Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Aug. 20/21 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Aug. 20/21 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week was a total and utter shitshow. I had zero energy all week, fought through a couple of days of workouts, and then just bagged the rest of the week in my mind while I was sobbing walking up and down my street instead of doing a hard tempo run that was on my schedule. Thankfully I feel much better now (variety of reasons for the crash- TDaP shot, low estrogen levels, and sleeping like 4 hours over the course of the previous weekend, all of which have been removed or remedied), and ready to tackle some concerted effort training.

Goals for the week- hit all my workouts.

M- 2500m swim and short run (done! swimming at the outdoor pool for 2 weeks and I'm in my happy place)
Tu- Zwift and medium distance run (done! felt great on the bike doing SST work, and the run felt good as well)
W- 2500m swim and short run
Th- 3000m swim, Zwift and 20min tempo run
F- 3hr bike ride and travel to CT to see friends for the weekend
Sa- long run and baby shower
Su- rest and return home

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Aug. 20/21 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear you had a bad week last week; hope this one is better!

As for me, with nothing to train for on the horizon I had spent August training my beer drinking, impromptu napping and late nights. Finally got sick of that last week and started making myself breakfast in advance again. It's just a small thing but seems to anchor my day. The beer drinking has also been curtailed and no surprise, my sleep has improved.

I stepped outside my comfort zone and did a trial ride with a new-to-me cycling club. They run a women only ride on a Monday so I did that last week and this week. Also got in a long ride with Dan at the weekend and a very short ride with a friend who is getting back to his bike. My friend was terrified of his clipless pedals so I also swapped them over to flat pedals until he is a bit more confident on the bike, my first time doing something to somebody else's bike!

I haven't run since my 70.3 at the end of July as one of my knees had been complaining (randomly and for no apparent reason) but hoping to head out for a short jog today to assess that.

Hope the rest of the women are well.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Aug. 20/21 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Much better this week. Sleep is definitely clutch in that!

It always irritates me that my RHR is a good 5-7bpm higher after a beer or a glass of wine. Ruins my good streak, so that's my motivation for curbing the fermented beverages, haha.

And how AWESOME for you to jump into a new cycling group! I hope they continue to be great for you.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik and sorry you had a rough week Dr_Cupcake. Good luck on your run Scheherazade!

I had my 10-week surgical follow-up and they surgeon is very pleased with how I'm healing and how much I'm already able to (carefully!) do. all my

My goal was to ride 5 times, run 3 times, swim as I can, and do a really great hike on Sunday. We ended up canceling the hike due to air quality from the recent forest fires so I actually rode 6 times and ran 4 times. It was all boring and fine which is exactly what I'm looking for right now. Swimming is ... going. It remains pretty uncomfortable and slow but slightly less uncomfortable and slow every time. Progress!

I'm still in physical therapy but am starting to get more strength-based work which is really exciting for me.

This week, I'm still just riding my bike as much as possible, running easy, and swimming as I can (hoping for 5 rides, 4 runs, and 2 swims which are more like kicking and splashing but we'll take it).

Happy training y'all!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Aug. 20/21 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You picked a fun group to try out - you have good taste. :P
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Aug. 20/21 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've already decided to join again next season; and slowly working on Dan to get him to join too (if only to not feel guilty about abandoning him at home haha).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope all are well. Sorry to hear things ended up in the crapper, Dr. Cupcake, but good to see things are on their way back up.

I had an awesome week for training last week with three runs (added another 30 seconds to my run intervals to all, did one run faster, did an extra run interval to make one a "long" run), three rides (one long ride outside), weights, and lots of PT. I didn't do any yoga or make it to the pool but I did hang out with my friends in their sweet backyard both Saturday and Sunday... and they barbecued for us both days! So yeah I could have done a couple more workouts but it was nice to sit back and relax, and catch up with them. Also, the husband was gone a few times during the week, which means I didn't bother cooking a real dinner those nights, haha.

This week is already nutso and I'll be lucky to do much of anything. Getting ready for back-to-school (I work in higher ed) and had to work an evening event last night and will again tonight. Blech. Friends want to hang out tomorrow night and I'll have family in town this weekend. All great reasons to have an easy week for training, to be sure, but I see myself squeezing in runs and rides where I can these next few days, and not doing much else.

On another plus side we have butternut squash coming out of our ears and our tomatoes are finally coming in, so I won't have to worry about what's for dinner for a while, haha.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Aug. 20/21 Edition [Midtown Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This week is half over now but goals are a long run, at least one run outside, a speedwork session, 1 bike, 1 swim. Flying back to Oklahoma tomorrow. Main goal this week = no food issues.

ran long (11 mi), didn't run outside, did some tempo miles, BIKED ONCE!!! swam once. I think I was ok food-wise from Tuesday on. The struggle right now is scared of gaining weight, so I get confused about whether or not it is "okay" to eat a bedtime snack that I'm only half hungry for but want to eat. I believe I have determined that NOT eating said snack for several nights in a row ultimately results in my binge eating crap a few days later, and hence bedtime snacks should be eaten so as to avoid binge eating (which makes me feel terrible mentally and physically). In other words, I have almost convinced my brain that I am unlikely to gain weight from bedtime snacks and the small risk I WOULD is preferable to the misery of binge eating and subsequent self-dislike days later. The reality is my weight is pretty stable so THE SNACKS SEEM OKAY, BRAIN.

anyway, I swam 1125 yds, biked 9.4 miles, and ran 7x (one just a km because it was all I had time for) for 50.72 miles.

goals this week - finish conference submission (due Monday), no food issues (see above), swim 5x, bike 2x, day off from running.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Aug. 20/21 Edition [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
sobbing walking up and down my street instead of doing a hard tempo run that was on my schedule.

oh, I'm so sorry! Glad you're feeling better.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Mon. 08/13 - Swim 2,000 SCY
Tue. 08/14 - Physical Therapy; treadmill 1 mile
Wed. 08/15 - Swim 1,900 LCM
Thur. 08/16 - Gym/strength
Fri. 08/17 - Swim 1,800 SCY
Sat. 08/18 - Gym/strength
Sun. 08/19 - Yoga

I'm really liking swimming right now. Still going to PT for my hip, but it is slowly improving. We are doing a lot of hip work in the gym and I have my PT exercises to do during the week. I really need to get on my bike more. And - I've done some 60 second "jogs" on the treadmill. Might try to extend that a bit. We won't tell the knee surgeon.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply