Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Denizens of the gym [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Virginia Plain wrote:
YES!!!!

He lives in my town and works out at my Y. My husband met him at our grocery store a couple months back. He's the lovliest person you could ever meet.

And I told you that a friend of mine from Kickrunners/30s worked with him at DuPont before there department was dissolved

I mean, spun off or broken out, not actually "dissolved," like with solvent or something

Spun off like this?

Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eb wrote:
Spun off like this?

Sort of, maybe?

Centrifuges might have been involved

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
RandMart wrote:
Virginia Plain wrote:
YES!!!!

He lives in my town and works out at my Y. My husband met him at our grocery store a couple months back. He's the lovliest person you could ever meet.

And I told you that a friend of mine from Kickrunners/30s worked with him at DuPont before there department was dissolved

I mean, spun off or broken out, not actually "dissolved," like with solvent or something

I dont Recall u telling me that ever
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [Virginia Plain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Virginia Plain wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Virginia Plain wrote:
RandMart wrote:
I'll give you a hint: I made a post about Croakies, and featured his pic [maybe even the same shirt]

link please

Why do YOU need the link? You already know who that is

< these Delaware girls; I dunno, sometimes >

I wanna know if it's the same shirt.

On second look, it's not

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6534492#p6534492

It's more like a bowling shirt = it has a collar

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Virginia Plain wrote:
In Reply To:
RandMart wrote:
Virginia Plain wrote:
YES!!!!

I dont Recall u telling me that ever

I could swear I did? Well, know ya know

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh he’s SO much grayer than that now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're working him out too hard?

Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [Triocd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.bostonglobe.com/...EI1pzexbL/story.html

/thread

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sharing from another Forum

Quote:
Well, I almost punched a woman in the locker room today. She was there for the water aerobics class, and was talking to another woman about how the Southern states really have her sympathy for their loss of slaves after the war. "Many of them had a very good relationship with those slaves. And we had colored people in my family and we always treated them very well...." Almost bit through my tongue at this point trying not to object.

"And many of those slaves nursed the babies in the family--it was a very close relationship..." "And it was an agrarian society so we* needed the help..."

Fucking unbelievable.

*She actually did say "we". She could identify with the beneficent white slave owners. Just not the slaves.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

Quote:
Well, I almost punched a woman in the locker room today. She was there for the water aerobics class, and was talking to another woman about how the Southern states really have her sympathy for their loss of slaves after the war. "Many of them had a very good relationship with those slaves. And we had colored people in my family and we always treated them very well...." Almost bit through my tongue at this point trying not to object.

"And many of those slaves nursed the babies in the family--it was a very close relationship..." "And it was an agrarian society so we* needed the help..."

Fucking unbelievable.

*She actually did say "we". She could identify with the beneficent white slave owners. Just not the slaves.

Where was this gym? That sounds like theater of the absurdity
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Quote:

Fucking unbelievable.

Massachusetts, I believe

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
windywave wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Quote:

Fucking unbelievable.

Massachusetts, I believe

So this is hearsay?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
So this is hearsay?

No, this is credible witness. Virginia Plain can confirm

I'm just not 100% sure where she lives

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

Quote:

Fucking unbelievable.

Of all the things that didn’t happen, this didn’t happen the most.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triocd wrote:
We haven't had one of these yet? I didnt see one in a search.

Anyway, there's a new couple at the gym. Young and pretty fit and they're there a lot. They both wear the SAME outfit every single visit. I've seen them 3-4 times per week the past month and they have the same clothes every time. Sweaty cardio and everything. What's the deal with that?

While rehabbing an injury several years ago, I joined one of those 24-hour workout gyms. About 8am one morning, I am in there with maybe 3-4 other individuals, and this old dude walks in wearing Cons, tube socks, a wife beater, nutters and headband. That outfit would have been odd if it weren't for the sledge hammer he was carrying. He walks around for a minute or so, looks at himself in the mirror, then leaves. The look on our faces was definitely the "WTF just happened?" look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
RandMart wrote:
windywave wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Quote:

Fucking unbelievable.

Massachusetts, I believe

So this is hearsay?

Weeeell, it's hearsay in the sense that we didn't experience this interaction directly. But it was relayed to us by a reliable source.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you, dear

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Virginia Plain wrote:
windywave wrote:
RandMart wrote:
windywave wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Quote:

Fucking unbelievable.

Massachusetts, I believe

So this is hearsay?

Weeeell, it's hearsay in the sense that we didn't experience this interaction directly. But it was relayed to us by a reliable source.

We have a saying in these parts, that even us Damn Yankees have adopted. It is "Oh, bless her heart!", which could mean in this woman's case "Girl, you're out of your mind (and you need help)!".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Virginia Plain wrote:
windywave wrote:
RandMart wrote:
windywave wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Quote:

Fucking unbelievable.

Massachusetts, I believe

So this is hearsay?

That sounds too bizarre to be real. I'd give the chance of that conversation happening at all at very very low, outside maybe of a white supremacy group. That conversation happening in an open public gym locker, infinitely low.

Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"we needed the help"

Paul Beatty's The Sellout has a great line about the "dark-skinned volunteers"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Virginia Plain wrote:
windywave wrote:
RandMart wrote:
windywave wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Quote:

Fucking unbelievable.

Massachusetts, I believe

So this is hearsay?

I would no longer rate that source as reliable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And, back on topic...........

Lately just more of the same. Gym bro douches who jack the temperature up like they're Holyfield cutting for a weigh in. Then turn up their pathetic 40 year old man metal music over the gym speakers.

Also recently, the dudes who didn't sweat a drop hogging the showers like they just finished a Tough Mudder course. Oh, how cute. You have a mild glow.

Naked dude is still there. Does a mildly better job of changing now before talking to people. A+ effort, thanks.

The cleaning crew likes to come ask if the locker room is empty always at the busiest time of day. So logical. Probably so they can sit outside the door waiting while sitting on their cell phones instead of cleaning.
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of the gym [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thought about this thread last week when I was at local Y. What is it with dudes that love walking ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE LOCKER ROOM with no towel, no clothes, just a limp member hanging out?? It's young guys and old guys that are offenders. I don't get it. I like being naked and don't have a problem changing in public but I also don't walk 80'-100' with it all hanging out just because!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Then turn up their pathetic 40 year old man metal music over the gym speakers.

Dude, that cuts, cuts deep.

*starts updating my playlist*

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm lucky. I love my gym - it's city owned and run by the Metro Parks Dept. Nice gym (free weights/lifting racks/lots of cardio/spin room/TRX/yoga room/indoor running track). There are only nice people when I go (usually mid-morning) and most are power lifter types, so it's not too busy. It's super affordable ($325 for the year) and this includes lap swimming. There is the fitness facility, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, a 50 m x 25 yd pool with a great masters program and a number of kids who will be going to the Olympic Trials next year, and two ice rinks. The Nashville Predators do most of their practices there during the season and I've seen a Preds player who stayed in town part of the summer there lifting. My only beef is that there isn't an outdoor pool.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next