Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [pedal-boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocket Red is a special color that can "change". Did you clean the fluids off and let the bike sit in the sun for a bit? The stains might go away. I know on my rocket Red Shiv that if I have an area of the paint covered by something fluid, tape, etc) it will be a different color than the rest of the bike when I clean it up. Always freaks me out a bit.. but after a day or so it all goes back to the same color. That being said.. I know the warning that comes with a rocket red bike is that the color changes over time with sun exposure and that is "by design"

Quote | Reply
I cleaned it, let it sit and tried to clean it again. It was still there. The shop was very good to me and now I have the 2018 purple one.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [pedal-boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice:). Purple looks like a fun color.

Quote | Reply
I think I just saw Ashley Horner riding the new Shiv. It looked pretty sweet, especially with the disc brakes... discuss.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not going to save this thread's ranking ;)

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:
I think I just saw Ashley Horner riding the new Shiv. It looked pretty sweet, especially with the disc brakes... discuss.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I was getting a bike fit this morning and we were going over options. I'm obviously "regular" in size and fit most bikes. The shop owner told me that if I was interested in Specialized and wanted new new that everything for the Shiv is changing up and there will be a new model in March/April time frame going to shops. So we should see a new one at Kona?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kona is where they debuted the last Shiv and is the most logical place for the new Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although we've been saying that for years now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pros are already riding it, but from what I “know” they had to sign a waiver that they would not ride in groups.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Pros are already riding it, but from what I “know” they had to sign a waiver that they would not ride in groups.

That’s what I’ve been told as well. There won’t be launch in Kona like there was in 2011 (where you could actually buy the bike), but there will be pros on it.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely see it in Kona, shops are taking orders now and have the 2019 catalogs in hand but no photo shown, the specs look great though and some features are very interesting. I was told it'll be officially announced in Kona.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:

If pro's are already riding it, I would have thought we would see it this weekend at 70.3 worlds with Gomez.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am staying at the same hotel as Lucy Charles - I keep running into her but I completely forgot to ask her about the new Shiv. Maybe I don't want to hear that my Shiv is finally "the old one". :(
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [sorelegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you share the specs?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Triben32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wasn't able to take a pic of the dealer manual and there was no photo, only "Image Coming Soon"... the color of the S-works version was listed as "Satin Carbon/Gloss Holographic Foil", has updated Fueselage and Fuel Cell compartments, Dura Ace 9170, hydraulic disc brakes, the base bar is listed as "folding down parallel to the fork for travel", S-works road crank with dual sided power meter, Roval CLX64 wheels. Also available in Expert version with Ultegra Di2 and as a Module. Fact 11r carbon, non-UCI legal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any word on a rim brake version? Looking for the module but want to keep my existing wheelset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorelegs wrote:
I wasn't able to take a pic of the dealer manual and there was no photo, only "Image Coming Soon"... the color of the S-works version was listed as "Satin Carbon/Gloss Holographic Foil", has updated Fueselage and Fuel Cell compartments, Dura Ace 9170, hydraulic disc brakes, the base bar is listed as "folding down parallel to the fork for travel", S-works road crank with dual sided power meter, Roval CLX64 wheels. Also available in Expert version with Ultegra Di2 and as a Module. Fact 11r carbon, non-UCI legal.

Ohhhhh this is going to be awesome!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds expensive...

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [palmdoggSAE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No mention of one but I didn't look that hard either! I'm not sure if they were supposed to share any of this with me, I asked the guy I was dealing with if this was top secret and he kind of gave me the deer in the headlights look and said he better check with his boss lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Dembo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dembo wrote:
I am staying at the same hotel as Lucy Charles - I keep running into her but I completely forgot to ask her about the new Shiv. Maybe I don't want to hear that my Shiv is finally "the old one". :(

On Aug 8 she posted a Shiv on Twitter with a front storage compartment. What is that? It looks like the current S-Works Module, rim brakes but with that storage on the front.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the Profile Design base bar and hydration system.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Sbernardi wrote:

If pro's are already riding it, I would have thought we would see it this weekend at 70.3 worlds with Gomez.

One would imagine.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dprocket wrote:
Dembo wrote:

On Aug 8 she posted a Shiv on Twitter with a front storage compartment. What is that? It looks like the current S-Works Module, rim brakes but with that storage on the front.

I'm pretty sure that is the Profile Design bottle, she's used it from IMSA on this year...

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the dealer site is any indication ( no new Shivs on it yet) they are still going to keep the old frame in the line up at least at the Elite Level at 3K. The 2019 Elites with 105 7000 running gear are scheduled to hit starting late September .

They have a couple of the Shiv Sports left over in the smaller sizes but the larger sizes are showing sold out with no new model to replace it with.
Quote Reply

Prev Next