Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Aug. 13/14 edition
Quote | Reply
how are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Aug. 13/14 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Womens and thanks for getting us started Dr. Tigerchik.

I had a good week -- I biked outside easy twice and rode my trainer 3 times, I ran 4 times, and I got in the pool for some kicking and drills. Both biking and running are coming along nicely. Swimming is what it is.
The highlight of my week was camping in the desert to see the Perseid meteor showers. I do that every year but this year was a new moon and a big group of friends :D

This week I'll ride 5 times, run 3 times, swim as I can, and do a really great hike on Sunday.

Next Monday is my 10-week surgical followup and I am hoping that I'm healing as well as it seems.

Happy training!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm liking swimming a lot.

For the week:
Mon: swim 1,950 SCY
Tue: PT
Wed: 2,187 (2,000 LCM)
Thur: weights/gym
Fri: 35 min trainer, +1 mi walk
Sat: bike 21.3 mi on my new gravel bike, strength/home
Sun: yoga

This week will likely look similar, though I need to add another trainer ride or two in there somewhere.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals this week - speed work, long run, run outside 1x, sccchhhhhooooolwork

I swam 3x for 3725 yds, ran 49.8 mi, and was fairly productive in the schoolwork realm. I did a long run (11.5 mi) and a tempo run. Didn't run outside.

This week is half over now but goals are a long run, at least one run outside, a speedwork session, 1 bike, 1 swim. Flying back to Oklahoma tomorrow. Main goal this week = no food issues.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The week is nearly over, alas, but the Phi Beta Kappa society just reminded me that this is Palindrome Week, and I thought it was important that DrTC knew that, in case for some reason you missed it! Every date this week is the same backwards as it is forwards. Oh, and I ordered a new bike this week, yay, so I cannot wait to next week to say how happy I am about it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This week is trying to eat me alive. My goal is to not let it.

Well, I made it through last week, and skidded through to Monday ass-backwards with charred flesh. Note to self- next time you want to lead a few dozen cyclists on a 100 mile bike adventure, don't do it the day after you get your TDaP shot and are low on hormones.

This week has gone completely in the shitter.

M- I slept 12 hours Sunday night, napped 3 hours Monday afternoon, and went to bed at 8pm.
Tu- Swam, was mostly okay, and ran, which was also mostly okay
W- Woke up, got on the trainer, couldn't get through a Z1 workout for more than half an hour. Walked instead of doing a tempo run. Sobbed the whole way. Went to the doctor, got more bloodwork done. Apparently my estrogen, which was at ass-kicking levels last month, was in the tank again this month. So we're figuring out a why.
Th- rest day, felt like I was being held down with soggy musty weights.
F- Feeling WAY better, walked for an hour this morning just to get my legs and heart moving.
Sa- Trying another Zwift workout, have a big cycling club meeting at my house in the PM to plan for our Century next month
Su- Maybe the Covered Bridges Classic in Lancaster if I can snag a registration from somewhere. If not, maybe a swim/run? Whatever I feel up for.

Next week's another week, hopefully I'll keep feeling better like today. I am currently trying to decide if I want to do IMNC 70.3 in October, but if I have even a couple more days like I had this week that's a firm hell no.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply