Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [softrun] [ In reply to ]

But...but...but...what if somebody is a man and identify as a woman? Not to hijack this AH gong show but, you know...lgbtq etc may be upset...[/quote]
SO I need to cut about six minutes or identify as a female? hmmmmm what should I do?

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]

Skyline Chili wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
So now there's a 280 mile run in the U.S. in addition to the 230 mile run in Haiti? And yet she's an unknown in the ultra running community!

I was just about to make the same comment. This is a new one.

Iā€™m a veteran and her wrapping herself in the flag kind of annoys me, her being a pathological liar and all

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [restodruid] [ In reply to ]

restodruid wrote:
Just to clarify, I was never an #Ashlete, I didnā€™t noticed that was a thing until I started seeing it here lol
Iā€™m offended! /pink (is this how this works? šŸ˜‚)
šŸ‘

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]

Animalmom2 wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
So now there's a 280 mile run in the U.S. in addition to the 230 mile run in Haiti? And yet she's an unknown in the ultra running community!

Iā€™m a veteran and her wrapping herself in the flag kind of annoys me, her being a pathological liar and all

You can stand down. It was a Haitian flag.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]

HuffNPuff wrote:
Derek M wrote:
Geez. I didn't want to write about her. Now I may have to. Now I have to dig through everything to find what she actually said. Anyone have screenshots can email me

derek@marathoninvestigation.com

She stated a half-truth that is not remotely the same thing as cheating to get into Boston. She met the qualifying standard but not the final cut-off time to get an acceptance, and she did not run Boston. But she implied to her followers that she qualified and was going to run it even though she didn't make the entry time. In the end, she deceived her followers, but on a scale of ethical lapses, I don't think this rises to the level of what I see on your website. Don't go there.

Please go there. Partial karma

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [restodruid] [ In reply to ]

I love you. You are my new favorite person, thank you!

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Skyline Chili] [ In reply to ]

Skyline Chili wrote:
Animalmom2 wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Yiu can stand up

She talked about running with the american flag.

Itā€™s about 28 pages back

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Derek M] [ In reply to ]

Please please keep us posted if you do .. I would, but details are not my strength. I'm just so disgusted by this person

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Divitoca] [ In reply to ]

Divitoca wrote:
I love you. You are my new favorite person, thank you!

ā™„ļø

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Divitoca] [ In reply to ]

Looks like donations have ground to a halt...

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RBR] [ In reply to ]

RBR wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:
Animalmom2 wrote:
Skyline Chili wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:

Yiu can stand up

She talked about running with the american flag.

Itā€™s about 28 pages back

Sheā€™s all talk. But glad you take her word for it. Good for you. In the promo video it was a Haitian flag.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

TheStroBro wrote:

Probably about the same time she did.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

TheStroBro wrote:

That's on me, sorry

Made my daily beg-post

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]

Durhamskier wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Actually, they kinda picked up as she was recovering from her Delaware street-nap

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

RandMart wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Actually, they kinda picked up as she was recovering from her Delaware street-nap

Delaware Street Nap sounds like it should be the name of a complicated and somewhat gross sex act.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [nc452010] [ In reply to ]

nc452010 wrote:
Chuck Norris BQā€™d at the Leadville 100

False. Chuck Norris doesn't need to qualify. Boston qualified for Chuck Norris.

restodruid wrote:
michaer27 wrote:
[just replying to entire thread]

This has been epically nuts.

I wonder what the general public would think of all this. I mean this story would seem to have way more interest and legs for the public than the saga of the woman who ALLEGEDLY cheated her way to Kona by losing her chip (are we allowed to use her name?) and was covered in the NYT.

Thereā€™s the social media as a platform for misleading people who are supposedly her friends/fans and who identify as part of her tribe. The amazing ability of her fans to ignore problems with her claims and defend her against perceived and some real attacks. The manipulating heartstrings and shielding herself from scrutiny via displays of her family and charity work. The refusal to own up to failures and past and present lies. The past lies coming to light when a dedicated group of athletes started looking more closely at her claims. All in the name of a business model as a fitness model and influencer and making money as a coach and sponsored athlete. And that doesnā€™t even consider the coach, the repeated ā€œattemptsā€ at events way beyond her training including ridiculous pronouncements beforehand and the complicity of the sponsors and media covering her.

If I were the author of that NYT article about the first person I mentioned, Iā€™d be all over this.

