Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Aug. 6 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Aug. 6 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals are to run outside at least once, do one speed workout, one long run, swim at least 3x. Get some time in on schoolwork...
didn't run outside, did a speedwork, kinda did a long run (double digits), swam 3x, did some schoolwork :-)

camp is over for the summer, which I am sad about :-( back to lots of schoolwork.

M: 8.4 mi run
T: 5 mi run + 1425 yd swim
W: 8.6 mi run
T: 4 mi run + 725 yd swim
F: 8.4 mi run
S: 3.2 mi run + 1975 yd swim
S: 10.2 mi run

totals 4125 yd swim + 47.8 mi run

goals this week - speed work, long run, run outside 1x, sccchhhhhooooolwork

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rejoined the multisport world and had a birthday. That was the good side. A long time co-worker unexpectedly passed away after a brief illness. Big shock - she was only in her late 40s. I remember trying to teach her to swim in open water (she could swim but had never swam in open water). She ended up completing a sprint tri, which had been her goal.

So a mixed week.

SWIM: 6,663 yds (3:08)
BIKE: 33.5 mi (2:28)
WTS/YOGA: 35 min
TIME: 6:11 – not bad considering two full days off since my hip was killing me Mon/Tue/Wed.

And I got the nicest comment from Emilio DeSoto - "Welcome back to your sport, your friends, and your lifestyle." That made my day.

Now it's time to get serious on the bike!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Aug. 6 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about your coworker.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a nice thing Emilio said, and what unfortunate news about your colleague.

My update comes from Friday. I had shared a write up about the women who rode the TDF course ahead of the men's tour (on FB), thinking that was pretty cool and badass. My dad liked it, then suggested how cool it would be if my friends and I did something like that, where we'd launch one specific girl to victory. Not launch me to victory, this other girl.

Ok, I'm not the greatest athlete to have walked the earth and no, I don't cover all my race results and QOM's on FB as a matter of routine. So sure, I guess I'd make a lousy athlete to be the face of a professional cycling team. But - none of us are professional cyclists or athletes, period. Would it have been so hard for him to blow just a little bit of sunshine my way?

Whatever.

This week I'm sad to realize I have to skip a tri group outing to see that new tri movie, b/c I have a meeting for work. Grr.

2nd tri post hip surgery is this coming Saturday, oly. I aim to bike hard and have fun, and know there's a chance I'll have to walk part of the run. I keep having this recurring sudden stiffness crop up that cuts some of my runs short as it feels like I can barely walk (mega hip flexor tightness). It takes some of the joy out of carving out time for training, so I haven't been very compliant with my plan at all. A bit of a self-feeding circle, it seems.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry to hear about your coworker. I'm glad you were able to help her accomplish one of her major life goals and I hope you are always be proud of and fond of that when thinking of her.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
This week's goals- just keep building.

M- 2500yd swim, 2.7mi run
Tu- Zwift session and mid-range run
W- 2700yd swim and tempo run
Th- 2900d swim, zwift session, and short run brick
F- long run, maybe an easy spin in the PM to flush out the legs
Sa- cycling club duties in the AM, and then we'll ride in the PM.

Su- rest day- Going to see Hamilton!

Well, this almost went to plan. I ran before cycling club stuff on Saturday. But, the roads here were so wet and riddled with debris that riding was a no-go on Saturday. Plus the cycling club stuff went late. Because it always does.

But! Thursday I had a breakthrough in the pool. I made it to 3000 yards (because why stop at 2900 when you are THAT close?) ANNND I also hit a pace that was 30 seconds/100 faster than when I started back up in the pool a couple of months ago. I'm so happy and pumped that I've made it back this far.

Oh, and Hamilton was AMAZING.

This week is trying to eat me alive. My goal is to not let it.

M- Zwift and 2.7mi run. This was supposed to be a swim and a longer run but I got to the pool and NONE of the lifeguards were there. WTF.
Tu- 2700yd swim and 5.6mi run

W- 2700yd swim and short run
Th- 2700yd swim, zwift, and 20min tempo brick run. And then Dr's Appointment. Where I also get my TDAP booster. Whee.

F- long run in the AM, and then I'm off for a cycling tour weekend. 25mi ride in the PM before dinner with the club
Sa- short run, maybe a swim? And then I'm running SAG all day for a tour of the Brandywine Valley- Longwood Gardens, Winterthur, wineries, and other fun points of interest.
Su- 35mi ride in the AM, and then heading home.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:
Quote:
This week’s goals- swim 2x (1 done), run/walk-2x, ride 2x (hopefully going to try the ride from last week again, sponsored by the same shop, if it isn’t as hot as it was on Sunday).
Ended up swimming 3x- once was open water swim on Friday, did walk Signal Hill trail, and only rode 1x. Signed up for sprint Aquabike on 8/12.
This week’s goals: swim 2-3x- (1 done, but cut short due to headache), run/walk at Signal Hill Tuesday, get another bike tried in during the week, race -Sunday.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Aug. 6 Edition [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My update comes from Friday. I had shared a write up about the women who rode the TDF course ahead of the men's tour (on FB), thinking that was pretty cool and badass. My dad liked it, then suggested how cool it would be if my friends and I did something like that, where we'd launch one specific girl to victory. Not launch me to victory, this other girl.

Ok, I'm not the greatest athlete to have walked the earth and no, I don't cover all my race results and QOM's on FB as a matter of routine. So sure, I guess I'd make a lousy athlete to be the face of a professional cycling team. But - none of us are professional cyclists or athletes, period. Would it have been so hard for him to blow just a little bit of sunshine my way?

Whatever.

Awww :-(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The week started off pretty well, but some knee pain sidelined me for a few days. I think it is a combination of running on a treadmill that needs to have its belt tightened, and my dumb dogs pulling me on our walks (yes I have tried every harness/collar known to man and we have a solution that reduces the pulling, but they are still dogs and freak out when they see a squirrel). All that jolting around cannot be good for it. Luckily the pain mostly cleared up for me to end the week with a run on Sunday and has been cooperating this week so far, knock wood.

Sorry to hear my Womens friends going through some tough times. =(

I have been struggling with finding enough time in the day to do anything lately. After work is a flurry of errands, a workout, cooking dinner, bills/computer stuff, etc. and I usually go to bed too late as it is. I haven't squeezed in any PT in a week. I wish I didn't have to commute -- I hate losing an hour of my life every day. Blah. Just venting -- I know there is only so much I can do in 24 hours.

On the plus side, the knee pain had me worried about signing up for a Labor Day weekend duathlon, which would be my first (automatic PR!), but I am encouraged to sign up for it now that my knee is feeling fine again.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply