty sure someone stole the beets (because they left the greens, and a critter wouldn't do that). Sounds like the consensus from the forum is that I need to research some butternut squash curry recipes. =)

Quote Reply