Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally a competitor to Garmin!

Garmin does have competition in the space. The whole wearable fitness and training tech spaces is experiencing HUGE growth.

To add to the rumor mill, I've heard that Polar - really the original brand, and creator of the space, has some new product that will be launching sometime before the fall.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like GPS rumors have posted a photo of the watch: https://gpsrumors.com/...oo-roundup-july-2018.

Found the user manual as well: https://usermanual.wiki/...o-Fitness/WF119/html

Design Specifications:
• Physical Dimensions (LxWxH) :46.5 x46.5 x 12.5mm
• Display Size: 240 x 240
• Battery: lithium ion
• Battery Life: Up to 14 hours
Last edited by: seattlejp: Aug 13, 18 15:13
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [seattlejp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seattlejp wrote:
Looks like GPS rumors have posted a photo of the watch: https://gpsrumors.com/...oo-roundup-july-2018.

Found the user manual as well: https://usermanual.wiki/...o-Fitness/WF119/html

Design Specifications:
• Physical Dimensions (LxWxH) :46.5 x46.5 x 12.5mm
• Display Size: 240 x 240
• Battery: lithium ion
• Battery Life: Up to 14 hours

I’m curious what the price point will be.
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garmin 735 is currently $349 and the 935 is 499. Neither of those watches are new, and no one would be surprised if Garmin came out with new models which added music, Garmin Pay, etc.

My guess is they undercut Garmin at $279-299.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriselam wrote:
Garmin 735 is currently $349 and the 935 is 499. Neither of those watches are new, and no one would be surprised if Garmin came out with new models which added music, Garmin Pay, etc.

My guess is they undercut Garmin at $279-299.

That would be nice. Not sure I’m their market as I’m happy with my 920xt but obviously others would be interested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
14 hours...that's a pretty shit battery life. Makes it pretty worthless.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

If you’re doing multi stage events, or 100 mi events then yes.

If you’re an IM person, dialed into the sport at a competitive level then 14 hrs is more than enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

It’s pretty much the Garmin 735. If you’re only doing 1/2s it’s great.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's good enough for Ironman too. Unless you need 14 hours.

Quit worrying about battery life and let's wait and see what features it has.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The change in what the buttons do will for sure throw me for a loop, is that something they had to change?
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [Brad Fio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any updates on this watch? I’m really looking forwards to getting my hands on a new watch and I love my ELEMNT bolt.... hopefully Santa’s elves make one ;^)
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [MrStealYoKOMs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've really hoped they would announce it in the days before Ironman Hawaii – in their request for dismissal the've stated on of the reasons is "delay to align with seasonal event schedule".
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [CmonB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At this point they might as well announce the Rival 2. It’s been a year since this thing first surfaced.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [MrStealYoKOMs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan spoke to them at Interbike and they said they weren't building a watch unless they could do it right, some I'm guessing it's on the drawing board now.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
Dan spoke to them at Interbike and they said they weren't building a watch unless they could do it right, some I'm guessing it's on the drawing board now.

:( That's a shame to hear. I was looking forward to it. What I really like about the Elemnt is the pairing with the Elemnt App - easy setup of the unit from the app, live tracking and the automatic workout transfer to Strava, Komoot, TrainingPeaks etc.
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [bluefever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like the Wahoo rival should be out sometime in May 2019
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roam too?

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Geek_fit wrote:

I’ll believe it when I see it.
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marklemcd wrote:
Geek_fit wrote:

https://gpsrumors.com/...o-roundup-april-2019
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marklemcd wrote:
Geek_fit wrote:

ACtually, I see the date on that now. Nothing at sea-otter....so I Guess I'm back to what you say. "I'll believe it when I see it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody heard recent news on this? I've tried to keep up to date with it by searching periodically for new info but haven't had any luck in a while. Seems like it may have been canned or put on the back burner since the stationary bike was released.

I'd REALLY like for them to finally release one so that I could have all my training in the same ecosystem. I'm looking at getting a new watch and looks like Garmin is the way I'll have to go at this point. They make great products but just wish I could stay with a single brand since I've already got a Bolt.

If Wahoo ever finally does, I really hope they have an "extended display" type of mode like Garmin has. Seems like it'd be pretty legit to use during a tri.
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [mjdrum92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently GPS watched are harder to figure out (in one way or another) than many of us know.

I've even joked with Wahoo support that I'm about to strap my wahoo Elemnt to my wrist.

You would think it wouldn't be THAT hard, given that they already have a prototype. But there is clearly some business reason they have opted to not prioritize this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's the only explanation to me.

I understand you don't want to move out of your area of expertise if it's a new venture for the company but it's really not that far out from what they've done before. They've got some of the best gps head units on the market and HR sensors that are very god as well, combining the two seems to be a no brainer.

But what do I know, I'm just the customer who'd pay great sums of money for the product....

I'm tempted to just start bombarding them to try to get a definitive answer on whether they're going to ever release one of not haha.
Last edited by: mjdrum92: Oct 14, 19 11:27
Quote Reply
Re: New Wahoo running watch coming soon? [mjdrum92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There have actually been times where my VERY old Garmin 220 was dead and I was going for a run. I just put the wahoo in my pocket and switched the activity type when I was done.

Worked great. Which made me wonder even more why they can't make a watch. But like you said...what do we know?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I have actually heard of people doing that before as well. That is a decent work around but obviously not something you'd do on a regular basis.

Just pretty irritating that there is such a large portion of the "Wahoonigans" that would love for them to release the Rival but they have either lagged behind or decided just not to do it.

I think I'm going to have to just bit the bullet and go with a Garmin. I kind of feel like it's conceding to the fact that Wahoo just has given up on a portion of the market which I really don't want to do.
Quote Reply

Prev Next