Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [b.will] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b.will wrote:
loosen the 2 bolts that tighten the mono extension to the mono spacer. This will allow you to rock or till the mono extension to a certain degree. Need to be careful when tightening the bolts. When tilted up, as you tighten the front one, more pressure will be put on the back bolt. Too much and you might snap the bolt.
Ack! If you don't also adjust the set screw you will shear the bolts. Loosen the 2 bolts, adjust the set screw to obtain the amount of tilt you want. Retighten the two bolts - go back and forth between them and make sure the rear bolt is tightened first so that there is equal pressure on both bolts and also the set screw.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks guys, is there a certain torque setting when doing angles or it's the same? Ripping a bolt out doesn't sound fun. Is this something that the speed concept is capable of or is it something they discourage?

Strava:https://www.strava.com/athletes/20890878
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SpeedOfCourse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SpeedOfCourse wrote:
thanks guys, is there a certain torque setting when doing angles or it's the same? Ripping a bolt out doesn't sound fun. Is this something that the speed concept is capable of or is it something they discourage?
It's totally designed to do it as long as you do it right. The two main bolts have the torque spec written next to them. Stick to that. Some people seem not to know about the set screw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok so i backed out the set screw in order to achieve an upward tilt for my aero bar. I then tightened the back bolt just enough to hold that tilt up. Then I tightened the front bolt to match it. Then I gave small turns for each until they were 8 torque. They seem pretty tight and I have only ridden it indoors but when I pull up and down on it I can hear creaking and it does appear to move just a bit. I have tightened it some more, possible beyond 9 nm and it still has some movement when I rock on it hard. Will test it tomorrow outside but I will check back on this post to see if anyone has any tips or tricks for me.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is th draft box on the gen 2 speed concept supposed to be drag neutral? I just got mine and it sticks out about 1/2inch on each side of the seat tube! I don’t want to use it for an Ironman if it’s going to cost me time
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't use it what are you going to do for spares?

I've used it everytime. It barely sticks out and certainly not enough to affect drag numbers at all so don't worry about it.

The bike frame is barely 15% of your aero drag.
Look to improve head position, head tuck, arm width, aero suit for more time savings.
Draft box will not cost you anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpeedOfCourse wrote:
Ok so i backed out the set screw in order to achieve an upward tilt for my aero bar. I then tightened the back bolt just enough to hold that tilt up. Then I tightened the front bolt to match it. Then I gave small turns for each until they were 8 torque. They seem pretty tight and I have only ridden it indoors but when I pull up and down on it I can hear creaking and it does appear to move just a bit. I have tightened it some more, possible beyond 9 nm and it still has some movement when I rock on it hard. Will test it tomorrow outside but I will check back on this post to see if anyone has any tips or tricks for me.
You definitely should not overtighten it. I have mine set with a fair amount of rise and at 7nm all is good - no creaking, and I'm 180lbs and put a lot of weight on the front end. Maybe you unweighted the set screw? Try tightening the rear bolt most of the way before doing the front one and see if that helps?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Update to above issue

Tightened the read bolt first, not all the way just most of the way then did the front then evenly finished both off to 8 nm torque. Test ride went well. Thank you guys. Going to test it again on a more bumpy road in a few days.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone.

First, sorry if this is replying to another topic but I don’t know how to start my own conversation within this thread.

Second, I have a 2014 speed concept 7.5. I am racing a HIM in a few weeks and need rear hydration options. I currently have the speed fill F1 but I like to keep that strictly for water. I’m looking for options for rear hydration, 1 bottle or 2, so I can have some gaterade endurance or other concoction as well.

