Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel terrible and can't swim when my chest is too tight, so I wear one size up. It takes less than 5 min for me to put it on.
When I had a right size, it took about 10 min. I used to use a plastic bag, but if I'm dry and pull the right spots, I have no problem putting it on without it. I had old Xterra but got newer Orca. I can tell it's been improved a lot through the years.
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5 - 10 minutes. I start with my wetsuit inside out and roll the suit on from the feet upwards. Is great in getting wrinkles out and getting suit high in the crotch! Just make sure the zipper is on the right side when you start.
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [bob2run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's your trick for getting it off fast? As I have aged it seems my foot/heel gets stuck . . . sometimes I really have a hard time.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [milkmaid1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Milkmaid,
Sounds like you need a man to help you into that wetsuit.
Last edited by: milkman1982: Aug 2, 18 12:56
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [milkmaid1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how long it takes you to get ready for a date.
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
What's your trick for getting it off fast? As I have aged it seems my foot/heel gets stuck . . . sometimes I really have a hard time.

Practice practice practice.

It takes me 9 seconds
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:

cut the bottom of the legs, on the back of the legs, cut up to just under the seam; it should look like a [curved] triangle was cut out of the bottom on the back. this will help you get it over your heels faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you also need to not be afraid to be aggressive with yanking each foot out of the leg when at your bike in T1. position your opposite leg firmly on the chest of the wetsuit, then pull out as hard as you can
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
I am seeing wetsuit ads saying it should take 10 to 12 minutes or you have the wrong size. How long does it take you?

somebody needs to make a video on how to put a wetsuit on right.

in this video, i'm purposely putting on a suit that's a size too small. this was a 3min job. it's a 2min job if you put on the right size. it's a 10sec job getting it off, if you take it off immediately after exiting the water.

if that's not your case, then you: 1) don't have the right size or style of wetsuit; or 2) aren't using best practices while putting it on and taking it off.

you shouldn't feel constricted. when we were all in our 20s, yeah. fine, get into the tightest thing you can, if you're a really good swimmer with really good open water skills and experience. now, me, i err on the side of a size too big if i'm in between.

and finally, too many of us are assuming - maybe it's a point of pride - that we should be able to swim in the same suit we've had for 10 or 15 years, altho we aren't in the same body we had when we bought that wetsuit.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
RBR wrote:
I am seeing wetsuit ads saying it should take 10 to 12 minutes or you have the wrong size. How long does it take you?

in this video, i'm purposely putting on a suit that's a size too small. this was a 3min job. it's a 2min job if you put on the right size. it's a 10sec job getting it off, if you take it off immediately after exiting the water.

if that's not your case, then you: 1) don't have the right size or style of wetsuit; or 2) aren't using best practices while putting it on and taking it off.

you shouldn't feel constricted. when we were all in our 20s, yeah. fine, get into the tightest thing you can, if you're a really good swimmer with really good open water skills and experience. now, me, i err on the side of a size too big if i'm in between.

and finally, too many of us are assuming - maybe it's a point of pride - that we should be able to swim in the same suit we've had for 10 or 15 years, altho we aren't in the same body we had when we bought that wetsuit.

^^^^^^
This

so very well said.
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
RBR wrote:

It tales me less than 5 min maybe even 2 min to put on and 9 seconds to take off. So I agree with you

Why do you think Roka says it should take 10 to 12 mins to put on?

Could it be for marketing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ya, if the suit is loose at all, not sized right.
On the flip side, if you can't get full arm range of motion, problem in sizing there as well.

Ryan
http://www.SetThePaceTriathlon.com
http://www.TriathlonTrainingDaddy.com
I got plans - https://www.trainingpeaks.com/...dotcom#trainingplans
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
Slowman wrote:
RBR wrote:

It tales me less than 5 min maybe even 2 min to put on and 9 seconds to take off. So I agree with you

Why do you think Roka says it should take 10 to 12 mins to put on?

Could it be for marketing?

this i couldn't tell you. but then i have an advantage as i've been putting them on longer than anyone ;-/

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
6 minutes that feel like an hour?
This. More or less.
Quote Reply
Re: How long does it take for you to put your wetsuit ON? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
When I was in my twenties it took just a few seconds...Oh wait...you meant for swimming...carry on...

Right, me too

Especially if the beach patrol was nearby

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5-10 minutes for my Roka Maverick (love it btw). But a good chunk of that is me screwing around trying to get the neck and shoulder sections “just right.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next