Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
dfroelich wrote:
I could measure it tonight, but it should be pretty easy to figure out. Do you have the medium and long screws? For example, if longs are 12mm and the mediums are 9mm, I bet the smalls are 6.

I didnt think about it like that. I do have the medium and long.

If you wouldnt mind measuring i would appreciate it.

...actually, here you go... https://www.manualslib.com/...o.html?page=6#manual

M5X70,60,50,40
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,

I'm a Trinity owner since 2016, the orange/white/black one.
I decided to upgrade my bike with the new Ultegra DI2 8050 from the mech 6800.
It works well and I love it, the shifters on the brake lever are awesome.

The only think I don't like is how my dealer mount it: I have cables and DI2 junction box all out the cockpit.
I want to reroute the DI2 cable in the handlebar and place the junction box in the bento box.

Do you have any suggestion or images of a on "original" Advanced Pro with DI2 mounted out-of-the-box in order to understand how to make it possible?
I need a pics of front end (with out the cover) if possible!

Thanks
Last edited by: castatop: Aug 13, 18 3:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
LifeTri wrote:
dfroelich wrote:
I could measure it tonight, but it should be pretty easy to figure out. Do you have the medium and long screws? For example, if longs are 12mm and the mediums are 9mm, I bet the smalls are 6.

I didnt think about it like that. I do have the medium and long.

If you wouldnt mind measuring i would appreciate it.

...actually, here you go... https://www.manualslib.com/...o.html?page=6#manual

M5X70,60,50,40

You're my boy!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody not use their hydration system? Looking for the mount. Seems like I’ve lost mine...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [lhmd21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lhmd21 wrote:
Does anybody not use their hydration system? Looking for the mount. Seems like I’ve lost mine...

There is another recent thread that has several people say they use other front bottles.
If that falls through... https://www.giantbikespares.com/...oduct_detail/3-43418
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So 2019 Trinity advanced pro 2 and 1 announced but no 0. Possibly a disc brake version at Kona?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [twirpburrows] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
twirpburrows wrote:
So 2019 Trinity advanced pro 2 and 1 announced but no 0. Possibly a disc brake version at Kona?
And cheaper than last year's equivalent (in the uk at least). Surely this bike is the best value Tri bike going with it's levels of integration. I'm pretty tempted to upgrade from a road bike to one of these for next year.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Triheaven] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea we have no Di2 option in the uk atm so surely Giant are going to release something at the top end? I'm just waiting to see what that is. The Pro 2 looks great value for money though I agree
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [twirpburrows] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not too sure weather they'll add to the range but it does seem odd they only have a middle of the road build. I have Di2 bar end shifters, 5 port junction box and a rear mech so it kind of suits me buying the pro 2 and upgrading that. How do you find yours? (Presuming you have one)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I have (had) a 2016 advanced pro 0, and absolutely loved it. Sadly I was involved in a crash this week and the bike is now in a few pieces so I'll be looking to buy a new bike soon and want to get another trinity Pro 0 but it seems strange that there is no high option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that 😥. How much of your bike can be salvaged? Probably would be worth you buying a frameset and go from there maybe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any way to order a new Trinity Advance Pro online and have it shipped? In military and work at a US gov post overseas (APO/FPO mailing addy) in a place with no Giant dealers nearby, and really want to purchase this bike. Every US-based retailer I've looked at requires that you pick up Giant bikes in-store, even if you make the purchase online.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Willard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Willard wrote:
Is there any way to order a new Trinity Advance Pro online and have it shipped? In military and work at a US gov post overseas (APO/FPO mailing addy) in a place with no Giant dealers nearby, and really want to purchase this bike. Every US-based retailer I've looked at requires that you pick up Giant bikes in-store, even if you make the purchase online.
Probably best to ask them directly. Think I've made up my mind on buying one as well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triheaven wrote:
Willard wrote:

Probably best to ask them directly. Think I've made up my mind on buying one as well!

I actually have contacted several dealers with no luck, and Giant responded that they won't ship to an APO/FPO address. Holding out hope that someone knows of a dealer that will ship.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Willard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anybody know where I can find out the part number/s of the bits required to mount the di2 battery in the seat post of the Trinity?

Thanks.
Last edited by: Triheaven: Sep 10, 18 13:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triheaven wrote:
Does anybody know where I can find out the part number/s of the bits required to mount the di2 battery in the seat post of the Trinity?

Thanks.

https://www.giantbikespares.com/Giant-Trinity-Internal-Di2-battery-holder--2450-G16BTA-602/product_detail/3-43264

You could probably be just fine with some heavy duty double sided tape.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dfroelich wrote:
Triheaven wrote:

Thanks.

https://www.giantbikespares.com/Giant-Trinity-Internal-Di2-battery-holder--2450-G16BTA-602/product_detail/3-43264

You could probably be just fine with some heavy duty double sided tape.
Thanks for that 👍
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Tri Dogg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my basebar broke too . was a small half inch difference in asphalt layers (new layer of hot mix) i hit during a ride... was only doing 25kph. obviously disappointing. i had it replaced rather than risk it..

Coaching - Future Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a 2018 Trinity Advanced Pro (triathlon version) frame, and am moving my components off my old frame onto it including SRAM etap. What wire length Blips have folks had success with by the brake levers that are long enough to run internally to the Blipbox in the bento box?

Mine are 450mm and I'm guessing will be too short, but would like to know what works before I replace them. Also, is anything special needed to be done to protect the wires? I'm wondering if it will be an issue at all with movement of the steerer tube over time.

Thanks,

-Dan
Last edited by: overridex: Sep 24, 18 9:36
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [overridex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't help you with wire lengths, but I do recommend putting some tape on the oval hole where the wires enter the head tube. It is a little hard to explain, but I put some gorilla tape, doubled over on all 4 edges so that the wire will slide over the tape, rather than the metal ridge. The doubled over tape bit is loose off the edge so that it is a little floppy, making it less sharp than simply tape over metal.

I know this is a terrible description. Once you have the nose piece off and see the oval hole that you need to pass the wires through, it will be pretty evident that wires can get sliced there. Just do whatever makes sense so that they don't!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [overridex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree w/ Dfroelich. Do what you can using some tape to make that hole into the steer tube less likely to kink any wires. If possible, shrink wrap your wires in that section of the wire as well. I have Di2 and I have had one wire get kinked and had to be replaced.

Sorry, not sure about length but should be easy to measure.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trismitty wrote:
Should. I just went the opposite way. Have a 16 and added the new stem. No issues.

Do you know what the difference in height is between the two stems? My basebar feels a little low and I'm running 50mm of spacers. I wouldn't mind reducing that while bringing the bar up a bit.

Also, where did you get the new stem? Dealer or did you find it online?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it’s about an inch difference per LBS. I went through them as they are a dealer.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
is this kind of normal? I searched the thread and go with the advices on how to install seatpost but still it's not flat. I think I was trying everything but still I'm getting this like 1-2mm not flat :/

Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [galgavu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just push the rubber cover down and it looks fine. Mine does that too.

Human Person
Quote Reply

Prev Next