My seat and post are both stock.
Has anyone had success with a certain brand or model?
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a lot of options for behind the seat hydration bottles. I use a turbo x wing I think it's called. Along with gorilla bottle cages.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Grayzweb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speed Fin on rear brake off center?
I switch rear wheel when going from trainer to outdoor rides. I have the wheel centered in the frame and put the speed fin back on it's never centered. Always almost rubbing tire on the right side. Took some pics. Anyone else have this problem? If I put the wheel on in alignment with the speed fin, then it's off center in the frame. I worry about it rubbing.
Last edited by: Grayzweb: Aug 23, 18 11:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry forgot about that. It slipped my mind as i typed. Easy to remember when looking at it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quinny98 wrote:
Hi everyone.

First, sorry if this is replying to another topic but I don’t know how to start my own conversation within this thread.

Second, I have a 2014 speed concept 7.5. I am racing a HIM in a few weeks and need rear hydration options. I currently have the speed fill F1 but I like to keep that strictly for water. I’m looking for options for rear hydration, 1 bottle or 2, so I can have some gaterade endurance or other concoction as well.

My seat and post are both stock.
Has anyone had success with a certain brand or model?
Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The XLabs Rear hydration should work just fine. It attaches to the rails under the seat. They have a few models, you would need to decide your preference.
You might also be able to use the Bontrager Integrated Speed Storage, which mounts to The Hilo Pro or Comp saddle (If you have one of those saddles)
I use an old Bontrager BTS mount, but they discontinued it. You may be able to find it online somewhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grayzweb wrote:
Speed Fin on rear brake off center?
I switch rear wheel when going from trainer to outdoor rides. I have the wheel centered in the frame and put the speed fin back on it's never centered. Always almost rubbing tire on the right side. Took some pics. Anyone else have this problem? If I put the wheel on in alignment with the speed fin, then it's off center in the frame. I worry about it rubbing.

Is the speedfin centered with wheel being centered for any of your wheels? If you could post your pictures that would help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like the rear wheel isn't dished properly
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally able to post here (been reading for quite a while now). Proud owner of this beast for a few weeks now:

P1 2018 SC with FFWD wheelset and I'm loving it. Sadly my Powertap C1 doesn't fit, neither does my 4iii left-only power meter. Anyone here any luck riding with a recent M-frame and 165mm cranks + power (Stages or Pioneer)? Tried to search but only a 2014-topic pops up.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Sjurk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stages works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know trek has officially said that pioneer won’t work because on the non drive side crank arm clearance with the frame. But there have been some people that put on spacers to push the crank arm further away from the frame.

Can’t speak for stages.

Why not a quarq?

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have dual sided Pioneer DA 165 on my bike right now. Got a bit of run, then spacered the left. All good now.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all!

@AKCrafty, Stages would be great, you've got it yourself or seen it work? Someone from Stages support told me the size of the crank doesn't change the position, while clearly it does (sensor of friends 175 crank is further from the BB than the 172.5 on one of my other bikes)

@stevej If I'm not mistaken quarq is only available in gpx which means changing the BB, which I don't really want as the current Coated Ceramicspeed is pretty expensive.

@Sbernardi good to know! Are you using something like the old triple-chankset spacers?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the Quarq website it looks like they come in GXP and BB30. I have the Quarq DZero on my 2018 SC, works perfectly. Was part of the original P1 build.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My $0.02 get a Power2Max power meter with a Rotor 24mm crank. Direct swap for a Shimano crank.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had my mechanic install it. I think it’s just off another Shimano crank. My old ultegra 6800 w dual side didn’t run at all. But it was a 172.5

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m running a 172.5 Stages, no problems. I swapped out from the SRAM/Quarq-ready because I prefer Shimano drive trains, so Quarq is 100% possible. I just had to swap out B.B. bearings on one side to go Shimano. I still have the 175 SRAM cranks and cartridge I’d like to get rid of, just need the Quarq rings...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have the same issue. Haven't taken it into Trek yet because it was never an issue until i got the Aeolus XXX with 25mm tire. Then it rubs when I'm out of the saddle due to slight flexing. the wheel is centered in the frame and the brakes but its off slightly in the speed fin.
Quote Reply

Prev Next