Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sufferfest Workouts on TR
Quote | Reply
Did anyone manage to save the old Sufferfest workouts or re-create them in Trainerroad? I hate that they aren't on there anymore. I remember there being a discussion about this when they were pulled, but couldn't find the conversation using the search function.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest Workouts on TR [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For any of the ones you have done you can look at your ride and then recreate it manually using the Workout Creator. A bit of a pain but it works.
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest Workouts on TR [wcb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried that, but all my past Sufferfest rides are missing from my Career page.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They took "Sufferfest" out to the name. If I go to my career and search "hero" or "angels" I'm able to see Local Hero and Angels 2015.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recreated several of the SF workouts. There are a few sites (I don't remember off the top of my head) you can grab them off, rename to a .mrc, drop into the workout creator, and access from within TR.

PM your email address and I'll send them to you this weekend sometime.

ETA: here's a link to someone's google docs spreadsheet that has all the workouts. just select the workout, copy the appropriate file type (ERG or MRC) into notepad, change the extension, and drop into workout creator.
Last edited by: d00d: Jul 20, 18 12:22
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest Workouts on TR [d00d] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

ETA - Never mind, I learned to read!

Last edited by: flynnzu: Jul 20, 18 13:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the link!

I believe Trainer Road allows sharing custom workouts within a team.

Any chance you’d be willing to share your “custom SF” workouts on Trainer Road via the Slowtwitch Team?

We could use this approach to collectively rebuild the library.

Scott
Last edited by: GreatScott: Jul 20, 18 15:47
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest Workouts on TR [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how to share? i joined the team, but dont see an option to share.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UFR, it appears a team admin must authorize the share:

https://support.trainerroad.com/...g-Workouts-to-a-Team

Did a quick search, but couldn’t identify the team administrator for Team Slowtwich.

That’s a bummer as sharing is quite simple once the rights are established.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest Workouts on TR [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gotcha...
well, if a team admin decides to allow sharing, i'll do so.

if you want to create the SF files, use that site.

i created the mrc files, and can send if you pm me. i have not created erg files.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just spend the $99 or whatever it is for the annual SF access. - It's a vastly improved app these days and much better than the standalone videos of a few years ago.

I'm a real fanboy as it gives me the motivation i need to go deep.

TR then loads the ride data into the performance analytics so you get to track the TSS and ride stats along with your TR rides and outdoor rides.
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest Workouts on TR [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
Just spend the $99 or whatever it is for the annual SF access. - It's a vastly improved app these days and much better than the standalone videos of a few years ago.

I'm a real fanboy as it gives me the motivation i need to go deep.

TR then loads the ride data into the performance analytics so you get to track the TSS and ride stats along with your TR rides and outdoor rides.

i am a big fan of the SF workouts, so i bought the videos. until there are a ton of new videos, i don't think i'll buy the annual membership. TR and SF together are an awesome workout.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
d00d wrote:
I recreated several of the SF workouts. There are a few sites (I don't remember off the top of my head) you can grab them off, rename to a .mrc, drop into the workout creator, and access from within TR.

PM your email address and I'll send them to you this weekend sometime.

ETA: here's a link to someone's google docs spreadsheet that has all the workouts. just select the workout, copy the appropriate file type (ERG or MRC) into notepad, change the extension, and drop into workout creator.

Thanks! Very useful. I had the files for some of the videos I have, this should get the rest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone, David from The Sufferfest here. While I know you're all disappointed that our workouts aren't in TR anymore, we are competitors and it doesn't make sense to have our intellectual property on their platform. TR agrees with this (you might remember their issue with Zwift when their workouts were showing up over there). If you do enjoy our workouts, I'd politely ask you to give our app a try rather than finding ways to do our sessions on other platforms.

Our videos have all been updated and/or remastered entirely, we offer a broad range of x-training content and, perhaps most importantly, if you're doing the workouts on our app they are dialed into your entire 4DP power profile. That means more effective training that you can get with workouts based on FTP alone (like on TR). Our app even has a 7-day free trial so you can see what it's like. Happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks!

David McQuillen, Founder & Chief Suffering Officer, The Sufferfest

David McQuillen
Founder & CEO of The Sufferfest
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest Workouts on TR [The Sufferfest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I purchased a number of the videos long ago specifically for integration with TR. While I understand the reasoning for pulling them and that's your call, I don't really want to pay another subscription to use videos I already purchased when I can simply continue to use them the way I intended originally at a time when you hadn't yet decided to be in competition with TR - in fact, you were hosting your tour on their platform.

TR and all the folks that work over there are the best. Happy suffering.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response and I understand your thinking. Should you ever decide to move past FTP-based training (and do our workouts the way our world-class coaching team intended), then do give us a try. It's free, you can see how our videos have changed since you bought the original versions and you can have a look through our 100+ training plans (also designed by the same team that coach some of the world's best pro cyclists and triathletes). And thanks -- we're always happy when we're Suffering. :)

David McQuillen
Founder & CEO of The Sufferfest
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
flynnzu wrote:
I purchased a number of the videos long ago specifically for integration with TR. While I understand the reasoning for pulling them and that's your call, I don't really want to pay another subscription to use videos I already purchased when I can simply continue to use them the way I intended originally at a time when you hadn't yet decided to be in competition with TR - in fact, you were hosting your tour on their platform.

TR and all the folks that work over there are the best. Happy suffering.

I think the same. Some years ago I payed more than 200 EUR to get the whole video bundle. Last winter and before I tried the SF app and had lots of trouble, getting my powermeter and my Kickr connected. Took me about 10-15min before each workout to get it done. Using SF is not an option to me, to be honest...
Last edited by: andid333: Nov 12, 18 6:50
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest Workouts on TR [The Sufferfest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sufferfest wrote:
Hi Everyone, David from The Sufferfest here. While I know you're all disappointed that our workouts aren't in TR anymore, we are competitors and it doesn't make sense to have our intellectual property on their platform. TR agrees with this (you might remember their issue with Zwift when their workouts were showing up over there). If you do enjoy our workouts, I'd politely ask you to give our app a try rather than finding ways to do our sessions on other platforms.

Our videos have all been updated and/or remastered entirely, we offer a broad range of x-training content and, perhaps most importantly, if you're doing the workouts on our app they are dialed into your entire 4DP power profile. That means more effective training that you can get with workouts based on FTP alone (like on TR). Our app even has a 7-day free trial so you can see what it's like. Happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks!

I had also purchased a bunch of videos and now can't use them. My advice would be to grandfather the old ones in their previous use forms and move on with your new platform. I am not going to invest in another platform, especially since one of those investments are now a total waste. Imagine buying music on Itunes and then finding out you cant use it any more, do you think you would buy more music from Apple?
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest Workouts on TR [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endosch2 wrote:
The Sufferfest wrote:

Thanks!

I had also purchased a bunch of videos and now can't use them. My advice would be to grandfather the old ones in their previous use forms and move on with your new platform. I am not going to invest in another platform, especially since one of those investments are now a total waste. Imagine buying music on Itunes and then finding out you cant use it any more, do you think you would buy more music from Apple?

While I see your viewpoint, I think you're missing the point that products continue to update and evolve. For example, the videos you purchased back then were relevant and new at the time. Since then, technology and products have evolved, as did the FTP testing, which SF now integrates with the videos. I liken it to owning your tri-bike. A new model is released with upgrades...while you purchased the bike last year, you don't get this years model. If anything, I think there should be a grace period , such as if users purchased the videos within a 6 month window to when the app was released and updated, then they can receive a refund or something.
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest Workouts on TR [TRobTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRobTri wrote:
endosch2 wrote:
The Sufferfest wrote:

Thanks!

While I see your viewpoint, I think you're missing the point that products continue to update and evolve. For example, the videos you purchased back then were relevant and new at the time. Since then, technology and products have evolved, as did the FTP testing, which SF now integrates with the videos. I liken it to owning your tri-bike. A new model is released with upgrades...while you purchased the bike last year, you don't get this years model. If anything, I think there should be a grace period , such as if users purchased the videos within a 6 month window to when the app was released and updated, then they can receive a refund or something.

I am not sure you see my point. All I was saying was SF should make a deal with TR to leave the old video workouts on their platform so people like me could use them in their older form. To use your example, if you own an older generation tri bike, Cervelo does not disable it because they have a new one. I think the best thing for them to do would be to make a deal with TR to keep the workouts for their older videos, but develop compelling reasons for people like me to follow them to their new platform. Right now the FTP replacement concept is not really doing it for me, I would wait longer to see if there is any scientific consensus that its time to move on from FTP. That seems like a hard hill to climb for the number 4 or 5 player in the whole virtual bike training market, not saying it cant be done but tough sledding....
Quote Reply