Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Is your triathlon bike front page worthy?
Quote | Reply
If you think your bike is badass and front page worthy, please reach out to me via PM and I will consider it. But be realistic, the bike has to be very sharp to be considered.

Odds? Low unless it looks like this

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...pproaching_6928.html
Quote Reply
Re: Is your triathlon bike front page worthy? [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a little segue off this as it reminds me of a vintage motorcycle forum I used to be a part of. We used to have a contest where people would submit their motorcycles and forum members would come to a consensus on the 12 best looking bikes. The winner's bikes would be used as the photo for each calendar month and then it was sold to the forum. That always seemed to be a crowd pleaser and brought out some really pretty bikes.

Thoughts?

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For better or worse, on ST the prime consideration is "how aero is the bike?" (as long as the seat is not too high). I will admit, the Andean showcased in the article is a pretty sweet looking bike set up in long course configuration. But what about a stock say, SC or P5, that has no add-ons because you focus on sprints that have bike legs no longer than 20 miles?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Is your triathlon bike front page worthy? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really do not care what distance it is for, but how nicely it is set up and photographed. A simple stock bike can be hot too, but since we see those all the time, maybe it has less bite.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would love to see what people have done for custom paint jobs. Like something that would make you do a double take in transition and say 'wow, that looks cool!'

Stock bikes can look cool but I can go to any OEM page and see any stock frame, with any stock paint job, and any combination of off the shelf components/wheels/accessories.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Indeed it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

PM me for the photo shoot!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't even say the sharpest looking bike. What I want to see is what the top AG's are riding and their setup. Back in 2014 you spotlighted Chris Borden's Dimond probably because it was a relatively new bike at the time, but seeing how efficiently he had his bottles set up and what wheels he was running made me go back and see what I could apply to my bike. All the little stuff adds up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to wait for the time you ask...

"is your bike back page worthy?"

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Is your triathlon bike front page worthy? [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about some real custom bikes pushing UCI rules? Like a chromed out low rider bike :)

https://goo.gl/images/GIvD7A
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paging Brendan aka toothengineer

Quote | Reply
Personally, I'd be much more interested in seeing extremely well-set-up mortal bikes than just five-figure bikes.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an English. What do I win?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YES
but I'm too lazy to actually clean anything more than the drivetrain.
Do you take submissions with sweat, sports drink and snot all over it?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you were on your hiatus when I wrote up my Herbert-inspired post:
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5226449#p5226449

Sadly, that bike has left my stable, but is enjoying a new life in Brazil.
Quote Reply
Re: Is your triathlon bike front page worthy? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
YES
but I'm too lazy to actually clean anything more than the drivetrain.
Do you take submissions with sweat, sports drink and snot all over it?

I call your bluff. Please submit your bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whats the deadline?

I need to clean my baby up for a shot at this.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If that aesthetic atrocity is the standard by which we are being judged then we might as all withhold our entries!!
Quote Reply
Re: Is your triathlon bike front page worthy? [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM me a pic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we get to vote on whether they're Nice or Super Nice and ring a cowbell?

What do you consider "worthy"? If I was a dentist and had a spare $15000 then it's easy to buy my way onto the front page, but that doesn't make a bike interesting. I'd rather you found some interesting tech details or clever/DIY innovations to focus on. Maybe that's just me though.
Quote Reply
Re: Is your triathlon bike front page worthy? [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
Personally, I'd be much more interested in seeing extremely well-set-up mortal bikes than just five-figure bikes.

i kindof agree - i don't necessarily care whether its a low-end bike or a top-end super bike. i can get all the hot pics of standard top-end super bikes i want just from manufacturer websites let alone the rest of the web.
to me, the ST front page should be reserved for bikes that have excellent setup for whatever purpose or rider needs. examples of clever problem resolutions that the rest of us can pick and choose from based on our situation and needs. the article should detail what the problem/need was and how the bike solves that problem. it might be an ingenious hydration system, a setup for unusual geometry, specific wheel or component choices, whatever.
not necessarily always unusual things though, there is a place for showing orthodox setups that just nail everything - especially for the main brands which a lot of us ride
Quote Reply
Re: Is your triathlon bike front page worthy? [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it when I see it. :-)

MattyK wrote:
Do we get to vote on whether they're Nice or Super Nice and ring a cowbell?

What do you consider "worthy"? If I was a dentist and had a spare $15000 then it's easy to buy my way onto the front page, but that doesn't make a bike interesting. I'd rather you found some interesting tech details or clever/DIY innovations to focus on. Maybe that's just me though.
Quote Reply
Re: Is your triathlon bike front page worthy? [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gtjojo189 wrote:
I wouldn't even say the sharpest looking bike. What I want to see is what the top AG's are riding and their setup. Back in 2014 you spotlighted Chris Borden's Dimond probably because it was a relatively new bike at the time, but seeing how efficiently he had his bottles set up and what wheels he was running made me go back and see what I could apply to my bike. All the little stuff adds up.

I second this. I like seeing how people make the bike they have work for them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is a Spesh Shiv, the one with the chameleon paint job that changes color depending on viewing angle, very clean cables and cockpit, and Zipp 404/808 combo. So probably not? This is a super common setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2016 SpeedConcept. White! Zipp 808 w disc cover. Latex w GP4k2s. DI2 ultegra. Dura Ace 165s w dual pioneer pm. Prob the best set up per $ out there.... I might b biased tho lol
Quote Reply

Prev Next