Iā€™ll tell you what the general public (or part of) thinks about this.
I am not a triathlon athlete, Iā€™m hardly a runner. I play contact sports, I maybe ran a few random 5k here and there but nothing worth noting.
Iā€™ve been following Ashley on IG since her Haiti run, never once I thought about fact checking, because Iā€™m not familiar with times, standards, anything. I thought it was pretty badass but I left it at that.
When I saw the 50/50 I thought ā€œthatā€™s coolā€, then again, didnā€™t realize the magnitude of the whole achievement until I started lurking on this forum.
My own ignorance in the subject led me to believe maybe it was doable for her, I donā€™t know her, but she ā€œguaranteed itā€ so I was like ā€œok!ā€.
I read most of the posts on this forums and a lot of things started to make sense, thatā€™s when I realized I was following a (potential) fraud without ever questioning her achievements.
Not even mad, but I can see how others follow her blindly, just as with everything else in life, you can do your own research or choose to stay ignorant. I donā€™t know everything there is to know about ultras, IM, running or tris, Iā€™m completely ignorant about all that, but thanks to this particular thread I feel I have a better understanding of the situation and Iā€™m glad.
I volunteer a lot of my time, Iā€™ve done a lot of volunteer disaster relief work during the hurricanes last year, I am 100% about helping others, so this whole charity situation rubs me wrong a bit harder, you know what? Pulling fake stunts like this to get people to donate is sickening.
I can see how sheā€™s utterly blinded by her ego and it makes my stomach turn. The way I see it, everything that goes up, has to come down eventually, and Iā€™m sure her time will come, meanwhile, I think itā€™s great this community is taking a strong stand against her BS because, if it were my sport, Iā€™d be up in arms too.
Iā€™ve put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into my discipline (which is also struggling to expand) and for someone to bastardize it like that, Iā€™d be raging.
Thereā€™s ways to do charity, a shaky foundation based on deceit isnā€™t one of them, IMO.
To be honest, this is shitty publicity, I have a feeling sheā€™s extremely greedy and this is just a game for her. Little does she know, sheā€™d have an even bigger following if she had been honest about this. Itā€™s a shame, really.
So carry on, slowtitchers, because some of us mere mortals have your back.

I think you guys are overanalyzing it. This, and many other things like it, are not about "charity" or "awareness". They are all about narcissism. It's thinly wrapped in a veil of something more socially acceptable, but in the end it's really just narcissistic attention whoring.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RZ] [ In reply to ]

RZ wrote:

I think you guys are overanalyzing it. This, and many other things like it, are not about "charity" or "awareness". They are all about narcissism. It's thinly wrapped in a veil of something more socially acceptable, but in the end it's really just narcissistic attention whoring.

yes, and those who commented on her body being muscular.... she is mainly doing narcissistic poses to accentuate her muscles. look in this picture where she is not flexing... looks like a normal female:

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RZ] [ In reply to ]

RZ wrote:

No, I get it, but thatā€™s what I meant, from someone who has 0 experience in endurance events, it doesnā€™t seem like anything is wrong, but when you start looking at what the experts say, you realize how serious and f*cked up everything is. Now I see it, I wouldnā€™t have considered before I came to this forum.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [RandMart] [ In reply to ]

RandMart wrote:
Delaware street-nap

A good name for a band, right there.

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [synthetic] [ In reply to ]

yes, and those who commented on her body being muscular.... she is mainly doing narcissistic poses to accentuate her muscles. look in this picture where she is not flexing... looks like a normal female:

That is by far the best picture I've seen of her. She looks like she is just out having fun instead of posing for attention.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Aug 23, 18 19:14

RZ wrote:

Probably the best summary of this fiasco Iā€™ve read. I almost signed up for Instagram to keep tabs on this, Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t now.

Post deleted by Dralyxulbrich [ In reply to ]
Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]

One of my service member friends had a bigger problem with this insta post from awhile ago: https://www.instagram.com/...rce=ig_web_copy_link

What better way to honor those buried at National Cemetery (edited) than post a picture of your ass while standing on the graves of fallen soldiers...

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Aug 23, 18 21:07

Re: Fitness star Ashley Horner to complete 50 ironman triathlons in 50 days [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]

realbdeal wrote:
One of my service member friends had a bigger problem with this insta post from awhile ago: https://www.instagram.com/...rce=ig_web_copy_link

What better way to honor those buried at Arlington National Cemetery than post a picture of your ass while standing on the graves of fallen soldiers...

Thatā€™s not Arlington. Itā€™s the National Cemetery in Suffolk, VA.

Prev Next