Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? July 23 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 23 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals for this week: 1+ hr of schoolwork every day M-F (Wed. possibly excluded as is sibling's bday). Picking up my brother at the airport Sat. AM !!!!! run outside at least once; one long run; one speed workout. Swim a couple times (1 done).

schoolwork done; I submitted one of my big projects for the summer yesterday :-)
didn't run outside but did the long run and the speed workout. And I swam a couple times and had really good workouts.

M: 2.3 mi run + 2025 yd swim
T: 8.5 mi run (7 mi @ 8:34 pace)
W: 3.6 mi run + 2325 yd swim
T: 9.5 mi run
F: 3.1 mi run + 1600 yd swim
S: 4 mi run
S: 11 mi run

goals for this week: run outside at least once; two speed workouts (one done), one long run, swim a couple times (1 done)
this is kinda my vacation week because my brother is here :-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoy your time with your brother Dr TC! I haven't seen my sister since last November and I miss her.

I'm tapering for my race and kind of wondering what to do with all this free time I suddenly have?! Race day is Sunday and I'm trying not to be too type-A but I really want to take the kickr and the nespresso machine with me. Goal for this race: be fast enough that Dan doesn't say "What took you so long?" at the finish line.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 23 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know what a kickr is but no harm in taking the nespresso if that's what you're used to for coffee. Have a great race!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week- Since I've been cleared to start pushing my limits, I'm going to start pushing my limits. Speedwork in the pool, on my runs, and I'm going to chase some of my faster friends on the bike on Saturday during our group ride.

M- 2400 swim, 5.5mi run w/pickups
Tu- Zwift and short brick run
W- 2500 swim with strength sets, 20min tempo run @10k pace
Th- Zwift and short brick run- also a crazy day of volunteering and hosting a TdF happy hour for my cycling club, whee!
F- 2400 swim with speed sets, long run
Sa- half century+ ride, short brick run and BEER!

Su- rest day!

Well it was certainly a week. I managed to get all of my workouts in! Yay! But not without some fudgery later in the week due to Thursday. Thursday I volunteered at the Museum of Natural History all day, and then played at happy hour with everyone. I did not make it home until Friday. Yep. I paid for it dearly, switched my rest day to Friday, and then scrambled to pay my penance over the weekend. Group ride didn't happen (screw you, rain!) so I did a Zwift workout and a brick on the treadmill and then went out for beer with everyone in the afternoon :)

This week's goals- FINISH LINE HOLLLAAAAAAA. Sprint tri with my IronBae on Saturday! I'm nervous because I know I'm not where I used to be and am not sure how that frustration is going to hit me, but excited to see where I am now and what to work on for the rest of the year.

M- 2600 swim, 2.7mi recovery run
Tu- Zwift and short brick run (maxmium effort!)
W- 2450 swim and short run
Th- 25000 swim, Zwift and short brick run
F- shakeout, lol. Just going through the ol' motions to get ready and racked for a tri. Short bike and run with spin/pickups.
Sa- Race!
Su- We move the brewery ride to this day, and I really want to go, so I'll probably use it as a recovery day and take it easy. Also, beer.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Post deleted by SLOgoing [ In reply to ]
Re: How was your week? July 23 Edition [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was wondering where you were! Sorry to hear things have been rough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh goodness that is a lot. I'm so sorry. Let us know if we can do anything to help.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear this. I hope backpacking and training brings you some joy, mental clarity, and time for taking care of yourself. <3

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a lot at once. Oof. I hope the backpacking brings some much needed relief/serenity from the bad stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? July 23 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scheherazade wrote:
I was wondering where you were! Sorry to hear things have been rough.

Dr_Cupcake wrote:
Oh goodness that is a lot. I'm so sorry. Let us know if we can do anything to help.

Midtown Miles wrote:
Sorry to hear this. I hope backpacking and training brings you some joy, mental clarity, and time for taking care of yourself. <3

edbikebabe wrote:
That is a lot at once. Oof. I hope the backpacking brings some much needed relief/serenity from the bad stuff.

Thank you all so much for the kind words. Onward is the only place to go from here. I'll be around. :-) I just wish I wasn't injured. I'd probably be in the best shape of my life!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that Hillary.

I spent 4 days in Kansas to see my Dad, who just turned 89. Unfortunately, he has rapidly progressing dementia and is getting pretty frail. He used to walk 2 miles a day for many years, so it's hard to see. We had a small birthday get-together with family, so that was nice. And, it was also my grand-nephew's 4th birthday so I got to go to his party. I also bought myself a new bike. It's a Salsa Warbird, a gravel bike. I'd seen it when I was in Kansas in May to spectate Dirty Kanza (and see Dad) and it was still there this trip. And, it fit me - definite omen that I should own this bike! Goal for next year is to do the 50 mile DK.

https://www.instagram.com/...l6/?taken-by=ironclm

For the week:
S: 5,050 yds
B: 10.2 mi
Tr: 0
Walk: 2.7 mi
Weights/yoga: 1:36
Time: 5:58 (Iโ€™ll take it, considering travel, etc.)

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hillary, so sorry to hear about your rough patch. I am thinking of you and hope backpacking gives you the respite you need.

And Hi Womens. I'm alive, healing well, lurking a little, and mostly riding my trainer gently. Happy training!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing, sorry to hear about the "life changes." :-(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awful... so sorry to hear you're going through such a rough spot. Take care of yourself.

My week ended in missing a Worlds spot at my A race by 30 seconds, to someone who was beatable... I had the worst swim of my tri career, which resulted in a gap I couldn't quite make up. Healthy dose of perspective on this thread though... could have been a worse week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little late to the party this week. Last week : swam 3x (one was a clinic in an outdoor pool where I was taking pictures, not much swimming). Gradually increasing time and distance.
This week, swam 2x, trying to get a run in before the week ends. Going to watch finals of USA Swimming Nationals on Saturday๐ŸŠ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐ŸŠ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ, should be exciting. I still have my tickets from 2004 Trials. This will be the first time spectating on a National deck, last time I officiating at Junior Nationals when they were in town in 2010.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply